Black Chai Blend
Cake, Cream, Round , Smooth, Spices, Sweet
Edit tea info Last updated by Kokabel
Boiling 3 min, 0 sec 12 oz / 355 ml

• “This was a ghetto prep – microwaved water and a metal strainer, steeped in my contigo traveling mug for 3 minutes while I got ready for work. I found this to be surprisingly pleasant, mild,...” Read full tasting note
    Kokabel 41 tasting notes
  • “Wow. I didn’t know what to expect going into this tea. I gave a glance at the ingredients and thought, "Hmm. Latte." And so I mixed it up as such. The tea’s aroma reminds me...” Read full tasting note
    Arshness 78 tasting notes
  • “Ouch. I seem to have woken up with a "book hangover." As in I stayed up until 2am finishing The Secret History and then couldn’t sleep because omg. I’m really hoping the...” Read full tasting note
    Tamm 541 tasting notes

From Custom-Adagio Teas

“Pirates only care about a small number of very specific things: the sea, strong drink, and booty. Both kinds.”

A dark black tea befitting a pirate queen. Subtle flavors of ripe orange, exotic spice, and decadent chocolate blend together with just a touch of luxurious cream. Orange at the front, with a chocolate and chai spice finish. Excellent with a touch of honey.

About Custom-Adagio Teas View company

I found this to be surprisingly pleasant, mild, and every time I took a sip surprised once again how pleasant this was. Very smooth, dark, and gently cocoa-y.

Wow. I didn’t know what to expect going into this tea. I gave a glance at the ingredients and thought, “Hmm. Latte.” And so I mixed it up as such.

The tea’s aroma reminds me of spice cake. It’s sweet and full of sweet spices. It smells DELICIOUS. Like I really want to eat a spice cake now. The taste is just as good. A medley of sweet spice mixed with a hint of something else. I can’t quite lay my finger on the other mingled tastes. It’s mostly a delightfully light chai with a particularly cake-y flavor. The aroma is so delightful I could just crawl inside it and live there. I seriously want a Rivaini candle now.

So, yes, I recommend and yes, I’m going to have to buy some of this tea. It will be the first fandom blend I purchase from Adagio because I MUST have it.

Flavors: Cake, Cream, Round , Smooth, Spices, Sweet

Boiling 3 min, 15 sec 1 tsp 8 OZ / 236 ML

Ouch. I seem to have woken up with a “book hangover.” As in I stayed up until 2am finishing The Secret History and then couldn’t sleep because omg. I’m really hoping the caffeine kick in this is enough to brighten me up a bit!
I really love the chocolate chai from Adagio, so it wasn’t too much of a stretch to assume that this would be pretty good. I couldn’t taste the chocolate as much as I was hoping. I’m not a big chocolate+orange person, but it is nice once in awhile. I’m not sure it needed the cream, but it isn’t unwelcome.

Boiling 3 min, 0 sec 2 tsp 16 OZ / 473 ML