4, 5, 6, Cueillir des Cerises

Black Fruit Blend
Cherry, Dried Fruit, Malt, Pastries, Sweet, Tart, Strawberry
Edit tea info Last updated by Cameron B.

From Dammann Freres

“4,5,6 Cueillir des Cerises” flavored black tea

It is summer time ! Walking in the countryside, I fill my basket with fleshy cherries, glean a few berries on the way and go home to enjoy a deliciously fruity tea.

Brewing time: 4 to 5 minutes

About Dammann Freres View company

I had this tea this morning even if it’s typically more an afternoon tea.
I was expecting more cherry due to the tea name but it’s more a mix of red berries.
The scent is lovely and the dry leaf is made of some dry fruit and cut tea leaf.

The liquor is pleasant even if not very interesting. This is a natural and decent tea but for real cherry lovers I recommend more Cerise Noire from Betjeman & Barton (black tea base) and Sakura 2000(Mariage Frères on a green tea base)

Another sample from Dexter! Yyz was kind enough to explain the source of this tea’s name in Steepster chat – it comes from this French children’s song: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=4KrBIhEfSBE. Cute, right? :) The leaves are small and black, and somewhat broken. Dry scent is mild candy-like cherry that is both sweet and tart.

Steeped up, this tea smells like cherry pie filling, which makes me very happy. There’s also a pastry cream note for me. Yum, this is a very tasty cherry tea! I would describe the flavor as being closer to dried cherries than fresh, it has that concentrated deep cherry flavor. I added a touch of sugar to mine and it’s lovely cherry pie tea! Definitely put this one on your wishlist if you’re a cherry lover like me.

Flavors: Cherry, Dried Fruit, Malt, Pastries, Sweet, Tart

Roswell Strange

This one was delicious! :)

Cameron B.

So good! It’s tasting more and more like pastry as it gets cooler. :D

Dexter

“if you’re a cherry lover like me.” – Interesting what you find out AFTER you send out the package. I purposely didn’t included a couple more cherry teas because I thought the box was a little heavy on the cherry…. Really happy that you liked this one. :))

Cameron B.

Dexter, love it! Thanks so much for the sample. :D Maybe we can do a real swap later and you can send me the other cherry teas.

Many thanks to Dexter for the thoughtful sample of this one! I’ve decided to make today a Firefly/Dammann Frere’s day primarily and now that I’ve finished off my Firefly teas for the day it’s definitely time to get started on DF.

This smells awesome, and steeped up you know what? It’s pretty fucking awesome too. This is definitely a very juicy, ripe candy sweet cherry taste! It is strikingly familiar to another cherry taste I’m familiar with and I struggled for a long time to place what but I finally hit the nail on the head: Tootsie sells bags of assorted fruit flavoured tootsie chews that come in lemon, lime, orange, vanilla, and cherry flavour. This tastes exactly like the cherry tootsie rolls! And that’s a good thing for me personally; the only flavours I like in those fruit bags are vanilla and cherry – and I like them a lot. Enough so that I buy the large bags just for those flavours and then usually give away the others because they’re nasty. They should sell the flavours separately…

I already have a black cherry tea; but I think I could make room for this one too. They really are drastically different but still perfect cherry teas. I still have another cup of this one though, so I’ll cherish that cup and then decide on whether I want to go the route of trying to get my hands on more of this. But yum!

Flavors: Cherry

Cameron B.

A couple of years ago I bought a giant bag of all vanilla tootsie rolls. It was during Halloween and they were marketing them as ghosts or something because they’re white. Kind of a stretch in my opinion but I was happy.

VariaTEA

What is your black cherry tea?!?

Roswell Strange

Des Roses et Des Bonbons, silly…

VariaTEA

Hahaha my bad

An awesome surprise gift from Dexter3657, who knows of my affection for the Frenchy teas, particularly DF and Fauchon. Thank you! :D

This is a boozy, sweet-tart cherry tea. As with so many DF blends, it smells amazing as soon as you open the bag and continues to be heady through steeping and finished cup. I love it—it reminds me a little of the liquor-steeped cherries I put in my highball drinks in springtime. Lemony tart like a Corpse Reviver, but a little plush and jammy too, where there’s a burst of juicy bright red cherry to balance it, keep it from being too puckery. It’s not like a dried fruit thing, nor like a straight fresh cherry…kind of like a pickled fruit (and Ysaurella ‘s right, it’s more like a red berry profile too, not just cherry). It’s weird, I hate tartness in tea with stuff like apples…but I don’t mind it with this jammy cherry profile…guess I’ve learned something new about my tastes!

I really like this one. Thankfully for me I’m not getting any cherry cough medicine associations (it’s nowhere near that kind of pinpointy plastic sweet), though I can kind of envision how someone could. It’s perfect for this afternoon—beginning of a long weekend, going to see a play tonight (feeling FANCY Anna! ha), another festival tomorrow, lots of time to just relax and chase each other around the house and play some more with perfume. A little luxurious but fun too. Exactly right for my mood.

DeliriumsFrogs

You and Anna are both SOoooooooooo fancy. :)
This review put me in such a happy mood….

Anna

I think this tea proves ifjuly is WAY fancier than me!