Edit tea info Last updated by yyz

1 Tasting Note View all

• “To be quite honest I didn't find myself reaching for this very much as a hot tea, I think it was because of how the orange interacted with the base in such as way that it took away from the...” Read full tasting note
    yyz 370 tasting notes

From Dammann Freres

Cross cultural encounter between fruits from Europe and rose from Bulgaria for this blend of China and Ceylon teas, flavoured with es-sential oils of rose and blood orange. Taste of raspberry. Sprinkled with peel of orange and petals of red roses. (Brewing time: 4 to 5 minutes).

About Dammann Freres View company

1 Tasting Note

To be quite honest I didn’t find myself reaching for this very much as a hot tea, I think it was because of how the orange interacted with the base in such as way that it took away from the raspberry and made the tea a little bitter in such away that it demanded sugar to contract it.

As a cold brew it is a different story. I brewed this tea for just short of 7 hours. The brewed tea actually smells the same as the hiot tea with a sweet raspberry tone above a biting dried orange rind tone, but the taste is much different. The raspberry is the main event, it being sweet and tangy and very ripe tasting with the rose and orange blending together underneath it to give the tea a bit of a bite and a bit more of a complex nature. I quite like this cold and it does not need sugar! This will probably be the way I will finish up this tea.