Noël en Provence

Earth, Fig, Jam, Strawberry, Sweet, Honey
Edit tea info Last updated by Cameron B.

• “Merry Christmas! Or something. It was snowing today, does that count? This marks the start of a long line of Dammann teas that I ordered through Instant-Thé in 50g quantities. What a great way to...” Read full tasting note
    dinosara 2185 tasting notes
  • “thank goodness the lavander in this is almost non existant. i was a little worried but shouldn’t have been. This is a delightful strawberry, fig tea. It reminds me a lot of strawbery jam...” Read full tasting note
    Silaena 8155 tasting notes
  • “Day 16! I quite like rooibos de Provence, so I was expecting this one to be similar, but it isn’t really. In saying that, every company, I am sure, will have a slightly different blend. This...” Read full tasting note
    Lala1 871 tasting notes
  • “I have no idea what # of sipdown I’m on, but this is another one from the *Sil*box. This is a juicy jammy cup of fruitiness, with a building tartness. I was a little worried about the...” Read full tasting note
    terri-harplady 3254 tasting notes

From Dammann Freres

“Noël en Provence” flavored black tea

A blend of black teas mixed with fig, strawberry, and creamy honey flavours, finished with flower petals to exhibit hedonistic savours from Provence.

Brewing time: 4 to 5 minutes

About Dammann Freres View company

Merry Christmas! Or something. It was snowing today, does that count?

This marks the start of a long line of Dammann teas that I ordered through Instant-Thé in 50g quantities. What a great way to try a ton of DF teas and decide which ones are reorders for me. Although I do enjoy this one a lot, I don’t think it’s a reorder. Mainly because I like it for it’s figginess, and I have others that I love more for their figginess. But this is a lovely fig-berry jam flavor, with a hint of florals. I do appreciate that the lavendar isn’t overwhelming.

Boiling 3 min, 0 sec 2 tsp 12 OZ / 354 ML
TheTeaFairy

Yes it counts…merry christmas to you also…sigh. (Yes, it snowed here too!!)

Stephanie

The snow was so weird…kinda neat looking on blooming daffodils though, and it’s gone now!

thank goodness the lavander in this is almost non existant. i was a little worried but shouldn’t have been. This is a delightful strawberry, fig tea. It reminds me a lot of strawbery jam – real strawberry jam with that mouthful of deliciousness you get when you lick the spoon. mmmm glad i have enough for another cup of this later!

Day 16!

This one is definitely a more smokey tea base, the smoke is subtle but present. I feel that this black base is a bit more bold than some of the other Dammann teas I have tried but it is not bitter or astringent or overpowering. I am getting notes of ripe strawberries and the cornflower petals. Not so much fig but the liquor feels quite thick and I equate that with how a fig tastes. It tastes and feels creamy as well. I do not get any lavender at all. Which is ok becuase I am not a huge lavender fan but I would have liked just a bit more lavender flavour for the Provence feel. There was a taste I was having a hard time putting a name to, but after reading the description, it is the honey.

I have no idea what # of sipdown I’m on, but this is another one from the *Sil*box. This is a juicy jammy cup of fruitiness, with a building tartness. I was a little worried about the lavender, & although it’s there, it’s pretty mild.

Another very appreciative THANK YOU to Doulton for making this tasting possible!

One thing about these teas from Dammann Freres – at least the ones I’ve had so far – they all smell amazing! This one is no exception. The dry leaf possesses a very fruity aroma, yum! I can smell the strawberry and the fig! I can also smell subtle hints of the lavender.

But… the brewed liquor smells even better! It doesn’t happen as often as I’d like it to, where the brewed tea smells as good or even better than the dry leaf. It’s so nice when I happen onto an exception!

The taste – lavender is much more pronounced in the flavor than it is in the aroma. The black tea base is very pleasant – smooth, brisk, and pleasantly astringent. The strawberry and lavender together creates a very unusual – but enjoyable – flavor. The fig is also very nice. Not particularly strong but it is delicious.

