Earl Grey Supreme - Rose Scented

Edit tea info Last updated by ashmanra

• “I tried ashmanra's blend to kind of replicate Rosey Earl Grey. The only thing I added were a few pearls of Jasmine Pearl tea. It is good, but I think the Rosy is slightly sweeter somehow. If I...” Read full tasting note
    SimplyJenW 956 tasting notes
  • “Since JacquelineM and a couple of other folks have mentioned Rosy Earl Grey recently, I got a hankering to do a wee experiment. I used three tsps. Earl Grey Supreme and one tsp. Rose Scented to 22...” Read full tasting note
    ashmanra 1769 tasting notes

From Custom - Harney and Sons

A mixture of Earl Grey Supreme and Rose Scented tea by Harney and Sons.

About Custom - Harney and Sons View company

I tried ashmanra’s blend to kind of replicate Rosey Earl Grey. The only thing I added were a few pearls of Jasmine Pearl tea. It is good, but I think the Rosy is slightly sweeter somehow. If I try this again, I will up the jasmine a little.

ashmanra

Is your jasmine pearl tea a black tea or green?

SimplyJenW

I got it at the Asian market. I am thinking it is green. Jasmine Dragon Pearl is what it was called.

ashmanra

I think that would be green. That sounds like a nice mix! I may have to try Harney’s jasmine tea now. Oh rats. More tea to order….

SimplyJenW

The Rosy Earl Grey does have jasmine in it…..What I made (1 tsp Rose Scented, 3 tsp Earl Grey Supreme, plus a little jasmine tea) was very close. Rosy Earl Grey dos have a ton of rose petals in it, so it does end up looking different. There is less black tea in the REG, too, as a result.

Since JacquelineM and a couple of other folks have mentioned Rosy Earl Grey recently, I got a hankering to do a wee experiment. I used three tsps. Earl Grey Supreme and one tsp. Rose Scented to 22 ounces of water in my Beehouse teapot. It was delicious! I tried it hot and sans additions first, then added sugar to some of the still hot tea and poured it over ice to try it as an iced tea. That would also very good! Now I am wondering what would happen if Florence and the rose got together, and I am thinking it might be a very good thing…

SimplyJenW

Oh, I definitely have to try this! And some of the other mixes with Rose Scented.

teatime traveler

This sounds gorgeous. Am interested in people’s favorite Rosy Earl Grey brands but this recipe sounds wonderful, too. I’m always into iced tea in the summer, wake up with it and it starts a humid day off right. Thanks!