Rooibos Vanille

Herbal Rooibos Blend
Edit tea info Last updated by yyz

2 Images

From Dammann Freres

Subtle harmony between these two plants originated in the Southern hemisphere. The sweetness and roundness of vanilla from Madagascar united to a smooth ligueur. (Brewing time: 4 to 5 minutes).

About Dammann Freres View company

Thank you dear JustJames for sending this along to me.

A lovely rooibos, and exactly what I wanted tonight to wind down with. Lovely vanilla tea, and one that I can barely taste as being rooibos-y. Creamy, a touch tart, and thick. Delicious!

205 °F / 96 °C 8 min or more
JustJames

so glad to oblige, my dear!

Received this as a free sample from my Dammann Freres order.

At first the smell of the dry tea sachet was medicinal rooibos. I was a bit worried. Would Dammann blend their rooibos tea to just as delicious and exceptional as all the others?!?

The brewed tea tastes lightly of vanilla. It is not super vanilla to cover up the taste of the rooibos. It is vanilla that works with the rooibos. The rooibos is woody, but it is not medicinal or peppery tasting. It is creamy and the liquor is thick. I am not a huge rooibos, or vanilla tea, but Dammann did not disappoint (as usual) :)

free sample from dammann.
do your worst rooibos!

not so bad! real mellow rooibos. and real mellow vanilla.
keep’n it classy dammann.

Fjellrev

I lol’d too. :)

Smells nice and vanilla like. I can pick out a bit of the rooibos scent too. Once brewed this tea is just a bland mixture of vanilla and rooibos taste. Totally unremarkable and boring until I add sugar. Once it is sweetened it is enjoyable, but still not impressive and not worth the higher price tag of Dammann Freres. I could get this in a grocery store brand like Mighty Leaf in a similar silken brewing pouch. This gets a meh from me.

Ellyn

I hate it when a tea you want to be spectacular is just meh.

Sipdown (118)!

Drank this in sachet form – it was an extra sample that Marzipan tossed in with the stuff from our DF group order. I can’t say I’ve had the ‘regular’ black version for comparison.

I don’t know if this one really left a whole lot of an impression; while it definitely smelled very richly of vanilla the taste was rather subdued. I don’t get too huge into straight vanilla teas anyway, but this was kind of weak even for my tastes. However, the flavour of the rooibos was equally muted so I guess that balances out overall. It’s kind of creamy too, which helps. It’s better than an extremely rooibos heavy blend, anyway.

Sweetener might make this one pop a little more, but I’m not gonna go through the effort of finding out.

I enjoy a creamy vanilla rooibos, but I am very particular. Vanilla and rooibos, to me, need to be of really nice quality especially if there aren’t other flavors/ingredients involved. I thought this tea was decent, but not my favorite vanilla rooibos. The vanilla was sweet and actually rather strong. There was something about it that I didn’t really enjoy, though. Perhaps it was the aftertaste that ended up being a little too funky. The rooibos was also equally as strong, quite woody and a tad medicinal (I think as a result of the funky vanilla). I am very happy to have tried this one, but wouldn’t purchase more in the future.