Black Pu-erh Yerba maté Blend
Edit tea info Last updated by Ze_Teamaker
Boiling 1 min, 30 sec 8 oz / 236 ml

1 Tasting Note View all

From Custom-Adagio Teas

This dark, earthy, smokey, and energizing tea is a great explosive start to the day. Remember, THERE CAN BE ONLY ONE…… TEA! Valve owns and created everything I used to make these up. I take no ownership at all.

I wanted to make a series tea and decided to do one based of the game, ‘Team Fortress 2’. It is one of my favorite (and only) first person shooter games I play. So I created each tea to represent each of the characters buy there job class and personality’s.

pu erh dante, lapsang souchong, toasted mate

About Custom-Adagio Teas View company

1 Tasting Note

In my 3rd week of my semester at UCF, and so far I really am enjoying it. All of my teachers this year are great, and i’m learning a lot from my classes. I’m taking Front-End code, Back-end code, User Experience design(UX) and an Information Entrepreneur class. Now to just prioritize it all….

Yesterday I got the news in my email that my TF2 fandom blend is going to be featured all day tomorrow on the site. I can’t believe a collection I made a few years ago for fun is going to get this kind of recognition. I’M SO EXCITED.

This came out quite nicely. I basically wanted this tea to taste like gunpowder, or at least what a explosive work table would smell like; but in a good way. Also to be a great boost of explosive energie from the mate’.

I combined the first two steepings into a mug after doing a quick rise and found it to be a really rich, smokey, and bold cup. Although it didn’t have a thick mouth feel like I thought it might due to the Pu’er. It had a surprisingly light and clean mouth-feel. The smokey flavor was the most dominant. There was lots of intense pine spice and even a little bit of menthol flavor as I kept drinking. By the time I got to the 3rd steep onward the smokey flavor had subsided and the smooth, leather pu’er was shining through, with the other teas playing in the background. This tea deffeintly delivered on the energizing boost with the mate I put in it. Going to keep some of this around for winter when I need a kick int eh pants for those hour long drives to 8:30 classes at UCF.

Overall I’m really glad how this one came out. Nice bold and smokey cup with lots of depth and an intense energy boost.

Flavors: Earth, Menthol, Pine, Roasted, Smoke, Spices, Tobacco, Wood