Blood orange, Cookie, Raspberry, Rose
Edit tea info Last updated by Dinosara
Boiling 3 min, 0 sec 12 oz / 354 ml

2 Images

• “When I opened today's slot on the advent calendar, before I could see the name of the tea, I could see the orange wrapper and I knew I wouldn't be drinking it. Rooibos! Blech. It was a citrus...” Read full tasting note
    dinosara 2036 tasting notes
  • “To be quite honest I didn't find myself reaching for this very much as a hot tea, I think it was because of how the orange interacted with the base in such as way that it took away from the...” Read full tasting note
    yyz 400 tasting notes

From Dammann Freres

Cross cultural encounter between fruits from Europe and rose from Bulgaria for this blend of black teas, flavoured with raspberry aroma, essential oils of rose and blood orange. Some orange peels and flower petals embellish that blend.

Brewing time: 4 to 5 minutes

About Dammann Freres View company

2036 tasting notes

When I opened today’s slot on the advent calendar, before I could see the name of the tea, I could see the orange wrapper and I knew I wouldn’t be drinking it. Rooibos! Blech.

It was a citrus rooibos, so I decided in its place I would drink a different citrusy Dammann tea, but I wanted one that was unlikely to show up in the calendar. That ruled out any of the “Nöel” teas, and also likely Gôut Russe Douchke, so I went with this one, which is blood orange, rose, and raspberry. Close enough!

This tea is very tasty, and I love how the way the orange, rose, and raspberry play together. I might say the raspberry is the most prominent note, but none of them really take over too much. It works.

Boiling 3 min, 0 sec 2 tsp 12 OZ / 354 ML

awe poor rooibos…

Cameron B.

What a strange rooibos it was… Cola and citrus flavor?

Anlina

Oh wow this sounds amazing. Orange and raspberry is one of my favourite flavour combinations.

OMGsrsly

Uh oh. I think I sent you a rooibos or two. I’m sorry! :(

Dinosara

It’s totally fine, don’t worry about it! I have a friend at work that likes rooibos and I am happy to pass them along to her and spread the love. :)

OMGsrsly

Oh, phew. The ones from Janet are actually super mild wrt the woody flavour. Hope your friend likes them. :)

To be quite honest I didn’t find myself reaching for this very much as a hot tea, I think it was because of how the orange interacted with the base in such as way that it took away from the raspberry and made the tea a little bitter in such away that it demanded sugar to contract it.

As a cold brew it is a different story. I brewed this tea for just short of 7 hours. The brewed tea actually smells the same as the hiot tea with a sweet raspberry tone above a biting dried orange rind tone, but the taste is much different. The raspberry is the main event, it being sweet and tangy and very ripe tasting with the rose and orange blending together underneath it to give the tea a bit of a bite and a bit more of a complex nature. I quite like this cold and it does not need sugar! This will probably be the way I will finish up this tea.