Noël à Vienne

Edit tea info Last updated by Cameron B.

2 Images

• “Day 19! I think it is ok to say I was not a fan of this one. It is not a bad blend, but I am just finding the tastes are not working for me. There is definitely a really strong smokey black...” Read full tasting note
    Lala1 806 tasting notes
  • “Advent calendar, day 19 (though I'm having it today because I got mixed up.) Another Christmas tea! These are so fun. I like imagining the different cities and why they picked the flavors they...” Read full tasting note
    kellyhinton 828 tasting notes
  • “Dammann advent calendar, day 19. I skipped 18 because I am not drinnking rooibos anymore, so it will have to get passed on to another person. Thankfully there has only been one rooibos tea in the...” Read full tasting note
    dinosara 2029 tasting notes
  • “YUM! I think I want to move to France and live next door to the family Dammann. (And in this fantasy of mine, they invite me to tea every day) I seriously have not yet encountered a tea from...” Read full tasting note
    LiberTEAS 4624 tasting notes

From Dammann Freres

“Noël à Vienne” flavored black tea

This combination of black teas with chocolate, apricot and vanilla flavours, scattered with bits of pineapple and orange rinds offers a subtle and sweet infusion, well suited to accompany pastry such as the Zacher cake!

Brewing time: 4 to 5 minutes

About Dammann Freres View company

Day 19!

I think it is ok to say I was not a fan of this one. It is not a bad blend, but I am just finding the tastes are not working for me. There is definitely a really strong smokey black tea. I am getting a bit of chocolate taste but it tastes quite watered down. This one is reminding me of those chocolate oranges that you can get around Christmas time. I am also getting hints of vanilla.

I definitely got hints of hazelnuts with this one in taste and smell.

Dinosara

Haha glad to hear I am not the only one who tasted hazelnuts!

Lala

I think it is something to do with Dammann’s “chocolate”. I get a nutty taste with most of their chocolate teas.

Advent calendar, day 19 (though I’m having it today because I got mixed up.)

Another Christmas tea! These are so fun. I like imagining the different cities and why they picked the flavors they did. I’m assuming this was based on the Sachertorte (chocolate cake) and Marillenkuchen (apricot cake) that are traditional Austrian desserts.

Steep notes: no additives, below parameters.

Dry leaf smelled mostly like chocolate and caramel (I’m pretty sure the vanilla is responsible for this). I don’t mind chocolate in tea but it feels like they put it in every blend, practically. Luckily they do it well. Once steeped the aroma has transformed into a sweet milk chocolate. This, again, is pretty standard Dammann…I imagine the apricot is waiting for me in the taste.

Mmm…it was! I get the fruity apricot followed by creamy vanilla and a muted chocolate. As the liquor has cooled the apricot is more evident in the scent as well. I like this! It’s probably my second favorite after the Venice Christmas one. I’ll keep this on the reorder list for sure…

2029 tasting notes

Dammann advent calendar, day 19. I skipped 18 because I am not drinnking rooibos anymore, so it will have to get passed on to another person. Thankfully there has only been one rooibos tea in the advent calendar so far!

So I drank this tea without knowing what was in it at all… and wow were my taste buds off! To me it was very hazelnutty, which is not an ingredient at all. I didn’t really get fruitiness from the apricot or orange. Makes me want to have it again to properly wrap my head around it. Weird!

no drinking rooibos because it’s bothering you? or just cause. :)

Stephanie

Yeah screw rooibos. I hate that stuff, lol.

Dinosara

No rooibos because when I drink it my throat gets scratchy and it feels like I am allergic to it. Also I almost never actually like the flavor. But mostly the former.

I seriously have not yet encountered a tea from them that I do not like.

I need to thank Doulton for this experience – thank you! This tea is incroyable!

Noël à Vienne translates into Christmas is coming. I can taste a bit of christmas in this cup – there is a certain “baked” flavor to the tea that reminds me of the apricot cookies my grandma would make at christmas time. And of course, there is the chocolate. It is a bit more delicate than I would like (but then, I’m a chocoholic, so more chocolate is always better). There is also a light touch of citrus and a pleasantly creamy character to it. This is SO GOOD!

Thank you again Doulton!

okay! this is one of my top picks from the noel teas.
but duh chocolate and apricot of course it is.

i’m watching documentaries still.
yesterday i finished “56 up” and today i’m watching “into the Abyss”. i could easily watch all of Werner Herzog’s documentaries multiple times. i plan to watch all the ones available on netflix before the new year starts hah.

and what-the-hell how did i even end up crocheting and knitting again? i knew the super basics a long time ago, and this week i taught myself granny squares and the purl stitch and i’m getting used to doing them smoother.
oh wait
i know how that happened
it’s all your fault you amazing jerks.
i’m having fun!

Shmiracles

at least i think i’m having fun? i’m also sorta a perfectionist which kinda can make me anxious, so, yup i’ve made an almost-full-scarf and unraveled it all already two times to re-start. hah. it’s my style of things and stuff. but yes i’m having fun.

Shmiracles

i should say i’m perfectionisty, but also indecisive. which leads to a long trail of unfinished things and countless re-dos. (huh. maybe i WILL try to finish that dance degree after all.)

Shmiracles

sorry sister, i drank BOTH tea bags of this one mwahaha
i stole it from the sample box and i’m not sharing, just this once.

Merry Christmas everybody.

This ended up being my Christmas tea – Dammann has a lot of Christmas teas, many of them smelling (and their descriptions sounding) very tempting, but this was the winner for me. Christmas in Vienna, why not?

For me the notes here are chocolate, apricot jam and tangerine (?). Vanilla as well, and the chocolate is kinda of liquorish, making me think of hazelnut liqueur as well. Both the base and flavouring are a bit weaker than I hoped for, but on the other hand being a milder flavoured tea, it is also a very pleasant christmas to serve anybody. Very nice

For some reason this tea sort of (unfairly maybe) came off to me as being the ugly stepsister of Thé du Loup. I love the wolf tea, I think the stepsister would be prettier without the comparison, if only I had not been reminded of it!

Another oversteep. In my defense, it’s a one cup tea bag, and therefore I had to steep it the ‘normal’ way. Yea, that’s my excuse.

I thought this would be horribly bitter by the time I got to it, yet it’s still really smooth and gentle. It’s kinda meh on it’s own, and turns into subtle dark chocolate yumminess with some Truvia. Not getting the orange really, other than perhaps if I think about it.. I wish I had more than the advent calendar sample to play with this a bit more.

Boiling 8 min or more