Toasted Marshmallow

Black Oolong Blend
Edit tea info Last updated by KeenTeaThyme

From Custom-Adagio Teas

This blend is cozy and comforting, like a campfire. Smoky lapsang souchong blends with creamy black tea and vanilla oolong to create a taste just like a toasted marshmallow from a campfire. (Created by Carolynne Keenan)

About Custom-Adagio Teas View company

This is so comforting to me, on a rainy and gray day like today. No rating as this is my blend. Please see other notes. And lemme know if you wanna try it!

I wouldn’t mind trying this. Always looking for something new and different and I’d never heard of the tea used here.

I’d love to try this, too! It sounds interesting!

RachanaC (Rachel)-iHeartTeas

She has some on sale here… it really is worth a try. Just page thru the list and you will find it.

Thanks Rachel! :)

Thanks Jackie! :) There’s a note on the Adagio page; I was blending at home and originally tried it at 30% lapsang, but decided it was too much. 10% is just the right amount. Can’t wait to see what you pair with it! :)

This tea sounds utterly fantastic!

I would love to try this! :)

Mmmm! Rat lunch with this tea – so perfect and delicious! I think I’ll be having rat lunch more often!

3 Cheers for Rat Lunch!

Huzzah! Huzzah! Huzzah!

Oh my gosh. I feel like I’m 10 again sitting by the fire listening to my dad tell ghost stories. . .sorry for the flashback there.

This one is such a fantastic blend! Its smoky and creamy all at the same time. It seriously smells like a campfire. That alone is fantastic, then the more you drink it (or devour it like I am right now) all of the flavors mingle perfectly. Very savory! Love it!

Thanks KeenTeaThyme for the sample of it. I’m loving it!!

So glad you like it! :) I thought of the whole ghost-stories-around-the-campfire anecdote too. Of course. :)

Of course you did!! :) (hahaha)

Steeping up another cup- Wow, still soo good and sooo smoky/creamy. Love it! I think I need a bag of my own ;)

I was a bit leery of this blend as it contained lapsang tea, which always throws me with its smoky scent and flavor, but in this blend,it really makes a difference.

The tea smells incredibly smoky and sweetly creamy upon brewing. I was a little hesitant to take a sip as the smoke was in the lead for the aroma. There is a bit of smoky flavor in the taste, but the vanilla and cream really tone it down and make it very enjoyable. I can almost taste that golden brown marshmallow (I learned how to be patient with my marsmallows so they wouldn’t end up charred around the time I graduated college). This is a delicous tea and I would recommend to anyone who is a bit hesitant to try smoky teas. This would be a great introductory tea to enjoy.

Thanks KeenTeaTime for the sample!

Glad you enjoyed it! :)

I’m not sure who this came from.

ick, this is terrible. I only got a hint of what tasted like it was suppose to be Graham cracker. No smoke, no cream, just black and that slight almost spice taste.

Been slammed at work lately, no time to log but I have taken plenty of time for tea. I am thankful to my many friends I have met here for introducing me to new and exciting teas.
This is becoming a favorite, I really think it should be marketed! Thanks to KiTT and her Blog, I won a wad of this (southern measurement term) and some other samples.
I will log them later, but I love the slightly smoky, creamy, vanilla flavors and this is the honest truth, you can close your eyes with a cup of this and you are at a campfire…well, as long as you don’t spill any of it!

You are so sweet! I’m glad you like it. I too can’t get enough…but may be slightly biased! :)

So… My sample of this got contaminated by a minty tea it was shipped with. And to add insult to injury, I used too much water for the sample size.

This is me right now:

Next time I shop at Adagio, I’ll just get myself a tin.
No rating until I try it fresh and unadulterated.

Thanks to KeenTeaThyme for allowing me to try this blend! I am not a big lapsang fan but I was so intrigued by the name of this tea that I wanted to try it despite the lapsang issues I have. I love the marshmallow and wish there was more of it! It was very nice to try and for those who enjoy lapsang I would recommend this blend!

I have to admit, the more I hear about this tea, the more I’m tempted to buy some to try! :)

I normally dislike lapsang too – but I needed to make amends with it in order to make this work. It took some blending, but less (lapsang) is best. ;)

Thank you “KeenTeaThyme” for sending me such a generous sample of this deliciously creative tea. I was surprised to get a taste of toasted marshmallow. I tasted a hint towards the end of the sip. Overall, I wish it was a bit stronger in flavor but I will say it is smooth and just the right amount of smokiness. Yum!

Recently got a sample of this tea, and one of my favorite parts was that the dry leaf has a very nice roasted vanilla aroma to it.

As for the actual tea, I slightly detected marshmallow, but not really the smokiness. (Many seem to have detected it the other way around!).

I wouldn’t actually go for this to have a ‘Toasted Marshmallow’ tea, but instead a really smooth, enjoyable black tea. The Oolong definitely comes through and adds a well-rounded, nice aftertaste.
It didn’t put up well to a resteep, however (though… I may not have brewed it long enough).

I’m glad to have been able to try this, it was very enjoyable!