4,5,6,.. Cueillir des cerises

Black Fruit Blend
Edit tea info Last updated by Ysaurella

• “I had this tea this morning even if it's typically more an afternoon tea. I was expecting more cherry due to the tea name but it's more a mix of red berries. The scent is lovely and the dry leaf...” Read full tasting note
    Ysaurella 293 tasting notes
  • “An awesome surprise gift from *Dexter3657*, who knows of my affection for the Frenchy teas, particularly DF and Fauchon. Thank you! :D This is a boozy, sweet-tart cherry tea. As with so many DF...” Read full tasting note
    ifjuly 607 tasting notes

From Dammann Freres

It’s summer, I met my new basket of lovely plump cherries, some berries gathered on the way and I am ready to enjoy a deliciously fruity tea.

Brewing time: 4 to 5 minutes

C’est la belle saison, je remplis mon panier neuf de belles cerises charnues, quelques baies glanées sur le chemin et me voilà prêt pour déguster un thé délicieusement fruité.

Brewing time: 4 to 5 minutes

About Dammann Freres View company

I had this tea this morning even if it’s typically more an afternoon tea.
I was expecting more cherry due to the tea name but it’s more a mix of red berries.
The scent is lovely and the dry leaf is made of some dry fruit and cut tea leaf.

The liquor is pleasant even if not very interesting. This is a natural and decent tea but for real cherry lovers I recommend more Cerise Noire from Betjeman & Barton (black tea base) and Sakura 2000(Mariage Frères on a green tea base)

An awesome surprise gift from Dexter3657, who knows of my affection for the Frenchy teas, particularly DF and Fauchon. Thank you! :D

This is a boozy, sweet-tart cherry tea. As with so many DF blends, it smells amazing as soon as you open the bag and continues to be heady through steeping and finished cup. I love it—it reminds me a little of the liquor-steeped cherries I put in my highball drinks in springtime. Lemony tart like a Corpse Reviver, but a little plush and jammy too, where there’s a burst of juicy bright red cherry to balance it, keep it from being too puckery. It’s not like a dried fruit thing, nor like a straight fresh cherry…kind of like a pickled fruit (and Ysaurella ‘s right, it’s more like a red berry profile too, not just cherry). It’s weird, I hate tartness in tea with stuff like apples…but I don’t mind it with this jammy cherry profile…guess I’ve learned something new about my tastes!

I really like this one. Thankfully for me I’m not getting any cherry cough medicine associations (it’s nowhere near that kind of pinpointy plastic sweet), though I can kind of envision how someone could. It’s perfect for this afternoon—beginning of a long weekend, going to see a play tonight (feeling FANCY Anna! ha), another festival tomorrow, lots of time to just relax and chase each other around the house and play some more with perfume. A little luxurious but fun too. Exactly right for my mood.

DeliriumsFrogs

You and Anna are both SOoooooooooo fancy. :)
This review put me in such a happy mood….

Anna

I think this tea proves ifjuly is WAY fancier than me!