Draught of Peace

Black Fruit Blend
Apple Pieces, Apricot Flavour, Apricot Pieces, Black Tea, Marigold Flowers, Natural Creme Flavor, Natural Vanilla Flavor
Cream, Strawberry, Vanilla
Edit tea info Last updated by lolainred
Boiling 5 min, 0 sec 8 oz / 236 ml

• “I'm thinking that most of the custom Adagio tea I have are just OK - and that's true of this one too. Not bad, not great just ok. I'm not getting much strawberry - more stone fruit (apricot),...” Read full tasting note
    Dexter 729 tasting notes
  • “Thanks to *Dexter* for sending some awesome Harry Potter tea samples my way. This one is pretty tasty, but ultimately too rich for me. The creaminess seems subtle at first, and really sneaks up to...” Read full tasting note
    Courtney 689 tasting notes
  • “Sipdown (149/155)! Thank you *Dexter* for the sample! I decided I'd cold brew one of these guys for work to get in an easy sipdown but I didn't have my laptop on hand so I picked based on what I...” Read full tasting note
    roswellstrange 1991 tasting notes
  • “This is one of the Harry Potter teas I requested from *Dexter* and while I like it, I don't find it is amazing. It's just nice, pleasant, non-offensive, etc. I can't really make out that much of...” Read full tasting note
    heathermartin 607 tasting notes

From Custom-Adagio Teas

The Draught of Peace is a potion which relieves anxiety and agitation. Its ingredients are powdered moonstone, syrup of hellebore, powdered porcupine quills, Valerian root, and powdered unicorn horn. It should be a turquoise blue when finished and simmered before being drunk. It is ironically a difficult potion to make, requiring that the brewer follow the directions carefully, because making a mistake can have drastic consequences. Adding too much of the ingredients, for instance, will put the drinker of the potion into a deep – and possibly irreversible – sleep.

Ingredients: apricot, cream, vanilla

created by: Robert Pirlot

About Custom-Adagio Teas View company

I’m thinking that most of the custom Adagio tea I have are just OK – and that’s true of this one too. Not bad, not great just ok.
I’m not getting much strawberry – more stone fruit (apricot), vanilla, cream.
I’m happy to have bought the set, and is fun to try the custom blends, the tins are so cute, but the tea is more of a novelty than great tea.

Thanks to Dexter for sending some awesome Harry Potter tea samples my way.

This one is pretty tasty, but ultimately too rich for me. The creaminess seems subtle at first, and really sneaks up to create the richness in addition to the apricot here. However, a real upside is that the black base I’m not a fan of from Adagio isn’t really all that offensive or noticeable.

Thanks Dexter!

1991 tasting notes

Sipdown (149/155)!

Thank you Dexter for the sample! I decided I’d cold brew one of these guys for work to get in an easy sipdown but I didn’t have my laptop on hand so I picked based on what I thought they were flavoured using smell as a reference. This one smelled fruity and a lot of the others had mint or spice smells to them so this was the front runner.

So keep in mind I had no clue what was actually in this one but taste wise when I was drinking this I got strawberries and cream, and maybe raspberries. Well, apparently this one does have a strong cream element in it but the fruit is apricot. Huh. I guess maybe I see that? I think I’d definitely have to try it again to confirm that though.

As a “Strawberry” Cream tea I thought this was solidly good though; not great or mindblowing, but fun because of the fandom and not awful tasting. Not sure how I feel about it now that I know I was tasting apricot. I mean, it still tasted good but obviously it wasn’t distinctly apricot flavoured.

Flavors: Cream, Strawberry, Vanilla

This is one of the Harry Potter teas I requested from Dexter and while I like it, I don’t find it is amazing. It’s just nice, pleasant, non-offensive, etc. I can’t really make out that much of the individual flavours much. Maybe it will be better as a cold steep?

1938 tasting notes

Sipdown!! (188)

Thank you Nattie for sending some of this my way. It is nice but not something I would want a whole 3 oz of as the base is quite prominent. There is a hint of vanilla and a nice peach flavor as well but nothing particularly special. Still, I am grateful for the chance to try it!

Decided to give this one a try iced and sweetened. It turned out great. Definitely has some strong flavor. I taste more apricot than anything… though it does taste slightly more like peach than apricot to me, but there is definitely a creamy vanilla quality to this tea.

Definitely don’t think I’d like this one hot and unsweetened, but it’s a nice sweet ice tea. I’d drink it again.

I do have to say though that this blend confuses the crap out of me… i mean given it’s name and its purpose in the harry potter universe you’d think it would be an caffeine-free tea or decaf at the least. None of these flavors have anything to do with the namesake potion.

Boiling 5 min, 0 sec 2 tsp 8 OZ / 236 ML

time to catch up on yesterdays teas! We went out last night to a friends for board games and didn’t get home until about 6 hours ago, so i had no time for tea notes :) Dexter sent this one to me as a surprise with a few other of the potions teas from Adagio. This one is labelled as apricot, cream and vanilla. Sadly, i was getting mostly a peach sort of flavour, which is most assuredly NOT apricot. All that being said though, it was a nice cup of peach vanilla tea, and while i’ve been “off” of most peach teas lately, this one didn’t trigger any “omg no no no no no peach!” feelings from me this round :) Thanks dexter!

Marzipan

Of course, tabletop day!

Funnily enough, we hadn’t even thought of that…but yes it occurred to us afterwards haha