Amande Amaretti

Black Fruit Blend
Almond
Edit tea info Last updated by Ysaurella

• “another delightful sample from dinosara :) This one reminds me of amarettoe in dry form and scent. Steeped, it's a delicious almond, marzipan sort of tea. I am really enjoying this on this super...” Read full tasting note
    Silaena 4729 tasting notes
  • “okay, i really need to review my personal standpoint on stubbornness. i did this tea SUCH a disservice yesterday. overleafed, oversteeped...... i wonder if admitting that and having the brilliant...” Read full tasting note
    JustJames 377 tasting notes
  • “ This tea is likely going on my shopping list. have no idea how on earth Canadians acquire DF teas, but in the event that I have the opportunity to acquire this without paying insane shipping...” Read full tasting note
    keychange 450 tasting notes
  • “It seems I am the very first to review this tea, damned...had to create the tea in the database as well. I was curious about this tea especially because I like very much nutty teas. Of course I...” Read full tasting note
    Ysaurella 335 tasting notes

From Dammann Freres

Blend of teas from China and Ceylon flavored with almond and decorated with yellow petals of flower. A subtle fragrance that reminds us of the wild almond trees orchards in spring.
Recommended infusion time: 4 to 5 minutes

Mélange de thés de Chine et de Ceylan aromatisé à l’amande et agrémenté de pétales de fleur. Un parfum subtil qui nous rappelle celui des vergers d’amandiers sauvages au printemps. Temps d’infusion recommandé : 4 à 5 minutes

About Dammann Freres View company

Sadly this tea doesn’t do it for me. Still, I’m glad Shmiracles gave me the opportunity to try it, as I’m pretty sure I would have purchased it.

The tea is thin. The amaretto flavour is present, and accurate, but it is thin. This might be because amaretto = coffee for me. We always used to spike our coffee with it when we went camping (Yes, even as kids. I know, I know. Mom and dad would put ~1 tsp in a coffee or hot chocolate for us so we were drinking a “grown up” drink.). So those flavours are irrevocably linked.

So while this might be a good tea for some people, as the flavour itself is really nice, it’s not a tea for me. The almond tea I have and prefer is La Naissance by Fauchon. Almondy birthday cake.

If you’re looking for an Amaretto (the booze) replacement, look no further than this tea. It’s a smooth almond black, with a hint of marzipan to it. Really lovely, quite simple, and a must-have for almond lovers. I am definitely enjoying this cup!

Thank you Dinosara for sharing the perfect sized-sample with me!

Sami Kelsh

Ooh, wizard. I love marzipan-almondy stuff something fierce, and have been meaning to put in a DF order just as soon as I have an income… /adds to basket

Suziqzer

Yum… sounds amazing! An amaretto/almond that’s not green!

I big huge thanks to Dinosara for sending me a sample of this tea!

I’ll start off by saying that Damman and I don’t get along so well. We rarely see eye to eye, but I’m not one to learn lessons easily and am attracted to anything almondy like a magpie to shiny. I steeped this in less water than normal because DF teas always seem to have meek flavors for me. When hot, this tea was so-so. As it cooled it got better. The almond taste is present on the sip and fades out to leave the black base to hold up the aftertaste. At first the almond seems sort of baked marzipan like, but has a flash of raw almond tang. I’m finding that my favorite almond teas are paired with something else, making a more complex mix of flavors. Chocolate, coconut, rose… things like that. This tea is good (really good if I’m comparing to other DF teas), but I’m not captivated by it.

keychange

I agree that there are better almond teas out there. Mariage frères has a few.

Dustin

Which do you like of Mariage’s?

Birthday Tea! Well kind of. My birthday was yesterday but I went out snowboarding and I was so tired and sore when I got back I couldn’t think of putting in the effort to make any tea. It was only my third time snowboarding and I did a huge face plant just when I thought that I was getting better. I guess I got a little too confident. So today my neck is unbelievably sore. You just can’t take those falls at 31 as you can when you’re 23 (that was the first time I went). 31, ouch!. It’s really the same as 30 though. That was a hard birthday. This one I feel the same. I’m still in my early 30’s!

Anyway, onto the tea. Thanks Schmiracles for sending this to me! I kind of forgot what I had asked for from you and this was a pleasant surprise. I really like almond, but it’s something that can also go horribly wrong if the flavour is too strong. But this is perfect! This is everything I have wanted in other amaretto teas. The flavour is there, and it’s natural, but not over done. It tastes like almond extract, almost cherry like. I also like the black base with it. If it was more affordable to make an order I would definitely order this.

One day.

CharlotteZero

Happy Birthday!

yay for birthday fun!

caile

Happy birthday! Sounds like you had a fun day!

ashleyelizabeth

Thanks guys!

Going through a butt ton of sipdowns today! I’ve picked out about 7 that I have like 2g or less of so since it’s fairly early right now, I’ve just decide to spend the entire day with these teas!

This is a good tea, but the flavour isn’t… well if I liked almond flavoured teas, I know I’d like it, but almond is a bit weird. It’s all me, not the tea!Good tea, but I probably wouldn’t purchase it on my own.

Thank you tons for the sample, shmiracles!

Flavors: Almond