Noël à St-Petersbourg

Edit tea info Last updated by Cameron B.

From Dammann Freres

“Noël à St Petersbourg” flavored black tea

Blend of black teas flavoured with apple, pear, plum, peach, hazelnut and chestnut aromas. Embellished with pieces of apple and flower petals, this blend leads you into the bluish nights of the imperial city.

Brewing time: 4 to 5 minutes

About Dammann Freres View company

What a lovely tea !
It has some ingredients I rarely have in tea : plums (particularly mirabelles) and pear.
In addition apple and peach are present as well.
To be honnest apple and pear are really behind and the main taste to me is clearly mirabelle, for the best as I love mirabelles ! But the other fruits give a special note to this blend even if they are nor really detectable one by one.
The impression is an automnal blend, it makes me think to a setting sun.
Very well blended. Not sure it would be the aromas I would have chosen for St Petersburg but this is really well done.
Another Dammann Frères I really enjoyed.

Now remain 3 teas from my last order to taste including 2 chaï, I feel lazy today to prepare a chaï so maybe next week end !

Day 20!

This one dry smells of apples. The brewed tea tastes like apples and rose petals. There is a bit of plum. I am finding it has abit of a waxy flavour but I think it is from the rose petals. As it cools there is maybe a bit of pear in there.

This one is ok. But I definitely prefer Marie Antoinette for an apple/rose tea.

Advent Calendar, Day 20 (EEP: I had this on yesterday accidentally! Sorry to spoil the surprise). Getting close to the end now – I can’t even believe it’s Christmas next Wednesday.

When I first smelled this I got red fruit/berries, specifically strawberry, and even kind of a caramelly scent. Reading the description turned the berry note into apple+peach. Don’t know where I got caramel unless it was the pear (I think it can sometimes have a sugary sweet scent like that).

Steeped at the below parameters, with no additives.

Apple and plum both have that astringence with their skin that I am wary of in tea form. I like eating them both but I’ve had apple teas before and they tend to carry that astringence over. This is the case here – between the plum and the apple it is very astringent and tart, albeit fruity. This is only the second of the Dammann teas I’ve tried so far (the other being their Earl Grey) that I think would benefit from some sugar.

I was so close to the end of the cup before determining this that I didn’t bother with the sugar – and as it was only the one teabag, I doubt I will order it again to try this out. So far I still think that Noël a Venise is my favorite Christmas tea of theirs.

Definitely apples and a little pear.
Goes nicely with ALL the christmas cookies I ate for breakfast. Haha

2031 tasting notes

Dammann advent calendar, day 20. Yay more “Noël” teas! Makes sense that this is the perfect way to try all of those.

Very fruity! Honestly yesterday morning I couldn’t focus too hard on it, but it certianly came across as a well-blended, fruity tea with no one flavor taking over the others, and all working together to make a tasty cup. I would bet this would make a really tasty iced tea too (funny for a Christmas tea), and I certainly wouldn’t turn down another cup of it.

YES YES YES THIS IS GOOD OH HOT JAM

So, Gentleman and I are moving in together a lot sooner than we’d planned because of reasons and am I ever not over the last move yet! Blerg. But it’ll sure be nice to actually live together in one house instead of two, yes? Yes.

So, this tea. It’s like lovely crisp, juicy peaches, and then lovely crisp, juicy apples, and then cooked plums. SO MUCH COOKED PLUMS. Not raw plums, cooked plums. Like a beautiful, flavourful, sweet and tart plum compote. It’s an incredibly beautiful flavour. I’m in love. Thanks for sharing, Ysaurella!

Ysaurella

I’m happy you liked this one too :) plums and tea are pairing so well together

Cameron B.