Black Rooibos Blend
Spices
Edit tea info Last updated by kyoulove
Boiling 4 min, 0 sec 20 oz / 600 ml

• “I didn't even realize this one had rooibos until I went to record my note. Yes! This one is pretty tasty, nothing I need to keep around, but my one cup is enjoyable. The chai like spices aren't...” Read full tasting note
    Courtney 701 tasting notes
  • “Sipdown (134/141)! This is officially the last of the Magic Potion teas that *Dexter* so kindly and thoughtfully sent to me. And although I didn't delibretly put this one off for last, I guess it...” Read full tasting note
    roswellstrange 2279 tasting notes
  • “While I am admittedly not a Harry Potter fan (in the slightest) my husband is and he has been re-reading the books again. So for our tea tonight I chose this blend which came from the return of the...” Read full tasting note
    KittyLovesTea 1159 tasting notes
  • “Sipdown!! (184) The smell of cardamom in this was strong and immediately off putting for my tastes so I wasn't surprised when I took a sip and was overwhelmed by the cardamom flavor. No chocolate,...” Read full tasting note
    rachel12610 2080 tasting notes

From Custom-Adagio Teas

Why Brew for 21 days when you have instant polyjuice. Polyjuice Potion is a very complicated potion that allows the drinker to assume the form of someone else. WARNING cannot change into an Animal.

Ingredients: thai chai, chocolate chai, rooibos vanilla chai

created by: Robert Pirlot

About Custom-Adagio Teas View company

I didn’t even realize this one had rooibos until I went to record my note. Yes!

This one is pretty tasty, nothing I need to keep around, but my one cup is enjoyable. The chai like spices aren’t under- or overwhelming. There is a subtle hint of vanilla here too. Not at all what I was expecting from looking at the dry blend.

Thanks Dexter!

Sipdown (134/141)!

This is officially the last of the Magic Potion teas that Dexter so kindly and thoughtfully sent to me. And although I didn’t delibretly put this one off for last, I guess it kinda makes sense why I subconsciously chose the others over this one: it’s so freaking spice heavy! Damn Chai.

Yeah, I steeped it up and really as soon as the water hit the leaves I knew so much that I wouldn’t like this one, and damn was I right. It’s a mess. Really, it truly is.

It’s composed of three chai blends and between the three there’s just so much spice and then so much “extra stuff” that should be making each chai special that all that extra crap is too thinly stretched to even compare with the abundance of nasty spice. It was like a cup of hot, concentrated ginger/cinnamon vomit with a pinch of lemon grass. Everything else was really lost/muddled. Vanilla? Nope. Chocolate? Hell nah.

Just… Ew.

But I’ll give it some props: Polyjuice is supposed to be extremely complicated and disgusting tasting, and this blend met those qualities. So ten points to Gryffindor for the accuracy in that regard. It goes without saying this wasn’t for me though.

Happy it’s gone.

Flavors: Spices

mj

Ha! “10 points to Gryffindor for accuracy”

Lynxiebrat

Well it’s only supposed to be disgusting tasting if your drinking the ‘essence’ of someone evil. lol…Harry Potter geek too

Cheri

Yep, the 10 points made me laugh.

While I am admittedly not a Harry Potter fan (in the slightest) my husband is and he has been re-reading the books again. So for our tea tonight I chose this blend which came from the return of the EU TTB round 2, my husbands face lit up a little when I said the name of the blend. I’m after something nice to fuel me while I cross stitch. I’ve been getting into it again, it was something I did as a child and I even joined a sewing/craft club. Now I’m doing a huuuge castle to enter into a contest at my club in September, hopefully it will be done by then. Though I find tea drinking and sewing go together very well.
Here is the last two projects I finished this month:

Back to the tea – In raw state it smells like a sweet chai, particularly cardamom and cinnamon but rather fresh and crisp. Nice so far but no chocolate is present.

Once steeped the tea smells thickly like chocolate but in a pleasant way, however it does not fully mask the spicy chai behind it.

Flavour is not as thick as it smells though the chai is highly noticeable, again particularly cardamom and cinnamon. The chocolate is not very present but it does have a smoothness that shows it’s a chai with a difference. Perhaps flavour wise is more cocoa than chocolate but still it’s subtlety is pleasant enough. I have had chocolate chai before from Della Terra which is highly chocolatey in flavour, this is the polar opposite. It’s a nice blend and it’s theme was joyous (for my husband anyway) but the flavour is nothing past average. Good for a personal custom blend though, just too weak for me.

Boiling 4 min, 0 sec 3 tsp 20 OZ / 600 ML
Jennkay

Your projects are so cute! I used to be really into cross-stitching, too, but that was a while ago. Maybe I’ll take it up again :)

KittyLovesTea

You can always give it another go, I found it very easy to pick it up again after so long. There are no end of beautiful tea related patterns now a days, much more than when I was younger. :)

2080 tasting notes

Sipdown!! (184)

The smell of cardamom in this was strong and immediately off putting for my tastes so I wasn’t surprised when I took a sip and was overwhelmed by the cardamom flavor. No chocolate, no vanilla, just cardamom. With some milk, subtle notes of chocolate and vanilla emerge but the cardamom is still the most present and thus it is just not for me, though others who enjoy chai teas might be a fan. Nonetheless I want to say thank you to the awesome Nattie for being so generous and giving me the opportunity to try all the Harry Potter potions!

dexter sent this one my way and i’m glad she did. I actually rather enjoyed this one and would consider picking up more of it in future if the opportunity presented itself. It’s more of a fall kinda tea for me though, given that it[‘s a blend of chai’s. However, unlike a lot of adagio teas, there is actually life in this tea rather than that same underlying “taste” that many adagio teas have. thanks dex!