Blood orange, Cookie, Raspberry, Rose
Edit tea info Last updated by Dinosara
Boiling 3 min, 0 sec 12 oz / 354 ml

2 Images

• “Today is a day where I might not have had tea at all, given that I have a meeting this morning and I am teaching all afternoon. But this tea was teasing me all evening yesterday; its scent could...” Read full tasting note
    dinosara 1992 tasting notes
  • “To be quite honest I didn't find myself reaching for this very much as a hot tea, I think it was because of how the orange interacted with the base in such as way that it took away from the...” Read full tasting note
    yyz 380 tasting notes

From Dammann Freres

Cross cultural encounter between fruits from Europe and rose from Bulgaria for this blend of black teas, flavoured with raspberry aroma, essential oils of rose and blood orange. Some orange peels and flower petals embellish that blend.

Brewing time: 4 to 5 minutes

About Dammann Freres View company

1992 tasting notes

Today is a day where I might not have had tea at all, given that I have a meeting this morning and I am teaching all afternoon. But this tea was teasing me all evening yesterday; its scent could not be contained in its little paper bag, and I could smell the raspberries from a mile away. So I knew I had to brew this one right away when I got in to make sure I had time to drink it before my meeting.

Side note, I think they may have sent me more than 100g of this tea. It almost didn’t fit in the empty Fauchon tin that I put it in, and usually those tins have a little headspace with 100g of tea in them.

Good thing I really enjoy this tea. I would say that the raspberry is the strongest flavor here, no surprise given the scent, but I definitely get a “dark” citrusy blood orange note, and of course the richness of the rose. I feel like the blood orange makes its appearance at the beginning of the sip, then its taken over by raspberry and rose, and then it pops back out in the aftertaste. There is also a somewhat cookie-ish note in the aftertaste; it’s something I sometimes associate with rose and black tea, in the way they interact, that makes me think of baked goods. It’s definitely here. The base tea is their usual, which is my fave, and is reliably smooth and nicely balanced.

This tea is dark and rich, and the flavors are thick and entwining. It reminds me of 7 Parfums, but with only 3 parfums. :) If you don’t like rose, don’t even think about this tea. If you do, I would definitely recommend this one.

Flavors: Blood orange, Cookie, Raspberry, Rose

Boiling 3 min, 0 sec 2 tsp 12 OZ / 354 ML
Starfevre

this sounds really good.

Anlina

You’re making me think I need a Dammann Freres order, which no, I really do not :P

To be quite honest I didn’t find myself reaching for this very much as a hot tea, I think it was because of how the orange interacted with the base in such as way that it took away from the raspberry and made the tea a little bitter in such away that it demanded sugar to contract it.

As a cold brew it is a different story. I brewed this tea for just short of 7 hours. The brewed tea actually smells the same as the hiot tea with a sweet raspberry tone above a biting dried orange rind tone, but the taste is much different. The raspberry is the main event, it being sweet and tangy and very ripe tasting with the rose and orange blending together underneath it to give the tea a bit of a bite and a bit more of a complex nature. I quite like this cold and it does not need sugar! This will probably be the way I will finish up this tea.