Chocolate Chocolate Mint

Black Herbal Blend
Edit tea info Last updated by ashmanra
205 °F / 96 °C

1 Tasting Note View all

• “I was inspired to finally try mixing these in hopes of finding the perfect ratio. The Chocolate Mint tea was almost all mint, so I hoped that mixing with Chocolate would bring a bit of balance. I...” Read full tasting note
    ashmanra 1817 tasting notes

From Custom - Harney and Sons

A mixture of Harney and Sons Chocolate Tea and Chocolate Mint tea.

About Custom - Harney and Sons View company

1 Tasting Note

I was inspired to finally try mixing these in hopes of finding the perfect ratio. The Chocolate Mint tea was almost all mint, so I hoped that mixing with Chocolate would bring a bit of balance. I used 2 teaspoons of each in a 22 oz. Beehouse teapot. I thought I should add a bit extra of the Chocolate Mint since there is an abundance of mint leaves in there and I wanted to be sure to get a full measure of tea leaves as well as the mint leaves. I liked it well enough plain, and a friend who had a couple of cups with me (a coffee drinker absolutely new to tea) really liked it, only adding milk.

After it cooled a bit, I tried another cup with just milk, then tried it again with milk and sugar. With no additions, I don’t taste much chocolate, even though I have added Chocolate Tea. I guess the mint is overpowering it, though in the mixture the mint was cool and refreshing but not quite so strong as before. With milk, it mellowed a little, and with sugar, I think I began to taste a little more chocolate, but still not as much as in Florence. I may try again using 3 tsps. Chocolate/1 tsp. Chocolate Mint. Or I may even let jacquelineM inspire me and I will add chocolate syrup!

205 °F / 96 °C