Jardin de Luxembourg

Oolong Tea
Edit tea info Last updated by Cameron B.

From Dammann Freres

Flavoured oolong “Jardin du Luxembourg”

Green oolong embellished with jasmine flowers, roses petals, may flower, aloe vera, rose, jasmine, acacia, waterlily, and plum flowers flavours. This unique fusion delivers a sweet and powerful infusion paying tribute to the most Italian garden in Paris.

(Brewing time: 4 minutes).

About Dammann Freres View company

2031 tasting notes

What a garden of flowers. So floral and delicious. I think what I like best about this blend is that there are so many unusual flowers in it. Not just rose and jasmine, but acacia, water lily, aloe, and plum blossoms? Quite unique, and somehow it doesn’t come across as a perfume shop.

Boiling 3 min, 0 sec 2 tsp 12 OZ / 354 ML
Ysaurella

I do need to try this one next time I’ll shop at Dammann’s

I am drinking a cup of this right now, and today it tastes to me like champagne. Huh?

This is a very perfumey tea- smells like potpourri, but does not taste as much like it as you would expect. I enjoy the florals I can taste (and smell!), but the base seemed to contribute very little to the tea, besides maybe a slight astringency on the second steep. There is something cloyingly sweet, which reminds me of crushed tobacco flowers and too-sweet generic airport handsoap that I am just not enjoying in this cup. Strange to hear me say that… an unsweetened tea that I do not like the sweetness of! It’s a brand of sweetness that is not really off putting, but not engendering either. Maybe it’s the lotus? The whole affair feels a little grandmother-y… I know! It tastes how I imagine those floral print couches would, if they were a tea! Haha!
Thanks to Dinosara for the sample!