Organic Peppermint Amour & Spearmint

Herbal Tea
Edit tea info Last updated by Ashley Bain

From Custom - DAVIDsTEA

Organic Peppermint Amour & Spearmint from David’s Tea. (peppermint and spearmint leaves)

About Custom - DAVIDsTEA View company

1 tsp peppermint, 1/2 tsp spearmint per 8 ounces.
Makes me feel so good!
Enjoying hot & sweetened, but it’s veryyy good iced. Especially with a bit of fresh tarragon.

205 °F / 96 °C 8 min or more
Maxime-Daniel Friðrikson

I like the mixture you’ve made.

Courtney sent me a bit of each of these, and I couldn’t decide which one I wanted more last night… so I mixed a little bit of spearmint in with the peppermint. It was amazing and delicious and soothing and I am a big fan.

I put some in the fridge, too, because I love mint water. Gah. I will be drinking this frequently.

Ok, I’m re-rating this and moving it downwards. It is far too easy to oversteep this tea and get a bitter, cloying mess.

I had a huge tin of this that I whittled down over the weekend while visiting my in-laws. I don’t know what it is about this blend (which I mixed myself from the peppermint and spearmint that I had in my cupboard), but this blend just doesn’t work. It smells nice, but the taste is really chemically and not that minty at all.

Anyways, I drank enough of this over the weekend that it’s now approaching sipdown status. When I empty the tin, my remaining spearmint (which I like a lot more) will go in, and my cupboard will be a place of happiness and light.

Just tried this blend, as the peppermint is one of my favourites and the spearmint, while it smells lovely, leaves an earthy “grass” taste in my mouth, which I don’t like. Steeped the combination for 4-5 minutes and it still tasted a bit off. Added 1 packet of sugar and its delicious!