Black Green Blend
Edit tea info Last updated by kyoulove

• “So I got this as a sample from the creator and I'm now down to my last mug of it. I'm not sure why I haven't put a tasting note down for it yet. Maybe because I hate being the first note, but with...” Read full tasting note
    Shadowfall 149 tasting notes
  • “this is a wackload of "meh" for me. It's not a bad tea but in the grand acheme of average adagio teas...there are others i'd take first. Appreciate the share though cavo!” Read full tasting note
    Silaena 4043 tasting notes
  • “This one isn't too bad - it's ceylon, and tiger eye, which I think adds a little caramel, and I can taste the cinnamon in it too. It's tasty - there's nothing wrong with it - but it's not quite...” Read full tasting note
    cavocorax 1404 tasting notes

From Custom-Adagio Teas

created by: Aun-Juli Riddle

Perilous and full of monsters, this dark tea will resonate within the deepest chamber and darkest cave. If you’re feeling adventurous, find your way to the nearest portal and take a step into darkness.

Ingredients: ceylon sonata, gunpowder, tiger eye; accented with cinammon

About Custom-Adagio Teas View company

So I got this as a sample from the creator and I’m now down to my last mug of it. I’m not sure why I haven’t put a tasting note down for it yet. Maybe because I hate being the first note, but with a custom blend like this, I’m not really surprised since Adagio in general doesn’t seem to be one of the more popular brands. So here goes.
This is one of those weird teas that I’m undecided on what I think about it. It’s not really a tea that I can say I like, but I also find myself craving it now and then.
Smell wise it’s vaguely cinnamon-y and green, but not green in the sense of being vegetal or grassy. It’s strange. Kinda smokey green? This is a horrible description but I’m at a loss for proper words. That’s my one disappointment when I’m reviewing. I can never seem to find the right words for what I’m tasting.
Taste wise it’s kinda smokey but not in a lapsang sort of campfire smoke. Just kinda midway between smokey and roasted but without the burnt edge of roasted and missing the beef jerky kind of edge of smokey.
Mild black tea taste but nothing overly notable. I don’t really get any sort of chocolate or caramel notes from the tiger eye aside from maybe a vague smooth/sweetness from it. And it’s vaguely nutty, which is a strange association to have since nothing in this tea should be nutty. It’s probly just in my head. XD

Overall this is kind of ‘Meh’ for me. It’s a nice tea to drink, but relatively unremarkable and unnoteworthy to me. Maybe if I was better able to write down how it tasted to me, this would be more helpful. I wish Adagio did smaller bags (like 1 oz or 1.5 oz) because I can’t see myself going through a full 3 oz of this, but I’d like to have it in my cupboard. /sigh/ If there were more teas in the Zelda sampler set I’d just get that, but that’s another issue entirely. And since I find myself rambling, I’ll go away now. LOL!

this is a wackload of “meh” for me. It’s not a bad tea but in the grand acheme of average adagio teas…there are others i’d take first. Appreciate the share though cavo!

This one isn’t too bad – it’s ceylon, and tiger eye, which I think adds a little caramel, and I can taste the cinnamon in it too. It’s tasty – there’s nothing wrong with it – but it’s not quite memorable either.

But I’m happy I tried it! And if I were in the Zelda fandom maybe I would appreciate it more!

Ok Sil- your turn! (Sipdown, 187)