Edit tea info Last updated by Cameron B.

2 Images

1 Tasting Note View all

• “To be quite honest I didn't find myself reaching for this very much as a hot tea, I think it was because of how the orange interacted with the base in such as way that it took away from the...” Read full tasting note
    yyz 374 tasting notes

From Dammann Freres

“Bulgare” flavored black tea

Cross cultural encounter between fruits fromEurope and rose from Bulgaria for this blendof black teas, flavoured with raspberry aroma,essential oils of rose and blood orange.Some orange peels and flower petals embellishthat blend.
Cross cultural encounter between fruits from Europe and rose from Bulgaria for this blend of black teas, flavoured with raspberry aroma, essential oils of rose and blood orange. Some orange peels and flower petals embellish that blend.

Brewing time: 4 to 5 minutes

About Dammann Freres View company

1 Tasting Note

To be quite honest I didn’t find myself reaching for this very much as a hot tea, I think it was because of how the orange interacted with the base in such as way that it took away from the raspberry and made the tea a little bitter in such away that it demanded sugar to contract it.

As a cold brew it is a different story. I brewed this tea for just short of 7 hours. The brewed tea actually smells the same as the hiot tea with a sweet raspberry tone above a biting dried orange rind tone, but the taste is much different. The raspberry is the main event, it being sweet and tangy and very ripe tasting with the rose and orange blending together underneath it to give the tea a bit of a bite and a bit more of a complex nature. I quite like this cold and it does not need sugar! This will probably be the way I will finish up this tea.