Bai Hao Yin Zen

White Tea
Edit tea info Last updated by ms-miel

• “This is so good, you guys. So beautiful to look at, too. I know some of you might think that *Dexter3657* and I should probably start some mutual adoration society or something but I'm going to say...” Read full tasting note
    Littleelle 225 tasting notes
  • “It’s really the classic white tea, this is where it all started. I have definitely tasted something like this before… Well, all the flavored white teas have an underlying white tea flavor (kind of...” Read full tasting note
    mobe1 282 tasting notes

From David's Tea

This is a true luxury, considered by many to be China’s most famous white tea. To create it, only the downy, silvery unopened buds of the tea plant are picked by hand during the April harvest. How does this influence the flavour and aroma? Connoisseurs rave about its sweet complexity, and about an underlying grassy taste that makes it uniquely perfect.

About David's Tea View company

This is so good, you guys. So beautiful to look at, too. I know some of you might think that Dexter3657 and I should probably start some mutual adoration society or something but I’m going to say this anyway: Dex is an amazing friend. You see, it’s my birthday (soon) and since I was lusting for this tea that I would have likely never bought, or not in the foreseeable future, Dex sent me some, among other things.

I had this as a sample with purchase last time and I wished for more. The leaves are gorgeous so I brewed it in a glass gaiwan to see what’s up. Very pale brew and I still can’t tell what it tastes like any better than last time. Uncooked peaches and cream corn. Or something like that, sweet and green.

It seemed like 94C would be a bit high for a white so I did 190F (which is about 87c). No additives.

Thank you, Dexter3657 for this tea, for your thoughtfulness and for making me feel special.
Now I gotta go drink me some more tea :)

Bonnie

HAPPY ALMOST BIRTHDAY!

Nxtdoor

:) thank you, Bonnie.

It’s really the classic white tea, this is where it all started. I have definitely tasted something like this before… Well, all the flavored white teas have an underlying white tea flavor (kind of obvious) So that is probably why the tastes is so familiar to me.

However, this is not just any mainstream tea, it’s high quality, hand picked (apparently) and expensive. When you drink it, you can tell how incredibly high quality it is. On the website it says that it tastes sweet and grassy at the same time, but honestly, I don’t taste anything sweet; actually it’s a little bitter! But I definitely taste the grassy-ness.