Matcha

Matcha Tea
Edit tea info Last updated by VegTea
175 °F / 79 °C

From Custom

Product description not available yet.

About Custom View company

Wow – first time tasting matcha I was completely surprised by the flavors. Grassy, vegatal… my first impression was honestly “ick!”. After a few sips though some great nuttiness came out. This has an incredible zing to it. I seriously felt kind of drugged or loopy.
I made a second one with milk to see if I could emphasize the nuttiness and it really did. I kind of like the matcha plain but I love it with milk. I think if I give it time I can get accustomed to having it plain.

175 °F / 79 °C
LiberTEAS

My very first impression of Matcha was also ick. That was years ago … it can be an acquired taste, it is not something that everyone immediately either likes or dislikes. It took me a few tastings (a couple of years apart even!) before I was able to actually say “Hey, I like matcha!” and mean it. I think this has a lot to do with a couple of things: one … our palate is always changing; and two, I’ve learned a lot more about how different teas requite different approaches to them. Not just in how they’re brewed but also how their appreciated.

BlueKittyMeow

That’s a great point. It reminds me of wine tasting… my fiance straight up will not drink white wines but has a great palate for reds. I like both but like you said, it’s a totally different approach. And fruit wines are another story entirely!
I have continued trying this since that tasting and I do think that I am beginning to learn what to appreciate about the matcha. :)

Another matcha limeade – a perfect pick-me-up for a summer afternoon.