Tisane de Noël

Cinnamon, Cookie, Sweet
Edit tea info Last updated by JoonSusanna
Boiling 5 min, 30 sec 8 oz / 236 ml

From Dammann Freres

Herbal tea offering Christmas flavors in an exclusive blend of lemon balm, licorice and cocoa beans combined with a cocktail of spices. A celebratory drink to enjoy without restraint.

Brewing time: 6 minutes

About Dammann Freres View company

Day 22!

Back to delicious Dammann teas! Yumm! I agree with Dinosara, this one reminds me of a cookie. It is a hard and thin shortbread biscuit type cookie with Christmas spices like clove, cinnamon and nutmeg. It is super delicious. The liquor is sweet. I think it could have used a tiny bit of sweetener but I still didn’t add any. I get a bit of lemon balm in the aftertaste, it lingers for a while. But that is ok because the beforetaste is so good.

JustJames

this one sounds great.

2035 tasting notes

Dammann Advent Calendar, Day 22

Yay, I love this one. I even bought a box of sachets of this one, although I still rarely think of having a tisane in the evenings. Like tasty spiced christmas cookies! Yum.

damnit
i have a lot of teas to make notes on.
the ones that left an impression i can remember fairly well :)
but this one, not so much.

Terri HarpLady

I hate when that happens :)

oddree

I agree. Kind of a weird stevia aftertaste?

Day 22 of the Advent calendar. I’m now drinking them in whatever order I feel like and this evening I wanted something non caffeinated. This really does have quite the mix of flavors! I get mostly cardamon on the sip and cacao on the aftertaste with maybe a little ginger heat. I might be able to pick out some light licorice too. It is very well done and I’m surprised at how much I am enjoying it. I don’t know that I like it enough to purchase it, but it will be resteeped for all it is worth.

Dustin

Hmmm, second steep has more licorice.

Dammann Frères Advent Calendar – December 22nd

Ooh, I think this is the only tisane in the calendar. To be honest, I’m not sure what to expect. Inside the sachet I can see crushed green leaves along with cardamon pods, red peppercorns, and cinnamon bark. There are also some other things and some flower petals. Dry scent is sweet and spicy.

The steeped tea’s aroma reminds me of gingersnap cookies. I’m actually surprised by how mellow this tea is, especially given all the spices in it. And it really does reminds me of gingersnap cookies! I’m surprised that I can’t really taste the licorice root here, not even the sweetness from it. Yummy!

Flavors: Cinnamon, Cookie, Sweet