So far, this is my favorite tea that I’ve tasted from Dammann Freres!

TeaEqualsBliss

Dammann Freres! I think I have only tried 1 from them…then again…maybe not…lol…it may have been someone else…

I am continuing tasting my new Dammann Frères teas.

I have been very curious about this one since a long time, mainly because of the mix of provencal flowers and a typical fruit from mediteranean areas : fig.
I am a sucker too for teas containing honey and this is the case of this one.

The dry leaves smell honey and fig mainly and are really beautiful with the blue flowers (cornflower mainly and a little lavender) and yellow flowers (sunflower)

I am not disapointed at all : the flavours come so lovely on the very smooth and mellow tea base : honey for sure and fig on the top, strawberry comes on a supportive but really present role.

I was a little afraid to find an heavy lavender essential oil taste but it isn’t the case, the lavender taste is quite absent, I suspect DF only added some flowers to the blend and that’s it.It is perfect to me but if you are looking for a lavender tea, you may be a little disapointed.

Cooling, it becomes even sweeter and smoothier.

This is another delightful DF tea from the Doulton order….

As Liberteas mentioned in her notes, the dried and brewed tea are both fragrant. And like most flavored French teas, these make a wonderful afternoon treat especially with a dash of sugar and milk. With a combination of honey, strawberry, fig, and lavendar, who could resist this perfumed concoction? I primarily tasted strawberry and honey and fig. The lavendar was hardly detectable. But as with most French blends, no flavor stands out strongly but seem to blend in magical ways….

This was the last tea with a description that sounds intriguing on the back of the advent calendar. I enjoyed the experience of the calendar and the chance to explore a new brand of tea, but I do wish they had put more of their regular or best seller teas instead of special holiday blends full of varying degrees of citrus.
This has the scent of a nice black base. At first it seemed cherry scented, but now I think I can pick out fig instead if I work really hard at it. A few sips in and the individual flavors just fade and I get a nice but indistinguishable cup. Nice but unimpressive.

yes, glad the lavender is barely there. i’m not a lavender person but this tea is yummy.
lesson learned! happily.

Advent Calendar Day Seventeen

Yes, Fig and Strawberry! A pairing I know very well.

So, there are two fig/strawberry things that I buy grocery wise that I absolutely NEED in my life because I will consume them on just about everything. The first is a Fig/Strawberry balsamic reduction which is my go to sauce/dressing and the other is a fig/strawberry balsamic chevre. So obviously I like fig and strawberry things; though it’ll be interesting to see how this fairs given it’s missing the balsamic component which is present in both my fig/strawberry foods…

Fig? Check!

Actually, the fig in this one is really familiar but unlike the frustrating Apple Ale white tea I had earlier today from Q2T I actually know why this is familiar. It’s familiar because it tastes exactly like the fig notes in Dammann Freres’ Fig Fraiche blend. So no surprises here: it’s smooth and well defined, as it should be.

Strawberry? Also check!

This one is bright and fruity, and it tastes a lot like the kind of strawberries you’d eat out of your grandmother’s garden – which is to say there’s an unrefined quality, and a bit of extra tartness/zippyness to them.

The pairing is, of course, delicious. As I expected it to be. But wait, there’s more folks…

Creamed Honey!? Extra check!

So, I definitely knew this flavour was supposed to be in the blend – but I was so caught up on the strawberry and fig that I really wasn’t looking for it. As well, honey is a flavour in tea which often merges with fruit notes/the other ingredients and then just comes off as extra sweetness. However, this is REALLY pronounced and well defined. It tastes like honey, and a lot of it at that. To me that doesn’t mean it’s cloying or over the top; it’s just super clearly there. More than the fig, if I’m being honest.

I REALLY loved and enjoyed this one! Definitely one I’d pick up for myself in future orders.