Effie (Blend)

Black Rooibos Blend
Edit tea info Last updated by Kathryn Ann

• “This is such a strong smelling tea! Opening the bag I got a huge whiff of sweetness! It smells like strawberries and chocolate with cream... just like the teas used! It's so sweet-smelling I feel...” Read full tasting note
    kayburg 80 tasting notes
  • “A victim of Adagio's tendency not to flavor teas very strongly for sure. Effie smells nice and the flavor choices sound appealing, but you just don't actually get to taste much of anything; it's...” Read full tasting note
    flowering 1100 tasting notes

From Custom-Adagio Teas

Ever shifting sweet flavors including Chocolate Covered Strawberry, Rose, and Vanilla, all blended together with a backing of sweet cream. A slightly off-balanced blend with good (if misguided) intentions.

ingredients:
valentines, rooibos almond, cream

created by Cara McGee

About Custom-Adagio Teas View company

This is such a strong smelling tea! Opening the bag I got a huge whiff of sweetness! It smells like strawberries and chocolate with cream… just like the teas used! It’s so sweet-smelling I feel like I’m getting a toothache just from smelling it. I can see how this is an effie tea.

The tea smells just as sweet as it did in the bag. It’s a very overpowering smell, and I hope the tea is more mellow. It’s a light color, amber-ish. Any lighter and it would look pink and would definitely remind me of effie!

The taste is sweet, but not as overwhelming as its smell. I taste the cream and the almonds, and the hint of rose. This tea needs no sweetener, it’s already sweet enough. It’s not a taste i’m used to, since for the past 4 months I’ve been drinking pure oolongs and white teas… but the cream and chocolate flavors gives it body. I like this, but I’m wondering if maybe I understeeped it… or put too much water in for the amount I used. It feels like it’s missing something, but I’m not sure what.

A victim of Adagio’s tendency not to flavor teas very strongly for sure. Effie smells nice and the flavor choices sound appealing, but you just don’t actually get to taste much of anything; it’s really just a mildly sweet generic black tea.