Bubble Tea

Edit tea info Last updated by MegWesley

From Custom

A place for bubble tea to gather. Feel free to use this for any generic bubble tea that you don’t know what tea was used for it or how it might have been made.

About Custom View company

I splurged today and got a bubble tea from the mall when my fiance and I went. They had taro flavor and I had to try it. I am so glad I did! It was so delicious and I might have to get it again in a month or so. I’m not quite sure how to describe it and the only thing that I can come up with is bubble gum but not as sweet and not as gummy. It was really good though and I now know why that flavor is popular. Yum!

Emilie

I’ve had actual taro before, and wasn’t a fan, but your review really makes me want to try taro flavored things!

MegWesley

It was really delicious. They used a taro bubble tea powder so you might be able to find it online somewhere.

momo

If you can find taro frozen yogurt somewhere, try that! That’s my favorite way to have taro flavored things.

Indigobloom

taro always reminded me of oreo cookies! sooooo good

Since this is already here I shall use it for my magical tea.

From Sweet Hut: Jasmine Milk Green Tea with Honey Boba and Lychee Jelly.

I’ve created quite a floral drink! Normally I don’t stray from a coconut milk black tea but someone told me to try this one…I think. All I remembered was milk green tea and jelly. Well they have 3298752 jellies. I figured lychee would best match, and it does.

So good. Taking away all the problems I had driving home. Everyone sits in this left lane even though the right lane continues to exist for a good third of a mile. So I go in it if nobody else is there. Well the person first in the left lane, who has been slow the entire way accelerating after red lights decides they’re going to try to block me. Hilarious. I’m in a little car, they’re in an SUV…so guess who can go faster. And surprise, after I got over they were nowhere even near me. I really wanted to give them a Hot Fuzz “jog on” gesture :(

KeenTeaThyme

I “love” those people. I saw a great bumper sticker – “if I passed you in the right lane, you’re in the wrong one.” My bumper sticker idea is “Left Lane Squatters are dicks.” ;) Tea is GREAT as a stress reliever!

momo

The other day I used a straight up turn lane to pass someone. They live in my apartment complex LOL I still feel kind of bad but they were trying to purposely go slow because I turned right behind them. Not my fault, we’re blocking half of a main thoroughfare to turn right so TURN already!

LiberTEAS

I do love bubble tea. I haven’t had it in a long while, though. I usually grab one when I’m at the mall, but I haven’t been there in quite some time either!

Terri HarpLady

@Keen, I love that! Of course, I’m in kind of catty mood…

Despite being in the middle of nowhere, I made bubble tea! That’s right. My mom and I ordered boba and fruity powder mixes from nuts.com last year and they’ve been sitting around waiting to be used. Plus, we have a pineapple which ripened really weirdly, and doesn’t taste as flavourful as they can be. So why not make a fresh fruit bubble tea?

As a side note, I nearly added actual tea to this but refrained from it this time since I want to first see what this powder is like. Next time I’ll add a shot of tea.

So, this is what’s in there:

2 oz. mango fruit powder
Approx. 3/4 cup coconut milk
3 pineapple rings
Approx. 1/4 cup boba

Better than I thought! I’m impressed by the powder, as it doesn’t taste super artificial. Maybe it’s the texture of the pineapple that’s doing it, but it almost tastes like there is real mango in here. I barely taste the pineapple, though, but it doesn’t matter because it tastes great. Finally, I managed to cook the pearls perfectly.

There goes my calorie-counting for the day but oh well.

Ost

Ooo last year my younger bro and our friend were making boba all the time! XD We were obsessed. I haven’t been well enough to spend two hours making the perfect boba though, which sucks. I really need to try making more soon! What brand of boba did you get?

Fjellrev

Yum! Did you guys have any particular favourite flavours? I also got passionfruit powder and can’t wait to try it. I also bought the boba from nuts.com. Did you order your ingredients online or get them at an Asian supermarket?

This morning I had coffee, and there’s not really any place to brew tea in the area I work (no really, it’s a 5 minute walk to the filtered water and nice kettle), so I went for bubble tea.

Lemon “red” tea with lemon jelly.

Yummers. I usually get stuff 1/2 sweet when I get jelly or tapioca, as the additives tend to be rather sweet. I didn’t, but it’s still good. Super strong tea, fresh lemon juice, chewy lemon jelly, yay!

I need to find a recipe for the flavoured jellies so I can make them and add them to my iced teas at home. So good.

JustJames

i LOVE bubble tea…. tapioca balls included. everybody thinks i’m nuts. who doesn’t like a beverage that’s also a meal???

OMGsrsly

That’s the other reason I went and got it yesterday! It’s a lot of sugar, but I was hungry and needed caffeine. :) The fun part is I was making agarose gels in the lab, and I was eating agar jellies whenever I stepped out. Whee!

Back to the backlog! We pick up at the mall, right after my DT trip prior to seeing Hedda Gabler. My friend Robyn, who I went to the play with, had just arrived at the mall!

First things first we stopped at the food court because I was starving; and I loaded up on assorted food from the different places. I got a Veggie Poutine, Pumpkin Pie Blizzard, Pizza, and a Passion Fruit Bubble Tea. I’d never noticed the Asian restaurant (I can’t remember the name) in this mall had bubble tea; so I pounced on the chance to have some. Honestly, I wasn’t impressed at all though; the passion fruit flavour was spot on but it kept separating way too fast for me to drink it, and the “bubbles” were really mushy.

Nellie’s Bubble tea has spoiled me; I fear nothing will compare.

After the food court we did some shopping around the mall; I bought this cute wool sweater thing that I normally would have stayed away from (it’s from a store that typically does not sell clothing in my size/cuts that flatter my body type) but Robyn talked me into it, and then we went to the bigger clothing place that carries all the super fancy designer/big brand name fashion-y clothing and cried over the pretty things and expensive prices. I ended up buying this GORGEOUS but EXPENSIVE scarf with this detailed design over the whole thing of an ancient world map, in French. It is now easily the most expensive accessory I own.

After that, the play! It was at my city’s version of a Broadway theatre, and the majority of people there were definite theatre snobs (which I say in a mostly loving way). Very fancy, somewhat over the top dressy attire – and very not my “look”. I mean, I was wearing Cargo pants and a Spiderman hoodie. Still; I felt justified in being there and didn’t let their staring hinder my enjoyment one bit – especially since we had front row, dead center tickets! Cost a ton, but so worth it. It also helped knowing how in depth Robyn and I had both studied this play; and that we knew it inside and out, unlike probably most of the patrons. We were there for a reason.

Before the play started we enjoyed sipping fancy alcoholic beverages in the lobby with everyone else; ‘cause I guess that’s a thing you do at live theatre. They had a really cool featured drinks menu with selections inspired by the play; lots of German wines and mixed drinks inspired by the characters. We each got one that was Vodka, Pear Puree, and cranberry juice – it was very sweet, but delicious!

The acting was phenomenal, the set well done, and all in all it was a really, really perfect night and performance!

carol who

Sounds like a wonderful evening! What play did you see?

Roswell Strange

Hedda Gabler! :)

Jennkay

Man, now I want to have bubble tea and see a play!

OMGsrsly

That sounds like an awesome evening! Your new scarf sounds amazing, too. :)

I found a decent bubble tea place fairly close to me in Boston! Or maybe I’ve just been here so long that my standards have just lowered. Anyway, I got a roasted oolong milk tea that was pretty good. I also picked up a pitcher and some paper tea filters for more cold brewing. All in all, a pretty good afternoon!