Fruit Green Oolong Blend
Edit tea info Last updated by Terri HarpLady

From Custom-Adagio Teas, Cara McGee

Created by: Cara McGee
Teas: Grapefruit Oolong, Vanilla Green, Sour Apple
Accented with rose hips and ginger

What a bitter jerk.

About Custom-Adagio Teas, Cara McGee View company

Tea #2 from my ‘The Town We Do Not Speak Of’ (aka Nightvale)
Dry this one has a very strong grapefruit scent. Sort of a sour/tart sort of scent.
After brewing it’s got this strange sweet/sour thing going on with a grassy sort of green taste. Adding some truvia mellows the sour taste, though doesn’t really bring out much more than what I’ve already tasted.
I’ll have to try cold brewing this one too since maybe that’ll bring out more sweet fruityness. As it is, it’s a pretty alright tea to drink hot.

I have no idea who this guy Steve is, but this is a sample sent to me, which was sent to Sil from Cavo. My first couple of sips were boring, then I added a little sweetener & the tea lit up with flavor. Grapefruit, for sure, a warm ginger mouth, a whisper of vanilla, & lots of tangy fruity stuff. Not something I would normally drink, but like most of the teas conceived by Cara McGee, it’s pretty good, & I bet it would be especially tasty over ice.

Cavocorax

Steve Carlsberg is one of the characters mentioned in the Welcome to Night Vale Podcast (http://podbay.fm/show/536258179)

He’s mentioned in a few of the earlier episodes as the radio host really, really doesn’t like him, but we don’t know why until 40 episodes later. :) I liked his tea far more than I did the character!

Look, who had I sipdown?
I did.
I had a sipdown. (150)
Finally. After many days of casual drinking, I did it.
And it was Steve. I took Steve out.
Steve Carrrrrlsberg….. That idiot.

Cameron B.

Hooray for sipdowns! :D

Congrats! :)

this one is a little better. Likely because of the ginger in it…ginger makes every thing better for me haha. Another one from Cavocorax that i can get behind. Still not an overwhelmingly AMAZING tea, but it’s not a bad little cup if you’re after a fandom sort of blend. I wish the ginger was a lot stronger in this but it did show up a little.

I love my ginger!

Bye, Steve Carlsberg. I actually really enjoyed the light grapefruit flavor. Though I realized that I should be steeping twice as much Adagio tea as I usually do – I find the teas light, and my literal teaspoon isn’t very exact – so for the future I’ll load up the spoons.

Ooh at lunch I started reading a 3-part close to 300k-word Hannibal fic by an author I’ve never read… and it seems really good. I know what I’ll be doing this weekend… and next week… and perhaps next weekend. (This fic’s podfic even has a gag reel. That’s a first for me.)

Terri HarpLady

I have a sample of this that I need to drink…So many Adagio fandom samples left to drink…

Cavocorax

Oh, I’m adding this to Calibre toutsuite!
And a gag reel? Neat-o! Do you listen to many podfics? I was thinking of trying it for my commute home (busses are too crowded to sit & read, but I can listen to things at least)

Cavocorax

Also, I just found out that Adagio has cheaper shipping to Canada (starting at $7 instead of $28 so now I can go nuts! I bought Thor & Loki thanks to Shmiracles samples getting me hooked)

Roswell Strange

(Cavo I may bug you for a sample of Thor)

Cavocorax

Yes! No problem Roswell. :)

OMGsrsly

Just make sure your headphones are fully plugged in. ;)

oddree

That’s good news about Canada shipping! Yay, Adagio! Some of those fandom blends are hook-worthy for sure (hello, Bilbo and Stiles). I have tried podfics and audio books, but it’s hard for me because I tend to pause and daydream (ahem) when I read fics and then I just get lost when I try audio. But there are fanfic podcasts (I used to listen to these a little: http://spnfic-podcast.livejournal.com/ but they’re gone I guess) – This one is pretty great, and multi fandom: http://www.slashreport.com/
I trust rageprufrock :) (ooh, there’s a Hannibal one from last year…) though I will warn you, you may get sucked into other fandoms you never thought you’d like…
(P.S. I started that long fic I linked to above and it’s AWESOME oh no oh no! Read to 2 am and now I’m at work booo)

Cavocorax

I love Slashreport! :D They just posted a new one on SPN that I’m itching to listen to, but… newest NightVale ep is first. :D

But I had no idea it was RagePrufrock who did the podcast? :O A friend recced it and I got hooked without actually looking into the who’s and why’s! And the other lady is from Toronto! Neat-o!

Cavocorax

Also, I’m adding that to my Kindle! :D Here’s hoping I’m off a few days soon so i can ust read without worrying about sleep. (I couldn’t sleep last night so read a shmoopy Dean/Cas domestic fic instead)

oddree

I have regular weekends, and because I’m a genius, I am now 30% through 2 books (Dune, Eckhart Tolle) and that longfic and I REALLY don’t want to be at work this week or sleep or do anything else but read. I couldn’t sleep last night, and then when I finally did, I woke up sweat soaked from a nightmare where I was back teaching high school again. Horrors horrors! My go-to feel good Dean/Cas was always wingfic hahahahaha. Oh wingfic. I hope you get some time off soon! I always want to be all, blah blah Mondays to you and then I realize you probably have no regular schedule like us 9-5ers.

Cavocorax

Haha. I’m reading The Wisdom of Psychopaths, all the fic that gets thrown at me, and then I just started A Storm of Swords on my bus ride to work this morning! Sometimes a kindle is bad because it’s TOO easy to switch back and forth!

ll be great if it happens.

oddree

Ooh the nonfic-fanfic-fantasy(I’m guessing) triad! Let’s guess which will get finished first… HA. You are a reading machine… on your reading machine :) I always blame Shmiracles because she bought me my kindle when I had stopped (stopped!!!) reading fanfic. Then I got her into it, so now we’re even steven.

Everyone deserves a day off. Good luck to you!

Oh god. Even steven…. :D
and I don’t know how I’d manage without my kindle. I love it so much! (I just don’t like the newest update bc it wants to sync everything and I don’t want anything online – I’m all Calibre-baby!)

I had a cup of this last night, but I have no memory of it because as soon as I sat down to enjoy it, my laptop decided to start sounding like the unmarked black helicopters seen in the skies of Night Vale.

This area is Not Good For Play. I will mourn you Vanellope.

So I made a new cup today and I rather like Steve Carlsberg (Sorry Cecil!). The grapefruit and the vanilla pair well together, but it’s more vanilla than grapefruit, which is a little disappointing…I love grapefruit.

But he is keeping me company as I fight with my old laptop to back up before she dies. Sigh.