Breakfast Tea

Edit tea info Last updated by MelissaC

• “Hi everybody! I haven't been on Steepster lately for two reasons: 1, I'm now incredibly busy at university; and 2, I simply haven't gotten round to trying new teas! I have such a vast quantity in...” Read full tasting note
    macaronic 82 tasting notes
  • “My father had a few individually sealed bags of this from his friend Rosemary. It was pretty good, but I'm still a little bit sick, so no ratings. Being sick and unable to enjoy tea is terrible!” Read full tasting note
    CharlotteZero 372 tasting notes
  • “Another tea from an hotel breakfast. Not bad at all. Tasty enough with dominant Ceylon notes. Very much better than a lipton. Clearly a tea able to please to most of the drinkers. I liked it but...” Read full tasting note
    Ysaurella 350 tasting notes

From Dammann Freres

A sturdy and full-bodied black tea that gains a unique subtlety from Ceylon and India teas. A deep, satisfying cup any time of day. Perfect with a dash of cold milk.

About Dammann Freres View company

Hi everybody! I haven’t been on Steepster lately for two reasons: 1, I’m now incredibly busy at university; and 2, I simply haven’t gotten round to trying new teas! I have such a vast quantity in my cupboard that it would be silly to open even more boxes when I haven’t used up what I already have. Slowly but surely, I’m making space, and will soon have some lovely new teas to try :)

Starting up this habit again, I happen to be making this breakfast tea of which I took a few teabags from the hotel breakfast buffet last time I went to Paris (shhh, don’t tell anyone). The water I’ve used is unfiltered since I’m just making it in my room while I write my essay- not sure if this will affect the taste significantly.

In colour… like any good English Breakfast tea, this has gone straight to a deep brown in no time at all, the smell is rich and oaky, I feel like I might be heading for a classic breakfast tea here. And it really is “sturdy” like in the description! Very slightly dry (which I suspect is the Ceylon), strong and with a slightly roasted, wood aftertaste that gets more intense with every sip- but somehow, I wouldn’t call the flavour “rich”. It might be because of the water; but it’s so delicious I might drink this without milk! Thank you, Dammann!

My father had a few individually sealed bags of this from his friend Rosemary. It was pretty good, but I’m still a little bit sick, so no ratings. Being sick and unable to enjoy tea is terrible!

Clearly a tea able to please to most of the drinkers.
I liked it but it is too much clinical to make me run out to purchase it.