The Earl's Garden

Bergamot, Earl Grey, Strawberry
Edit tea info Last updated by Carley

From David's Tea

When he wasn’t in China discovering secret tea recipes, Britain’s second Earl Grey lived at Howick Hall in England, just like his ancestors had done since 1319. And also like his ancestors, he was a keen gardener and outdoorsman. This tea would no doubt have suited him, with the characteristic black tea and bergamot highlighted by strawberries and essence of black currant.

About David's Tea View company

I’m not typically a fan of Earl Grey teas but this one I really enjoyed. It wasn’t overpowering as an earl grey flavour but it was still super yummy. I sadly only have 2 little pots from one of their special boxes (I think it was the Christmas countdown? Maybe the Easter one? I’m not sure). I still love it though and would definitely look into purchasing more. (Do they still sell this? I clearly don’t know much about this tea)

I love this Earl Grey. The strawberry flavouring is strong but definitely not overpowering. It’s a nice alternative to basic Earl Grey/black tea. I don’t find the strawberry flavouring to be too sweet or sickly. It is the perfect balance between fruity and rich flavour. Highly recommend!

Flavors: Bergamot, Earl Grey, Strawberry

5 min, 15 sec 1 tsp

My awesome dad went and got me the Easter Egg Hunt from Davidstea! I was so excited I could burst! I missed out on the Christmas calendars, so I was really happy to get the hunt.
This is the first tea in the path.

I’m not an Earl Grey fan. I’m really not. Most of the time I can’t get past the smell, then when I do, I can’t handle the taste. I don’t like bergamot.

BUT! This tea…? This tea is a surprise for me! I actually don’t hate it. I do get the bergamot and I do get the typical earl grey type of flavour, but it must be the strawberries I’m picking up on that are making this tea taste different and in a way that I don’t mind. Who would have guessed?! I got two steepings out of the cup I had yesterday and today I’m having another cup and will probably get another steeping out of it. Plus I have a tiny bit more that I’ll just mix with a plain tea I think.

Today’s flavour for the tea hunt is Chocolate Rocket. I don’t mind that tea, but I have to be in the right mood for it, which is very rare… So I guess we’ll see if I have that today or not. I’m also going to try and drink the third day to catch up which is Strawberry Rhubarb Parfait. Can’t wait for that one! I haven’t had that one in so long even though I have a bunch at home. Maybe this summer I’ll chill it and enjoy it that way?

Now if winter would just STOP coming our way, then I’d be one happy camper.

I guess I hate floral teas. I’ve tried a few and this just made me understand I hate them. Oh well :(

This is just an absolutely wonderful tea. So refreshing. One of few that I pretty much always drink straight.

I really love the flavours in this tea. The bergamot and fruit are balanced well. I don’t really enjoy berry flavours but for some reason, that’s the best part of this tea. It tastes great with milk and a little sweetener, but it’s pretty sweet on its own. I’ve never had it black so I’m not sure what that tastes like.

205 °F / 96 °C