Rooibos de Noël

Herbal Rooibos Blend
Edit tea info Last updated by JoonSusanna

• “This smells delicious, like juicy oranges, and it came out of Dammann Freres' advent calendar. I wasn't a huge fan of it plain, so I added sweetener almost immediately. Then it becomes a creamy...” Read full tasting note
    MissB_Tea 1116 tasting notes
  • “Day 18! Darn you steepster!! Making it super difficult to find a tea. Most people would give up after it wouldn't come up in the find a tea search box. The rest would give up after manually...” Read full tasting note
    Lala1 765 tasting notes
  • “Advent calendar day 18. Rooibos. We meet again. I have learned that I'm just not much of a fan of herbals. I'll try them, sure, but I don't go out of my way to buy them anymore. They just...” Read full tasting note
    kellyhinton 779 tasting notes
  • “good morning! merry christmas! I have tried SO MANY TEAS over the past few days and haven't made notes for any, booooo :( So even though I don't like posting from my phone I'm gonna try to do it...” Read full tasting note
    shmiracles 739 tasting notes

From Dammann Freres

South African rooibos with ginger bread, bitter orange and black cherry flavours. A brilliant maelstrom of Christmas flavours enhanced with ginger bits, cloves, red berries and orange peels. (Brewing time: 4 to 5 minutes)

About Dammann Freres View company

This smells delicious, like juicy oranges, and it came out of Dammann Freres’ advent calendar.

I wasn’t a huge fan of it plain, so I added sweetener almost immediately. Then it becomes a creamy orange with a hint of cherry. I get few spices, but again that’s likely from my oversteeping issues of late.

Boiling 8 min or more

Day 18!

Darn you steepster!! Making it super difficult to find a tea. Most people would give up after it wouldn’t come up in the find a tea search box. The rest would give up after manually searching through all of Dammann’s teas on the site. But no… I am a tea addict (and proud to say it). I will attempt to add the tea, only to find out there is already a tea that exists by the same name that doesn’t come up anywhere else on the site. Whew!

Anyway, this tea is super delish. It quite reminds me of flocon d’epices. I think Dammann must have shares in hubba bubba gum because that is what all of their teas taste like for me. I get minimal rooibos taste. I definitely taste the black cherry and red fruits. I am not getting much ginger bread but the liquor is quite thick. I am getting a bit of clove but it is not too spicey and pleasantly sweet.

sounds interesting!

JoonSusanna

Haha. I do all of those things too! I added this last night so probably about the same time you were looking for it – for some reason it takes a bit for the tea to show up when you do a search for it, though…

Advent calendar day 18.

Rooibos. We meet again.

I have learned that I’m just not much of a fan of herbals. I’ll try them, sure, but I don’t go out of my way to buy them anymore. They just taste off to me now.

This is no exception. The dry leaf smells mostly of orange and clove but it also doesn’t definitively smell of tea. It has a medicinal smell that gets stronger when brewed (I’m thinking this may be due to the cherry.)

The taste (served with no additives) is okay – mostly orange. The mouthfeel is fine. I just really don’t like that medicinal note – I have to breathe through my mouth in order to take a sip.

Yeah, not wowed, but then I didn’t expect to be, really.

Stephanie

Bleh, rooibos ;)

good morning! merry christmas!
I have tried SO MANY TEAS over the past few days and haven’t made notes for any, booooo :(
So even though I don’t like posting from my phone I’m gonna try to do it more often.

Yesterday’s movies include 2 documentaries, ‘The Woodmans’ and ‘Cutie and The Boxer’. Both about artists. Both very good.
Today I’m gonna start with ‘56 up’. It’s a series where the filmmaker interviews the same group of British children every 7 years. When I worked at a video store in Philadelphia I got hooked.

I drank this tea last night as I watched an episode of ‘my cat from hell’ at 1am. I had just learned about it at dinner and I was curious. What can I say :)

MissB

7 Up (and all of the following years) is excellent!

Shmiracles

yesterday i got a friend newly hooked on the UP series too. and then today she got another person hooked! spreading the word…
it’s easy to recommend them when they are all on netflix. :)

Smells like orange and bubblegum, but mostly bubblegum! How strange. Wow, it tastes like bubblegum! Like woodsy bubblegum that leaves your mouth kinda dry. I’m not getting any of the flavors that are described. This is really weird and I don’t know what to make of it.