L'Oriental

Green Tea
Edit tea info Last updated by Anna

2 Images

• “In the bag, this is perfection - the most elegant, sumptuous fruitiness, ripe with peach and passionfruit. But steeped, it's so subtle it's silly - I'm going to refrain from rating this, and...” Read full tasting note
    annapocalyptic 300 tasting notes
  • “Well, so much for my smell accuracy ... this came to me by way of Lori in a little care package, so there was no package description to read. When I steeped and sniffed this morning, the first two...” Read full tasting note
    gmathis 1702 tasting notes
  • “I can agree with Lori's tasting notes. This tea is very light in flavor, the smell of the dry leaf mix is heavenly very soft like a potpourri smell but not like yucky potpourri like a peach...” Read full tasting note
    AngieL 111 tasting notes
  • “I love the green tea base to this tea! It's not the buttery vegetable type of green...it tastes more like my lovely Dragon well...or at least has similar notes. I haven't tried to find out what...” Read full tasting note
    Dragonwellluvr 558 tasting notes

From Dammann Freres

China Sencha green tea is blended with passion fruit, bush peach and wild strawberry flavours, and embellished with fruits pieces and flower petals to deliver a highly fragrant cup, smooth and fresh.
Recommended brewing time : 3 to 4 minutes

Richesse de senteurs dans ce mélange de thé vert Sencha de Chine mêlé aux arômes fruits de la passion, pêche de vigne et fraise des bois. Agrémenté de morceaux de fruits, parsemé de fleurs de bleuet multicolore il offre une dégustation aux nuances fraîches et veloutées.

About Dammann Freres View company

In the bag, this is perfection – the most elegant, sumptuous fruitiness, ripe with peach and passionfruit.

But steeped, it’s so subtle it’s silly – I’m going to refrain from rating this, and will henceforth follow Dinosara’s advice and steep these DF teas much hotter.

Seriously, peach, where did you go? We had a date.

[From my epic Instant-Thé order to Rome, October 2013.]

Well, so much for my smell accuracy … this came to me by way of Lori in a little care package, so there was no package description to read. When I steeped and sniffed this morning, the first two flavor words that came to mind were “darjeeling” and “pineapple.”

Not even close, according to the manufacturer description—green with strawberry, passionfruit, peach. But it’s a beautiful gold color and light and fruity. Something that would definitely fit a Mother’s Day high tea in the garden with gloves and feather boas.

Lori

There was barely any on the tin and certainly no steeping instructions. It is definitely a light and pleasant tea…

gmathis

With pinkies extended … not that I am NEARLY that refined!

S

Mmm, that sounds so yummy :) The description reminds me of a tea I tried which has strawberry, pineapple, and papaya with green and black tea, which I liked a lot—I should order some of this!

gmathis

Lori recommended a 3-minute steep and it was about right.

I can agree with Lori’s tasting notes. This tea is very light in flavor, the smell of the dry leaf mix is heavenly very soft like a potpourri smell but not like yucky potpourri like a peach potpourri. Which makes since because the ingredients read green tea, passion fruit, bush peach and wild strawberry, pineapple bits and cornflower petals. It’s quite beautiful to look at. The taste is mildly astringent and while I do pick up on the fruit I think I mostly pick up on the peach and passionfruit I will have to try making this a few more times to see if I pick up on the pineapple which is what I really want to taste in here. Not bad wouldn’t buy the again but I don’t totally hate it. I LOVE the tin though:)

Lori

I think I liked this tea more than you did.. I didn’t feel like it tasted too astringent..However, it was very difficult to discern individual fruit flavors in this tea. They just meld together to to taste “tropical”.

I love the green tea base to this tea! It’s not the buttery vegetable type of green…it tastes more like my lovely Dragon well…or at least has similar notes. I haven’t tried to find out what exactly this base is, so I could be way off, I just know that I like these leaves. The flavor of peach doesn’t really come through for me, but the passionfruit, whoa the passionfruit aroma is definitely there, and a bit in the after taste. This is a quite pleasant cup. I think I’ll brew up another cup, and possibly a small pitcher of iced for tomorrow. Thank you soccermom for sharing this with me!

I can clearly see all of the ingredients. Dry it smells like passionfruit and green tea. I steeped it up. This tastes like passionfruit with abit of peach and green tea. This is good not too tart but natural tasting and the green tea is not hitting me too strongly luckily.

Lori

This is one tea that I enjoy.

I drank this at a friend’s place. I chose it by default, as he offered me mainly Christmas spice-laden teas, totally right for the season but usually not so to my taste. I must confess I was not overly enthusiastic at first, at the idea of drinking a flavored green, as I often am wary of the green teas bitterness.
The smell was delightful, very tart and fruity. I had a cold so could not really recognize the different fruits among the flavors.
I would definitely drink it again, though I’m still unsure whether I’m ready to buy a flavored green and whether this one would be it.

This is a high quality, smooth and delightful green tea. Overall, it is a mild tropical flavor but this is not a one-note flavor. No single flavor predominates but each of the added flavors come together in a light manner… A highly enjoyable tea that will be perfect when the weather warms……