Tisane du Berger

Herbal Tea
Citrus, Floral, Lemon, Orange, Peppermint, Thick
Loose Leaf, Sachet
Caffeine Free
Edit tea info Last updated by Cameron B.
Boiling 4 min, 0 sec 8 oz / 236 ml

2 Images

• “This was one of the free samples that came with my Dammann Frères advent calendar. I find myself liking mint and herbal tisanes more and more these days, especially in the evening, so I was not...” Read full tasting note
    CameronB 711 tasting notes
  • “I find it funny when there are teas that are added to the Steepster database but there are no reviews or limited information added. It makes me wonder who added it or why it was added if the...” Read full tasting note
    Lala1 784 tasting notes

From Dammann Freres

Delicate, perfumed and aromatic, this fusion of herbal elements embodies all the vertues of lime blossom, verbena, lemongrass, mint and orange blossom. A harmony of flavours not to be missed!

About Dammann Freres View company

This was one of the free samples that came with my Dammann Frères advent calendar. I find myself liking mint and herbal tisanes more and more these days, especially in the evening, so I was not disappointed to see it in the box. Visually, it’s a mix of variously-sized chunks of pastel dried herbs. It smells mostly of peppermint, but overall the scent is mild. I used 8 ounces of water for my single sachet.

Once steeped, I can still smell peppermint the most, but I can also pick up mixed citrus from the lemongrass and orange blossom. Overall, the aroma is quite mellow. Overall, this is a tasty combination. The mint is bright and refreshing but still mild, and all of the citrus-based herbs meld together well into a nice lemony orange concoction. The linden serves as a nice herbal, lightly floral base and helps the blend have a more substantial texture overall. Very nice.

Flavors: Citrus, Floral, Lemon, Orange, Peppermint, Thick

Boiling 6 min, 0 sec 8 OZ / 236 ML

I find it funny when there are teas that are added to the Steepster database but there are no reviews or limited information added. It makes me wonder who added it or why it was added if the information is incomplete. Anyway….

This was a free sample with my last Dammann order. The dry and brewed tea smells strongly of verbena. There are strong mint and verbena flavours over top of a lighter citrus flavour. The citrus leaning more towards lemon than lime or orange. This is a hard one to describe because this tea has no sweetness to it, but it is not astringent or bitter or sour, I have no word to describe that part of it. The mint lingers a long time in the aftertaste.

I was a little scared I would not like this one based on the ingredients but it did not turn out too bad.