Bubble Tea

Edit tea info Last updated by MegWesley

• “I splurged today and got a bubble tea from the mall when my fiance and I went. They had taro flavor and I had to try it. I am so glad I did! It was so delicious and I might have to get it again in...” Read full tasting note
    MegWesley 526 tasting notes
  • “Since this is already here I shall use it for my magical tea. From Sweet Hut: Jasmine Milk Green Tea with Honey Boba and Lychee Jelly. I've created quite a floral drink! Normally I don't...” Read full tasting note
    pandamanda 1199 tasting notes
  • “I've been too lazy to log the teas I've been drinking lately but not everyday do I grab a bubble tea. I had to go buy new toner after the union meeting (zzz...) and figured that since I was in the...” Read full tasting note
    fjellrev 770 tasting notes
  • “This morning I had coffee, and there's not really any place to brew tea in the area I work (no really, it's a 5 minute walk to the filtered water and nice kettle), so I went for bubble...” Read full tasting note
    OMGsrsly 1461 tasting notes

From Custom

A place for bubble tea to gather. Feel free to use this for any generic bubble tea that you don’t know what tea was used for it or how it might have been made.

About Custom View company

I splurged today and got a bubble tea from the mall when my fiance and I went. They had taro flavor and I had to try it. I am so glad I did! It was so delicious and I might have to get it again in a month or so. I’m not quite sure how to describe it and the only thing that I can come up with is bubble gum but not as sweet and not as gummy. It was really good though and I now know why that flavor is popular. Yum!

Emilie

I’ve had actual taro before, and wasn’t a fan, but your review really makes me want to try taro flavored things!

MegWesley

It was really delicious. They used a taro bubble tea powder so you might be able to find it online somewhere.

momo

If you can find taro frozen yogurt somewhere, try that! That’s my favorite way to have taro flavored things.

Indigobloom

taro always reminded me of oreo cookies! sooooo good

Since this is already here I shall use it for my magical tea.

From Sweet Hut: Jasmine Milk Green Tea with Honey Boba and Lychee Jelly.

I’ve created quite a floral drink! Normally I don’t stray from a coconut milk black tea but someone told me to try this one…I think. All I remembered was milk green tea and jelly. Well they have 3298752 jellies. I figured lychee would best match, and it does.

So good. Taking away all the problems I had driving home. Everyone sits in this left lane even though the right lane continues to exist for a good third of a mile. So I go in it if nobody else is there. Well the person first in the left lane, who has been slow the entire way accelerating after red lights decides they’re going to try to block me. Hilarious. I’m in a little car, they’re in an SUV…so guess who can go faster. And surprise, after I got over they were nowhere even near me. I really wanted to give them a Hot Fuzz “jog on” gesture :(

KeenTeaThyme

I “love” those people. I saw a great bumper sticker – “if I passed you in the right lane, you’re in the wrong one.” My bumper sticker idea is “Left Lane Squatters are dicks.” ;) Tea is GREAT as a stress reliever!

momo

The other day I used a straight up turn lane to pass someone. They live in my apartment complex LOL I still feel kind of bad but they were trying to purposely go slow because I turned right behind them. Not my fault, we’re blocking half of a main thoroughfare to turn right so TURN already!

LiberTEAS

I do love bubble tea. I haven’t had it in a long while, though. I usually grab one when I’m at the mall, but I haven’t been there in quite some time either!

Terri HarpLady

@Keen, I love that! Of course, I’m in kind of catty mood…

I’ve been too lazy to log the teas I’ve been drinking lately but not everyday do I grab a bubble tea. I had to go buy new toner after the union meeting (zzz…) and figured that since I was in the area, it’s Friday, and I need some excitement in my life, I skipped over to the nearby tea house and ordered one of their new flavours: chocolate banana. Crazy, right? I usually go for coconut or taro, or some random fruit, but chocolate banana sounded mightily intriguing. And it is!

