Black Green Pu-erh Blend
Edit tea info Last updated by Shmiracles

• “This one isn't a bad one, but it's not one of the best of the Night Vale teas. It's strongish puerh , with a bit o smoky gunpowder and sludge that is probably supposed to be an assam. I DO miss...” Read full tasting note
    cavocorax 1700 tasting notes
  • “mmmmm so funnily enough, i quite liked this one! There was something satisfyingly dark and deep and yummy about this one. I had a large cup of this while watching fringe with dinner and it was...” Read full tasting note
    Silaena 5400 tasting notes
  • “i'm way behind on my tea notes. so apologies in advance but having a big backlog is when i tend to write nonsense notes that have very little to do with actual tea. i guess i just treat the note...” Read full tasting note
    shmiracles 744 tasting notes
  • “Oh honey, no. Just noooooo. I do not like this. It tastes like dusty, musty black licorice. This is too awful to finish. I will save the rest of this tin for the wife, who likes it, and stay...” Read full tasting note
    ladykittykat 1320 tasting notes

From Custom-Adagio Teas, Cara McGee

created by: Cara McGee

Dark, dusky, a complete unknown entity reminiscent of terrible, ancient gods. Best left alone to steep.

blended with gunpowder, pu erh dante, assam melody

teas: pu erh dante, gunpowder, assam melody

accented with aniseed

steep at 200° for 2 mins

About Custom-Adagio Teas, Cara McGee View company

This one isn’t a bad one, but it’s not one of the best of the Night Vale teas. It’s strongish puerh , with a bit o smoky gunpowder and sludge that is probably supposed to be an assam.

I DO miss Management in Night Vale. Sure, they were evil, but NOT AS EVIL as, Strexcorp? :| I have so many feels about the latest episode. And so muh dread for the next.

mmmmm so funnily enough, i quite liked this one! There was something satisfyingly dark and deep and yummy about this one. I had a large cup of this while watching fringe with dinner and it was just. yes. apparently i’m having a good tea day today lol Thanks for sharing this one with me cavo!

i’m way behind on my tea notes. so apologies in advance but having a big backlog is when i tend to write nonsense notes that have very little to do with actual tea.
i guess i just treat the note like a bookmark. — i dog ear the page saying ‘i drank this’ and hopefully when i have a second cup i will be inspired to make a more flavor specific note.

this tea is a tea of things i love. i like all the teas used in this blend consistently.
and i know it’s mean’t to be a sort of stern and dark tea. management is uptight right? and ancient. and terrible.
so what does that say about me? hahaha jokinnng

any tea that can add aniseed has my respect.
when i’m making adagio blends i always wanna add things like cardamom accents and saffron. but usually the tea is intended to be shared with a friend… and i don’t wanna do that to them. i know not everybody enjoys my flair for the weird when it comes to tea.

ALSO
did you guys notice the “Similar Teas” listed under this one?
HILARIOUS!

Sami Kelsh

OMG THE SIMILAR TEAS

Also, flair is awesome! Add that flair! I made three blends in a row that all had sprinkles. nods

OMGsrsly

Saffron and cardamom in a tea sound pretty amazing, TBH.

Sami Kelsh

They are!

Oh honey, no. Just noooooo.

I do not like this. It tastes like dusty, musty black licorice.

This is too awful to finish. I will save the rest of this tin for the wife, who likes it, and stay far, far away.

1 tsp 12 OZ / 354 ML
Cavocorax

It’s best to stay away from the Management. You don’t want to attract their attention.

To register a complaint, just pick up your phone and whisper into it. They’ll hear. THEY’LL HEAR.

Roswell Strange

I really need to finish Welcome to Nightvale… D:

aisling of tea

We’re a few podcasts behind, but it’s so, so good!

This tea was slid under my door in a bag etched with eldrich symbols and the longer I took to try it the more what was behind the door grew agitated.

Unfortunately, I brewed a cup to take with me to work and then promptly forgot to take it with me. I wandered through the desert while strange lights passed overhead. I lost all track of time. Finally I emerged from the desert that was no desert and made myself another cup.

This was . . . interesting. The aniseed burnt a little, but the tea itself was dark and earthy. Usually I would be all over it for that darker flavour profile, but I just can’t get over the cloying aftertaste from the aniseed. I would have to be in the mood for it.