Bubble Tea

Edit tea info Last updated by MegWesley

• “I splurged today and got a bubble tea from the mall when my fiance and I went. They had taro flavor and I had to try it. I am so glad I did! It was so delicious and I might have to get it again in...” Read full tasting note
    MegWesley 526 tasting notes
  • “Since this is already here I shall use it for my magical tea. From Sweet Hut: Jasmine Milk Green Tea with Honey Boba and Lychee Jelly. I've created quite a floral drink! Normally I don't...” Read full tasting note
    pandamanda 1195 tasting notes
  • “I've been too lazy to log the teas I've been drinking lately but not everyday do I grab a bubble tea. I had to go buy new toner after the union meeting (zzz...) and figured that since I was in the...” Read full tasting note
    fjellrev 757 tasting notes
  • “This morning I had coffee, and there's not really any place to brew tea in the area I work (no really, it's a 5 minute walk to the filtered water and nice kettle), so I went for bubble...” Read full tasting note
    OMGsrsly 1361 tasting notes

From Custom

A place for bubble tea to gather. Feel free to use this for any generic bubble tea that you don’t know what tea was used for it or how it might have been made.

About Custom View company

I splurged today and got a bubble tea from the mall when my fiance and I went. They had taro flavor and I had to try it. I am so glad I did! It was so delicious and I might have to get it again in a month or so. I’m not quite sure how to describe it and the only thing that I can come up with is bubble gum but not as sweet and not as gummy. It was really good though and I now know why that flavor is popular. Yum!

Emilie

I’ve had actual taro before, and wasn’t a fan, but your review really makes me want to try taro flavored things!

MegWesley

It was really delicious. They used a taro bubble tea powder so you might be able to find it online somewhere.

momo

If you can find taro frozen yogurt somewhere, try that! That’s my favorite way to have taro flavored things.

Indigobloom

taro always reminded me of oreo cookies! sooooo good

Since this is already here I shall use it for my magical tea.

From Sweet Hut: Jasmine Milk Green Tea with Honey Boba and Lychee Jelly.

I’ve created quite a floral drink! Normally I don’t stray from a coconut milk black tea but someone told me to try this one…I think. All I remembered was milk green tea and jelly. Well they have 3298752 jellies. I figured lychee would best match, and it does.

So good. Taking away all the problems I had driving home. Everyone sits in this left lane even though the right lane continues to exist for a good third of a mile. So I go in it if nobody else is there. Well the person first in the left lane, who has been slow the entire way accelerating after red lights decides they’re going to try to block me. Hilarious. I’m in a little car, they’re in an SUV…so guess who can go faster. And surprise, after I got over they were nowhere even near me. I really wanted to give them a Hot Fuzz “jog on” gesture :(

KeenTeaThyme

I “love” those people. I saw a great bumper sticker – “if I passed you in the right lane, you’re in the wrong one.” My bumper sticker idea is “Left Lane Squatters are dicks.” ;) Tea is GREAT as a stress reliever!

momo

The other day I used a straight up turn lane to pass someone. They live in my apartment complex LOL I still feel kind of bad but they were trying to purposely go slow because I turned right behind them. Not my fault, we’re blocking half of a main thoroughfare to turn right so TURN already!

LiberTEAS

I do love bubble tea. I haven’t had it in a long while, though. I usually grab one when I’m at the mall, but I haven’t been there in quite some time either!

Terri HarpLady

@Keen, I love that! Of course, I’m in kind of catty mood…

I’ve been too lazy to log the teas I’ve been drinking lately but not everyday do I grab a bubble tea. I had to go buy new toner after the union meeting (zzz…) and figured that since I was in the area, it’s Friday, and I need some excitement in my life, I skipped over to the nearby tea house and ordered one of their new flavours: chocolate banana. Crazy, right? I usually go for coconut or taro, or some random fruit, but chocolate banana sounded mightily intriguing. And it is!

It tastes more chocolatey than I had imagined. Almost like chocolate pudding, which makes sense since this tea house has other pudding flavours like strawberry pudding, which was a close second. This reminds me of Booster Juice’s funky monkey, only with more chocolate, plus tapioca pearls.

I promised myself that I will go to the library to work on my proposal revision today, so I’ll do that after I’m finished my bubble tea. Translation: I’m going to try to saviour this like crazy.

This morning I had coffee, and there’s not really any place to brew tea in the area I work (no really, it’s a 5 minute walk to the filtered water and nice kettle), so I went for bubble tea.

Lemon “red” tea with lemon jelly.

Yummers. I usually get stuff 1/2 sweet when I get jelly or tapioca, as the additives tend to be rather sweet. I didn’t, but it’s still good. Super strong tea, fresh lemon juice, chewy lemon jelly, yay!

I need to find a recipe for the flavoured jellies so I can make them and add them to my iced teas at home. So good.

JustJames

i LOVE bubble tea…. tapioca balls included. everybody thinks i’m nuts. who doesn’t like a beverage that’s also a meal???

OMGsrsly

That’s the other reason I went and got it yesterday! It’s a lot of sugar, but I was hungry and needed caffeine. :) The fun part is I was making agarose gels in the lab, and I was eating agar jellies whenever I stepped out. Whee!

I wasn’t really sure if “Bubble Tea” counted as tea and whether or not people logged it on Steepster regularly, but after a quick search I guess it does have a place so I might as well log what I had today.

In the mall I work at, there’s an Asian food restaurant (the name is escaping me – it’s not really a place I often eat) that sells bubble tea. They come in about 30 different flavours, and I’ve been curious about them since I started working there. I have had bubble tea in the past, but not often and I don’t really remember much of my experience having it other than I didn’t like the ‘bubbles’ (gelatin balls) themselves in the same way I liked the drink.

Today I had a lychee flavoured bubble tea. Lychee is one of my favourite flavours and this popped out of the list of choices for me; maybe that was because it was spelled incorrectly (‘lichee’), but still…

I really liked it initially: it was sweet and frosty. But, the more I drank the nastier it taste. It got TOO sweet and sugary, and I felt overwhelmed by the amount of flavour. Plus, the gelatin balls were disgusting and I couldn’t stand eating (drinking?) any of them. Eventually I just threw out the rest of my drink (about a third was left).

Maybe I’ll try a different flavour before I totally make my mind up, though. Anyway, since this is an amalgamation of teas under one heading I wont make an ‘official’ rating – but for the Lychee Bubble Tea I had today, I think I’d rate it somewhere between 45 to 55.

Jennkay

Aw, sorry you didn’t have such a good experience. I am addicted to bubble teas but I do find that many places make it too sweet. Some places offer the option of putting 1/2 or no sugar so you can taste more of the actual tea. I also had better luck with non-fruit flavored ones (plain black milk tea, genmaicha milk tea, etc). I hope you find one you like!

Cavocorax

If you don’t like the bubbles/pearls at the bottom, you can probably get it without – or get something else put in at the bottom. It’s an odd sensation drinking them – I didn’t like it at first, but I do know, although I understand why others don’t.

I like bubble tea, but I’m starting to get to the point where I agree with you about it being too sweet!

I found a decent bubble tea place fairly close to me in Boston! Or maybe I’ve just been here so long that my standards have just lowered. Anyway, I got a roasted oolong milk tea that was pretty good. I also picked up a pitcher and some paper tea filters for more cold brewing. All in all, a pretty good afternoon!