Chocolate, Cocoa, Coconut, Nuts
Edit tea info Last updated by MissB

From Custom-Adagio Teas, Cara McGee

A perfectly sweet, normal tea. It tastes like cookies. Fresh baked, perfect, golden chocolate chip cookies. The kind with the crispy edges and gooey, melty centers. Especially with milk added. And then you get the most beautiful, warm, caramel colored tea. It’s just amazing. Really. So perfect.

Blended with black tea, natural vanilla flavor, natural almond flavor, natural chocolate flavor, dark chocolate chips, cocoa nibs.

Steep at 212° for 3 mins.

About Custom-Adagio Teas, Cara McGee View company

Another sample from MissB. :) Another fandom tea, and I’m not part of the fandom. Welcome to Night Vale, I believe…

This smells really chocolatey. I put some coconut milk into this one, just because.

It’s not bad. It’s quite faint chocolate, but I think there would be more flavour if a little sweetener was added to the tea. I think I preferred the blueberry Tardis tea, though. The chocolate just isn’t quite the right chocolate flavour for me.

MissB

I’ve yet to try this, it was the ingredient list that got me!

OMGsrsly

I’m super picky about my chocolate teas. :) This one is good, just not quiiiite right.

had a giant cup first thing when i got to the office, along with my chocolate tea biscuits,
because CHOooCOOLAAATEEEE!

oddree

It’s a good day for biscuits! Chocolate + Perfect Carlos – of course! Perfection is perfect. (Also perfect is the Terry Gross Joaquin Phoenix interview – no spoilers for the movie, just a warm fuzzy feeling of personal acceptance and self deprecation.)

I steeped this for only 3 minutes, yet I think it’s too much. It definitely tastes like cookies – the kind you’d get at McDonalds, the cheapo chocolate chip ones that I haven’t had since I was a little kid anyway, so maybe I’m out to left field. However, it tastes like burnt, cheapo chocolate chip cookies. It’s bitter. It’s astringent. If it weren’t for those two things, I’d wholeheartedly recommend this tea to any gluten or grain -free person who misses their “real” cookie fix, because this is pretty darn close.

Will try steeping this again for only two minutes next time and see what happens.

Sorry Carlos. You may be perfect, but your tea is not.
I’m not sure what it is? It’s strong, and chocolatey but also slightly astringent? And just… idk. Lacking.

It’s a tea that only Cecil could love.

aisling of tea

I find all of adagio’s black teas to be very astringent, and I end up steeping them at well under boiling to try and avoid it.

Cavocorax

I’ll have to use a lower temperature next time!

Okay, WTNV tea #2. This one opened with a very strong chocolate aroma, almost overpowering, but it promised a very delicious experience which it didn’t really live up to.

The aroma softened quite a bit upon steeping to a slightly less pungent chocolate/almond. I let it cool for about eight minutes so I could actually start drinking without burning my mouth. I got a definite “cookie” flavor, but it was subtle and not terribly sweet, so I added a little brown sugar for kicks, which helped. On further sippage I could begin to taste the chocolate, though it certainly wasn’t as strong as I had hoped (I brewed it using an open tea strainer instead of a bag, hoping to let the chocolate melt out into the tea).

Hoping to make a more drinkable tea, I then added a little bit of milk and a little chocolate syrup (because hey, why not?) and it just continued to fall flat. As it cooled, a more obvious chocolate flavor started sitting at the back of my tongue, and I began to enjoy it more with each sip. Not a bad tea, yummy but not very exciting. It would probably be a good tea for just before bed (caffeine doesn’t affect me unless it’s in huge doses, so I’m perfectly fine drinking black tea and then falling asleep).

Flavors: Chocolate

thank you cavo! This is not a tea for me. Sadly, this is one where the black adagio base is coming through strongly and the only other flavour i get in this one is almond. I know there were chocolate chips in here and such but really..it’s just a cup of "meh"lightly flavoured almond water with that adagio base.

(but now i’m SO caught up to variaTEA hahahaha!)

VariaTEA

MUST SIPDOWN MORE TEAS!! Are you going for the 190? Is that the goal here?

lol yeah… i don’t know if i’ll make it, but i’m going for 190 today…from 208? lol but i’ve been up forever today…. and thankfully i’ve got lots of small samples.

VariaTEA

Good luck! I doubt I will hit that however in theory I will be sending teas away soon so my cupboard will shrink (YAY!)

haha yeah, i packed up the BBB box today so i could get one sipdown that way hahaha

Terri HarpLady

Hopefully TastyBrew will hang on to it for a little while, :)

haha i likely won’t get it out until next weekend…i’m stupidly busy this week and super tired today so i don’t wanna leave the house

Terri HarpLady

That’s ok with me. I held on to it for weeks…mostly cuz I was too busy & disorganized to send it back out.

yep…it’s kinda nice that way.. no pressure

It tasted like a weak Almond Joy to me. I’m just not having any luck today trying these new flavors. Yesterday, I had one that was really good…but just not feeling the love from this cup. There was nothing that ‘popped’ for me in this tea.

3 min, 0 sec 1 tsp 8 OZ / 236 ML

Yuuum. My wife cracked open a can of coconut milk and made a latte for me with this – why coconut milk? Because this tea tastes like nothing so much as a diluted Hello Dolly square, which is amazing. It’s this flaky coconutty chocolatey cookie type taste, with just a bit of an edge on it like they’ve been sitting in the pan too long. A++ would drink again.

Flavors: Cocoa, Coconut, Nuts

This one took me on a taste journey. I kept taking sip after sip, the flavor strongly reminding me of something but I didn’t know what. It was driving me crazy, so I set it down and walked away.

The flavor reminded me of a specific mouthfeel, gritty but kind of cakey, but not really. It brought up the memory of some…woman in my life making some kind of bars. Not chocolate chip cookies, but something that did have chocolate in it, and chocolate I felt was unneeded.

I read the reviews and went back to the tea after it had cooled and kept sipping. Some kind of spice dessert bar…gah! What the hell is it?

Then I read a review mentioning someone putting coconut milk in it and it was like my head exploded.

Hello Dolly squares. This tea tastes like my mother-in-law’s Hello Dolly squares in a watered down form. I need to make this into a latte with coconut milk for my wife and see if she agrees.

It reminded me of Carlos and Cecil. Is Carlos into Cecil? It was months upon months of wondering and trying to figure it out when ALL OF A SUDDEN things changed and the internet exploded over it.

So while the tea itself doesn’t make me think of Carlos, the first time I had it certainly always will.

1 tsp 12 OZ / 354 ML