Backyard Botanicals

Herbal Tea
Edit tea info Last updated by gmathis

• “Thought some of you might like to post to this generic category, something like the Chance Combinations that gets a fair amount of traffic. Feel free to edit the description as you see fit. In...” Read full tasting note
    gmathis 1692 tasting notes

From Custom

There’s quite a contingent of talented gardeners hanging out on Steepster. How about a category dedicated to the teas and tisanes you’ve grown in your own back yard?

About Custom View company

Feel free to edit the description as you see fit.

In this case, courtesy of k s and company, we’re enjoying homegrown chocolate mint. You’ll have to ask him for the particulars of the variety, but you better believe this is pleasant! Cold steeped a couple of teaspoons in the fridge on a hot afternoon. There is definitely something in the baseline of this tisane that has a Hershey bar aftertaste. So I ate a Hershey bar with it. It just had to be.

K S

It came in a white package with black letters and read chocolate mint. (I guess now a days it would be blue letters) Actually I got it at the local greenhouse this spring.

I have never tried this on its own. I always add it to something, usually puerh. However, the Hershey bar and this idea I must try. I always have a stash of Hershey dark chocolate bars around.

Glad you enjoyed it.

Terri HarpLady

I have some chocolate mint growing in my herb garden this year. I haven’t tried it yet, but it’s getting bushy enough now that I will have to start using it.