The Des Riads

Green Tea
Edit tea info Last updated by LiberTEAS

• “Thank you *Doulton!* The aroma of this tea is very inviting. The strong citrus fruit fragrance mingles with a soft yet fresh grassy scent of green tea, with hints of spice and flower lingering...” Read full tasting note
    LiberTEAS 4641 tasting notes
  • “Hm. This is a perfectly nice tea, with absolutely nothing 'wrong' with it. It's not bitter at all (except for that 'not actually bitter' spice and grapefruit bitterness), it has a perfectly nice...” Read full tasting note
    marinatvs 74 tasting notes

From Dammann Freres

An anonymous door is opened to enter the back of the dead- end to the heart of Medina. This tea is the welcoming road, like the murmuring of a fountain and the freshness of an orange tree: that is the magic of the Moroccans of Riad with its subtle assembly to the green Yunnan and its taste of cinnamon, cardamom, sweet lemon and grapefruit. Hot pepper, orange peel and peony flowers complete the evocation of these secret Moroccan gardens. The flavour of a lost paradise.
Recommended brewing time : 3 to 4 minutes

About Dammann Freres View company

Thank you Doulton!

The aroma of this tea is very inviting. The strong citrus fruit fragrance mingles with a soft yet fresh grassy scent of green tea, with hints of spice and flower lingering in the background. It’s positively lovely!

The flavor is quite nice, as well.

The citrus flavors are strongest. The grassy notes of the Yunnan green tea are slight but very fresh tasting. I wish that the spices in this blend were a bit more pronounced. The peppery notes do come out to play in the finish, though, but this tea is not nearly as spicy as the description might lead one to believe.

Overall, though, it’s a very pleasant tasting tea.

LiberTEAS

I think I like the second infusion of these leaves better than the first. The flavors seem more pronounced, I can really taste the different citrus notes now. Very nice.

Hm. This is a perfectly nice tea, with absolutely nothing ‘wrong’ with it. It’s not bitter at all (except for that ‘not actually bitter’ spice and grapefruit bitterness), it has a perfectly nice and pretty complex taste (some sweetness, some ‘bitterness’, some slight citrus-iness), but I just have other teas that fall into the same tea category (for me, at least) and that I like better.

Specifically, The des deux chinois (Dammann again), which I’m becoming increasingly fond of. Also Everglad (again Dammann), which is a lovely grapefruit tea without much else in the way. Then there’s Mousson sur Hanoi (and again Dammann – sensing a theme here), which has no ingredients in common, but does have a similar kind of green tea + non-bitter bitterness thing going for it, and is utterly lovely and unique. So, sorry Riads, I think I’ve found teas I just like better than you. But I’ll happily sip you down.

By the way, I’m sure that there must be a better word for the non-bitter bitterness that I keep mentioning. I have no clue what it is, though.