Pumpkin Juice/Pumpkin Potion

Black Tea, Cardamom Pods, Cinnamon Bark, Cloves, Ginger Root, Marigold Flowers, Natural Caramel Flavor, Natural Vanilla Flavor
Caramel, Cinnamon
Edit tea info Last updated by lolainred
Boiling 3 min, 0 sec 10 oz / 300 ml

• “Sipdown (149/154)! This is the first "Magical Potion" tea I'm trying from all the samples that *Dexter* sent me! I would have been with making any of them in the timolino today but this was the...” Read full tasting note
    roswellstrange 2179 tasting notes
  • “Like most other pumpkin teas, this tastes like black base and pumpkin spices. No caramel to be found and nothing really special other than the name. Still, it is always fun to try something new so...” Read full tasting note
    rachel12610 2015 tasting notes
  • “I have came across so many 'pumpkin pie' etc. teas that have no pumpkin in them whatsoever and are actually just a blend of spices. I am soo happy that this one has real pumpkin flavour in it! Dry,...” Read full tasting note
    NatalieOgden 78 tasting notes

From Custom-Adagio Teas

Enroll in a School of Witchcraft and Wizardry, think magical thoughts and drink this.

Ingredients: pumpkin spice, apple, caramel

created by: Robert Pirlot

About Custom-Adagio Teas View company

Sipdown (149/154)!

This is the first “Magical Potion” tea I’m trying from all the samples that Dexter sent me! I would have been with making any of them in the timolino today but this was the first I grabbed from my sample drawer in the kitchen so it was the one I went with.

I tried to keep the steep time short; my experience with some Adagio blacks is that they go bitter quite quickly. I think this got just shy of a four minute steep, and I think that may have been pushing it because taste wise there was some noticeable bitterness to this. I also picked up on caramel notes, although they were not as smooth as I would have liked for them to be. Thankfully, I didn’t really notice any of the spices in this except for maybe the cinnamon and a little cardamom. I’m not really a Chai fan so I certainly didn’t miss tasting them.

You know what I did miss? Pumpkin. You’d think that a tea named “Pumpkin Juice” or whatever would at least have a little Pumpkin flavour, but nope! I was disappointed about the absence of it. I felt lied to.

So this one isn’t really for me; but I still feel like it was a lot of fun trying it and I think it’ll be a lot of fun to continue to try the other Magical Potion blends. Maybe I’ll watch one of the movies and drink a few of the teas to accompany. That could be a fun thing to do!

Flavors: Caramel, Cinnamon

VariaTEA

I also missed out on the pumpkin in this blend, though I did get notes of pumpkin spice which I find many teas think are a suitable substitute.

2015 tasting notes

Like most other pumpkin teas, this tastes like black base and pumpkin spices. No caramel to be found and nothing really special other than the name. Still, it is always fun to try something new so I am very grateful to Nattie for sending me this along with all other Harry Potter potion teas.

I have came across so many ‘pumpkin pie’ etc. teas that have no pumpkin in them whatsoever and are actually just a blend of spices. I am soo happy that this one has real pumpkin flavour in it! Dry, the tea smells good. Spicy, but not particularly pumpkin-y. After steeping for three minutes as per recommendations, this tea actually smells exactly like warm pumpkin punch! Absolutely no bitterness, just a smooth, buttery spices pumpkin taste which is just beautiful. Seriously. I didn’t think I would like this as much as I do, but I am definitely a fan! This is a bit of a late note, and I can’t quite remember exactly what it tasted like with different additives, but that just means I have an excuse to sit and drink it all day tomorrow in the name of a better review.
hehehe