It tastes more chocolatey than I had imagined. Almost like chocolate pudding, which makes sense since this tea house has other pudding flavours like strawberry pudding, which was a close second. This reminds me of Booster Juice’s funky monkey, only with more chocolate, plus tapioca pearls.

I promised myself that I will go to the library to work on my proposal revision today, so I’ll do that after I’m finished my bubble tea. Translation: I’m going to try to saviour this like crazy.

This morning I had coffee, and there’s not really any place to brew tea in the area I work (no really, it’s a 5 minute walk to the filtered water and nice kettle), so I went for bubble tea.

Lemon “red” tea with lemon jelly.

Yummers. I usually get stuff 1/2 sweet when I get jelly or tapioca, as the additives tend to be rather sweet. I didn’t, but it’s still good. Super strong tea, fresh lemon juice, chewy lemon jelly, yay!

I need to find a recipe for the flavoured jellies so I can make them and add them to my iced teas at home. So good.

JustJames

i LOVE bubble tea…. tapioca balls included. everybody thinks i’m nuts. who doesn’t like a beverage that’s also a meal???

OMGsrsly

That’s the other reason I went and got it yesterday! It’s a lot of sugar, but I was hungry and needed caffeine. :) The fun part is I was making agarose gels in the lab, and I was eating agar jellies whenever I stepped out. Whee!

1939 tasting notes

I ordered lunch from another new restaurant today called Nellie’s Kitchen (hooray for broadening my food horizons) because I realized the only things I had at home to cook called for milk, and I’m actually all out for the moment.

Today’s meal was relatively simple; Fries, Garlic Bread, French Toast w. Maple Syrup, Lemon Meringue Pie, and Honeydew Bubble Tea! It’s so cool that Skip The Dishes (the site I’ve been using) is partnered with so many restaurants in the city; I mean how else are you gonna order French Toast and Bubble Tea to your door?

I think, overall, the food from today was not as impressive as yesterdays which just seemed so fancy. There was nothing special about these restaurant fries or whatever. Although, the pie was really really good. It had the perfect crust and the meringue to lemon pie filling ratio was excellent.

But now on to the “tea portion”; the bubble tea. Firstly, they’ve got a lot of cool flavours to choose from; I had a hard time deciding on one. Here’s the options:

- Avacado
- Pineapple
- Strawberry
- Taro
- Watermelon

Like, c’mon! All the melon flavours!? And lychee and pineapple? You’re gonna kill me – thats’s basically like the summation of my favourite fruits less pears. Not fair. But eventually I settled on Honeydew because I figured it was maybe more uncommon than the others I was tempted by. It was really, really good! Definitely the best part of the meal by far.

The honeydew flavour was so strong and sweet – and the drink itself was frothy and icy and the perfect balance of thick ice and juicy liquid. Does that make sense? Yeah; I think it does. Also – my biggest problem with bubble tea is actually the “bubbles”. Usually I can’t get over the gross little gelatin balls but this one actually had little teeny tiny gelatin cubes in it, and unlike anything I’ve experienced in other bubble teas they were actually honeydew flavoured as well. They were still sorta gross, but much better than anything else I’ve ever had in bubble tea.

It’s a shame the rest of the meal was so mediocre; ‘cause I’d love to try the other flavours of bubble tea this restaurant serves but with the delivery fee it’s just so not cost effective to only order bubble tea and now a whole meal.

And now, I think it’s time for a power nap?

Mikumofu

Bubble tea is one of my guilty pleasures :) most places can leave out the bubbles or add something else if you request.

OMGsrsly

That all sounds SO awesome! I wonder what Vancouver has that’s similar…

I found a decent bubble tea place fairly close to me in Boston! Or maybe I’ve just been here so long that my standards have just lowered. Anyway, I got a roasted oolong milk tea that was pretty good. I also picked up a pitcher and some paper tea filters for more cold brewing. All in all, a pretty good afternoon!