Elégie Pourpre

Pu-erh Tea
Edit tea info Last updated by Cameron B.

From Dammann Freres

“Elegie Pourpre” flavored dark tea

Pu-Erh tea from China with the warm and lifting notes of a bouquet of undergrowth flavoured with the aromas of dark berries, vanilla and heliotrope.(flower petals)

Brewing time: 3 to 5 minutes

About Dammann Freres View company

oh man! this one is delicious! blackberry and vanilla and delicious! I like that the puerh is still present in this one but it meshes nicely with the flavouring to complement the blackberry flavour without overpowering the vanilla. I feel like this would also make a really yummy hot brew, cooled as when it started to cool down a bit, the blackberry flavours really popped! Thanks for sharing dinosara!

Ooh that sounds neat!

Fuzzy_Peachkin

oooh! The blackberry popped? I might have to order some of this!

I’m really enjoying this one tonight. It’s full of berry/vanilla goodness. The pu’erh is there but it’s more in the background adding depth rather than out front screaming “I’m a pu’erh”. I’m surprised at how well the blackberry is going with the pu’erh. I normally think pu’erh with cinnamon or with chocolate/coffee notes. This is a new experience, but one that I’m really liking.
Thanks Sil for another wonderful tea. I’ve had a really good day exploring some of the teas from your box. :))

Yay!

So after all this time, I’ve definitely come to the realization that puerh is not for me. I used to be able to tolerate it occasionally, like in well done flavored ones like this. No more. “Earth” is not a flavor I want in my tea. Nor is “wood” or whatever. I tried to drink some of this and I couldn’t get past a few sips. I have lost any taste I might have had for it.

I’m putting the two DF flavored puerhs, this one and Pu-Erh Gourmand (lets call them #58 & 57), I have up for grabs. There is probably a half-ounce of each left. Some of you have had them, but if you haven’t and you like flavored puerh, you might like them. If you’re interested, PM me or leave a comment on this post. If I don’t get any takers, I’ll list them for sale along with a variety of leftover Verdant blends I’m not interested in soon.

Boiling 3 min, 0 sec 2 tsp 12 OZ / 354 ML

awwww

OMGsrsly

Oh, that’s too bad! I did like both of them, so far as I remember. But I really don’t need more tea. :)

Stephanie

I like Pu-Erh Gourmand but I’ve never tried this one. In general I get what you are saying about flavored puerh though…a lot of times I’d rather drink my puerh straight and have a less funky base tea for my flavored teas!

Another 3 days of overindulgence for New Years, and now home again. I can’t believe it’s 1995 already, where DOES the time go?

I’m feeling the need for a) restorative; and b) digestion-friendly teas lately, as my stomach’s really suffering from so many days of eating the wrong foods. Pu erh usually settles me well, so I thought I’d give this one a go.

And yeah. YEAH. I sliiiiiiiiiiiightly worried about the marriage of pu erh and berry flavours, and when this brewed up and I got a strong whiff of dark, farmy pu erh goodness, my worry continued. But man. It’s nice. The initial aroma of earthy farm fragrance gives way to this juicy, almost jammy blackberry taste, and then transforms back into farmy, dark hay. How is this so good. Why is this so good? We just don’t know, but it is.

Sami Kelsh

Aye, that it be. Finally!

Thank you, Dinosara! This is SO delicious!

I totally oversteeped it because I was so excited about my mug that I forgot to set the timer. Oh yeah.

NEW MUG: http://instagram.com/p/lLrp2Zx5LD/#

This tea is totally staying on my “to buy” list. So good. Much berry. Wow.

195 °F / 90 °C 2 tsp 16 OZ / 473 ML
Courtney

Love it. I also just followed you. :)

OMGsrsly

Haha. I barely post anything on Instagram. It’s just easier for tea pics. OMGsrslyfolks @ twitter.

Courtney

I also rarely post on Instagram. Things have to be pretty amazing to make it there. But Twitter and Tumblr are the others I’m usually on. I can only juggle so many social medias!

OMGsrsly

Tumblr is a pit of fannish insanity. :)

Fjellrev

Nice shot!

__Morgana__

Great mug shot lol

CharlotteZero

The color of the inside of the mug is beautiful!

OMGsrsly

So ORANGE! Matched my traffic cone coloured scarf. :)

Sami Kelsh

That is so pretty! I want one. grabby hands