Thé des Mille Collines

Black Chai Blend
Edit tea info Last updated by Cameron B.

1 Tasting Note View all

• “Backlog from yesterday night This is an interesting chai tea and as its name suggests it, this is a Rwandan tea. Which is rarer than a chai made on an Indian tea base . We immediately see by the...” Read full tasting note
    Ysaurella 388 tasting notes

From Dammann Freres

“Thé des Mille Collines” flavored black tea

Although the Rwandan landscapes, lush and hilly, inspire a gentle way of life, the teas they produce are strong and full-bodied. This blend combines the strength of Rwanda black tea and the fragrance of fine spices: ginger, cinnamon, cardamom, pink pepper-corn and clove. It can be enjoyed with a drop of milk or brewed directly into hot milk.

Brewing time: 4 to 5 minutes

About Dammann Freres View company

1 Tasting Note

Backlog from yesterday night

We immediately see by the size and type of leaves that we are dealing with a Rwandan tea. The leaves are super short , with a chocolate colour and have almost a circle shape.

We have lovely and nice mixed spices : ginger, cinnamon, cardamom, cloves and pink berries

I opted for an Indian style of preparation because of the gloomy weather. I got so a barely beige liquor.

This chai had not a very strong flavor , spices are present, very mixed, difficult to feel each one separately. Cardamom is nonetheless a little more present in this chai .

I’m not super excited . I much preferred Anichaï of Dammann Frères too . I love an heavy spice chai , this one was very discreet.

But my cat loved it :)

You can see pics of this tea and of the thief cat here : http://thevangeliste.wordpress.com/2014/11/08/the-des-mille-collines-dammann-freres/

mrmopar

Looks a lot like “Chairman Meow” in my household.

Ysaurella

strangely he doesn’t try to sip Pu-erhs…but Chaï and milk of course are interesting. I love red cats :)

boychik

Love the pics ;)

Ysaurella

carol who

Oh what a cute picture of your cat!!