Dark Bittersweet, Dark Chocolate, Raspberry
Edit tea info Last updated by kyoulove

• “I just found pumpkin spice M&Ms and waffles today! The verdict on the chocolate is a definite yum! It was a bit chocolate overdose with this, but still worth it. I feel the same about this as last...” Read full tasting note
    Tamm 537 tasting notes
  • “Sipdown (144/151)! Thank you *Dexter* for the sample! This one is definitely interesting. I wonder how the blender decided on the flavours for this one given that Veritaserum is supposed to have...” Read full tasting note
    roswellstrange 1811 tasting notes
  • “This is another of the samples from the Harry Potter customs I wanted to try, so *Dexter* sent me this and a few others. I can taste the raspberry and a little chocolate, but not much of anything...” Read full tasting note
    heathermartin 599 tasting notes
  • “Sipdown!! (170) Yet another Harry Potter blend from who other than *Nattie*. I am definitely getting chocolate and raspberry and I like it but it is not what I was expecting. For some reason I...” Read full tasting note
    rachel12610 1881 tasting notes

From Custom-Adagio Teas

Veritaserum is clear, colourless, and odourless and is almost indistinguishable from water. The potion must mature for a full lunar phase, and is quite difficult to produce. It can be mixed with any drink, and three drops are a sufficient dose to make the drinker ‘spill out his innermost secrets’. Thus, the potion forces the drinker to tell the complete truth to any question asked to him/her.

blended with black tea, natural raspberry flavor, raspberries, raspberry leaves, natural chocolate flavor, dark chocolate chips, cocoa nibs, natural hazelnut flavor

teas: raspberry, chocolate chip, hazelnut

accented with raspberry leaves, rose hips and chocolate chips
I actually based this mix off of Harry Potter and the Sorcerer’s Stone/ Philosopher’s Stone On Harry Potter’s first visit to Diagon Alley, Rubeus Hagrid presented him with a large ice cream (chocolate and raspberry with chopped nuts)

created by: Robert Pirlot

About Custom-Adagio Teas View company

I just found pumpkin spice M&Ms and waffles today! The verdict on the chocolate is a definite yum! It was a bit chocolate overdose with this, but still worth it. I feel the same about this as last time. So basically, careful on temp/steep times or else it’ll be bitter, some chocolate, berry, and nut notes. Really great tea for mid afternoon or as an after diner treat if you don’t feel like eating something heavy!

Sipdown (144/151)!

Thank you Dexter for the sample! This one is definitely interesting. I wonder how the blender decided on the flavours for this one given that Veritaserum is supposed to have no flavour or smell?

I actually taste the raspberry in this very clearly which says a lot to me because with Adagio blends I find that a fair amount of the time the flavours are muddled because of lots going on with the blends. As for the other flavours in this, I think the black base is very heavy, bold, and brisk and as for the chocolate it’s definitely more of a dark chocolate with a bit of bitterness to it. I really don’t mind the bitterness though because it’s definitely more something I’m associating with the chocolate than oversteeping the tea or anything like that.

On the whole, this wasn’t so bad and I really did like that rich raspberry flavour (with the bitter dark chocolate it was almost like a raspberry truffle). Would I order it? No – but I’d absolutely drink it again if I had the chance.

Yeah, definitely not what I’d have expected for this particular magic potion but it was ok!

Flavors: Dark Bittersweet, Dark Chocolate, Raspberry

This is another of the samples from the Harry Potter customs I wanted to try, so Dexter sent me this and a few others. I can taste the raspberry and a little chocolate, but not much of anything else. It’s a pleasant enough tea, but not something I’d want to buy, to be honest. I am glad I had the chance to try it though. I have enough for one more cup.

Dexter

The best part of swapping – being able to try teas before you buy. You either fall in love and HAVE TO HAVE more, or you cross it off the list and be glad you didn’t waste money on it. Either way I am happy to share. :))

Amariel

Yup! Thanks!

Sipdown!! (170)

Yet another Harry Potter blend from who other than Nattie. I am definitely getting chocolate and raspberry and I like it but it is not what I was expecting. For some reason I anticipated a strong mint taste (I think the green on the label?) so I was quite surprised. That doesn’t mean it isn’t good however I am not saddened to see it go as this just seems sort of flat. Nonetheless I am really grateful for the chance to have tasted it.

I brought the whole box of Harry Potter themed teas from Adagio to work today to let everyone try out whichever one they wanted… it was quite a hit. I think I caused an early morning commotion!

I decided I’d try this one since for some reason I was convinced that the Elixir of Life tea from this collection has chocolate in it… it doesn’t. But because of that I was craving a chocolate tea. This one definitely hit the spot.

It is by no means overwhelmingly chocolate, which I love about it, and I actually think I over steeped it because it got slightly bitter on me. Turns out that’s not really a bad thing, especially for someone who likes dark chocolate anyways. It ended up tasting like a liquid form of a dark chocolate raspberry bar. Yes please!

This is pretty tasty. The raspberry flavor seems to be better than the normal Adagio raspberry, and I’m not sure if that’s because of the addition of the raspberry leaves, or perhaps the rose hips lift the flavor, or because it’s tempered by the hazelnut and chocolate flavors. But it seems more juicy and natural.

The chocolate flavor doesn’t come through as strongly as I have feared (because let’s be honest, Adagio’s chocolate flavors aren’t the best), but add kind of a subtle milk chocolate layer that hides behind the roasty hazelnut.

I think this is the first chocolate-raspberry combination I’ve had made from Adagio teas and really liked (Ripe for Romance was a little lackluster and plastic-y).

I’m so, so excited that Shadowfall was awesome enough to pick this sampler up for me. I’ve quite liked the three I’ve tried so far. People on Steepster are so amazing.

Boiling 2 min, 45 sec 1 tsp 8 OZ / 236 ML