Black Rooibos Blend
Black Tea, Natural Caramel Flavor, Natural Creme Flavor, Rooibos
Caramel, Maple, Maple Syrup, Marzipan, Nutty, Toffee
Edit tea info Last updated by lolainred

• “I was going to drink Draught of Peace, but I ended up spilling half of the tin on the desk and floor of my office. So instead I'm drinking this one. Lots of caramel flavor. LOTS. It's good. The...” Read full tasting note
    sencha23 107 tasting notes
  • “Sipdown (152/159)! Cold brewed the whole sample from *Dexter* in the hopes that _maybe just maybe_ I'd not be sick by the time it was ready. Twas not the case though, even after giving this one a...” Read full tasting note
    roswellstrange 2265 tasting notes
  • “Thank you *Nattie* for yet another Harry Potter potion. This one is alright. It has a nice caramel flavor, albeit an artificial caramel. Once again nothing special but definitely pleasant enough...” Read full tasting note
    rachel12610 2068 tasting notes
  • “I am trying to sipdown these Harry Potter fandom teas. I really wish they weren't all black teas, as I'm not terribly fond of flavored black teas. This one smells just like the top of a nice...” Read full tasting note
    lolainred 127 tasting notes

From Custom-Adagio Teas

created by: Robert Pirlot

Treacle tart is a traditional English dessert. It is made using shortcrust pastry, with a filling made out of golden syrup. Treacle tart is a popular dessert in the UK. It has become somewhat of a curiosity in other countries due to its frequent mention in the Harry Potter books. Treacle tart is in fact, Harry’s favorite dessert.

Ingredients: caramel, rooibos caramel, cream

About Custom-Adagio Teas View company

I was going to drink Draught of Peace, but I ended up spilling half of the tin on the desk and floor of my office. So instead I’m drinking this one.

Lots of caramel flavor. LOTS. It’s good. The rooibos is a nice touch in this, I really like black tea and rooibos mixed together.

Sipdown (152/159)!

Cold brewed the whole sample from Dexter in the hopes that maybe just maybe I’d not be sick by the time it was ready. Twas not the case though, even after giving this one a very extended 24 hour steep in the fridge. Honestly, it wasn’t bad at all though.

It reminded me of cold brewed Oh Canada! from DT in that it was a really thick, rich maple flavour to it – but this one was better because on top of the maple was a nice gooey caramel flavour, some faint black tea taste, and almost a marzipan sweet nuttyness. I’d love to try this one again hot or as a latte – or better yet as a cold brew when I’m actually not sick.

I was really impressed on the whole, though! Maybe because my expectiations were very low. And I feel like this one passes for what it’s named after pretty well too. Gotta give props for that because I haven’t found a lot of these potion blends to be too fitting in that regard.

Flavors: Caramel, Maple, Maple Syrup, Marzipan, Nutty, Toffee

2068 tasting notes

Thank you Nattie for yet another Harry Potter potion. This one is alright. It has a nice caramel flavor, albeit an artificial caramel. Once again nothing special but definitely pleasant enough to sip on. This is not one I need to own but as a Harry Potter fan, it is one I am happy to have tried.

I am trying to sipdown these Harry Potter fandom teas. I really wish they weren’t all black teas, as I’m not terribly fond of flavored black teas.

This one smells just like the top of a nice creme brule. All burn sugar and subtle cream. I wish it tasted as good as it smells, but to me it was lacking the roundness that I was hoping for.

I’m giving it the benefit of the doubt that maybe my allergy ridden self isn’t experiencing the full flavor since I can only really breathe/smell out of one side of my nose. I’ll reserve rating this one until I’ve given it a few more tries.

Lots of burnt sugar and caramel flavors here, with a lot of depth to the cup. The caramel just gets deeper and richer as the cup cools. There’s a touch of a creaminess of the mouthfeel.

The rooibos adds a bit of woodsiness that, while I don’t care for it, it doesn’t seem to be present in each sip. It almost seems to disappear completely as the cup cools.

This is a really decadent and desserty cup.

I thought this tea was fantastic for the first few cups. However, after a while I started to taste a weird flavor in the background which I don’t care for. This blend is amazingly caramel-y and sweet. It has a slight burnt-sugary taste as well. I think the ‘burnt’ part might be the part I dislike.