Green Tea
Edit tea info Last updated by Anna

2 Images

From Dammann Freres

With fresh, floral and fruity notes, this deli-cately flavoured blend is to be appreciated year-round, hot or chilled. Sencha tea from China, jasmine green tea and flower petals, lychee, grapefruit and rose flavours.

Subtil équilibre de notes fraîches, fleuries et fruitées pour ce mélange délicatement parfumé à apprécier tout au long de l’année, tant chaud que glacé : thé Sencha de Chine et thé vert au jasmin, pétales de fleurs, arômes litchi, pamplemousse et rose.

About Dammann Freres View company

If Bali smells like this, I need to go there (I need to go there, anyway, but still). This is what scented island-life travel ads would smell like – floral, fruity and with a dash of something boozy.

The florals, however, amount mostly to a distinct rose flavour in the cup, drowning out the fruit notes. Rose is not one of my favourite flavours, and DF’s take on it is far too perfumey for my tastes; it’s a very cosmetic rose.

I understand why this is a bestselling tea, and why so many people like it – it’s just another case of DF not being a good match for me.

[From my epic Instant-Thé order to Rome, October 2013.]

This tea was super smooth and lovely today. Fruity, floral and refreshing. I love this rose so for me it is not overwhelmingly floral, but I could see how it might be too floral for some. To me it was fruity and delicious.

It’s nearly identical to Fauchon’s Rose et Litchi, but unlike Fauchon I can order this one any time. But I have a 50g tin of it that hasn’t been hit very hard (not to mention 100g of Rose et Litchi), so I will be set on rose and lychee blends for a while!

Anna

This IS the same tea, though, right?

Dinosara

Well the Fauchon-branded tea is just rose and lychee, I think, whereas Bali also has jasmine and grapefruit. So they are indeed very slightly different.

Anna

Ooh, okay! I do get pretty confused by the Fauchon/DF/Hédiard lines crossing.

A sample from a friend and wow this is fruity and flowery – though I admittedly used a very generous dosage.

The green tea base is innocuous, nice enough, with some bitterness which I blame on not having been careful enough with temperature and time. The leaf I used was full of jasmine blossoms including the cutest whole blossom just starting to unfurl. So for me there is definetely a strong jasmine note, just behind the lychee, and the rose coming third to the jasmine.

I do not know quite what to think of this – it´s really intense, maybe too intense for my tastes though a nice enough blend to have now and then.

Ysaurella

would you say DF uses always the same green tea base for flavoured greens as well ? I didn’t have very much DF greens to have an idea

cteresa

This is probably my second DF green and can hardly recall the first. And this is hard to tell much about the base, it is such a busy blend. I did think it was one way to make sure I was not bored by the same base!

Bought at Oronero – Palazzo Pitti – Firenze