Flamingo Vanilla Chai

Black Chai Blend
Edit tea info Last updated by Jaime

• “I absolutely adore this stuff. Adore it. Tonight, I got it blended perfectly: no chunks of powder that didn't get dissolved, just the right temperature. I really, really want to try some of the...” Read full tasting note
    Madmama 902 tasting notes
  • “This blend of David Rio's chai is without sugar and caffeine and I can taste a big difference between this Flamingo Vanilla version and his original Tiger Spice Chai blend. A BIG difference. I...” Read full tasting note
    Emmdub 9 tasting notes

From David Rio

David Rio’s vanilla, decaffeinated sugar-free chai is a rich and creamy mixture of black tea and premium spices like cinnamon, cardamom and vanilla, made with zero calorie, zero carbs Splenda®. It is delicately blended into a convenient mix that makes an excellent gift as well as a perfect daily cup. Simply mix with hot water or milk.

About David Rio View company

I absolutely adore this stuff. Adore it. Tonight, I got it blended perfectly: no chunks of powder that didn’t get dissolved, just the right temperature. I really, really want to try some of the other flavors by this company. This is a vanilla, warm latte-like chai that’s DECAF!! Oh, yeah.

ashmanra

Ooooo, a decaf chai that tastes good! Exciting! Sometimes I really long for a bold flavor in the evening but can’t have it because of the caffeine.

Jaime

It’s not terribly bold…I’m not a big fan of POW spicy chais. This one’s more soft and smooth. Want me to send you a smidge (oh, and totally forgot to tell you, but the Queen arrived safely and is awaiting her moment of glory)?

This blend of David Rio’s chai is without sugar and caffeine and I can taste a big difference between this Flamingo Vanilla version and his original Tiger Spice Chai blend. A BIG difference. I don’t like this one near as much as the other (which earns a sold 100 from me, along with only one other tea). We bought this because my mother wanted to try my tiger chai but wanted one without the caffeine. Unfortunately for us, we cannot find the version of David Rio’s which is only caffeine free (which is called Giraffe Decaf Chai, in case you are interested), so we bought this one instead. It was a big disappointment for me because I have a long history with the Tiger Spice blend (it was the original chai tea blend from Borders back before they brought in Starbucks!)
I won’t be buying this one again, and neither will my mother, but I would try the Giraffe one.