Pumpkin Chai

Black Chai Blend
Black Tea, Caramel, Carrot, Cinnamon, Cloves, Lemon Peel, Natural Pumpkin Spice Flavor, Pumpkin Pieces
Pumpkin, Smoke, Cake, Spices, Cinnamon, Cloves, Molasses, Burnt, Caramel, Vanilla, Clove, Brown Sugar, Cream, Nutmeg, Candy, Sugar
Medium
Edit tea info Last updated by Patty L

From David's Tea

Let’s face it, the best thing about fall is pumpkin pie. And this spiced black tea is arguably just as delicious. It’s got all the warmth of cinnamon, pumpkin pieces, cloves and cardamom, plus the sweetness of caramel and pumpkin candy. For a true autumn treat, top it up with steamed milk and stir in a spoonful of brown sugar. It’ll make you wish it were fall all year round.

About David's Tea View company

Another tea brought by a well meaning family member.
I dont care for chai, but I do love all the spices that go into chai, so I keep trying them.
My mom made an absolutely delicious pumpkin ring, I though that this would go well with it. Wrong.
It was just weird. I had to spill out my cup.
It didnt taste like pumpkin, it kind of smelled like carrots. It had a sweet sort of fertilizer smell and the fruity flavor had an over ripe quality – not a good thing.

I’ve said it before and I will probably say it again – I will leave the chai spices to baking and curries.

K S

I’m with you. I just don’t ‘get’ chai.

Jenn E

Totally agree with you on this one! I actually normally like Chai and STILL didn’t like this tea! It tastes burnt to me… Yuck!

This was pretty good.

Boiling 5 min, 0 sec 2 tsp 16 OZ / 473 ML

It’s alright… it’s not as sweet as I was hoping.
It has a smokey aroma that I’m not too fond of. The straight tea tastes alright, but again a bit too smokey for me.

Turned it into a latte, and it’s passable but I wouldn’t buy this again. Smokey aroma and slightly smokey cardboard taste.

Flavors: Pumpkin, Smoke

This is the 2014 version please be advised! It was a lovely little pumpkin spike cake tea. It had a full creamy mouth feel and such an authentic flavour. It was a surprising treat! I really enjoyed it. I believe it came from Marzipan in one of my first transactions with her. She really is the most terrific person, in case you weren’t aware. :0)

Flavors: Cake, Pumpkin, Spices

Day #4 of tea!

Finally, a black tea, haha. This one is a classic DT offering I think, and a solid flavoured chai. It isn’t my favourite, and I don’t go gaga over it when it shows up in the fall collection, but I do enjoy a mug of it every now and again . Clearly, since I saved some of my stash to add to the advent calendar.

Alyssa

That’s a fun idea: Adding some of your stash to make your own advent calendar. :)

raven22

This is my second year doing it, and I love it! I get to try a bunch of new things and revist some flavours I haven’t had in ages. :)

A good, vibrant autumn favorite, with a nice mix of spice and sweet (although I admit, I would like more spice to bring out the chai). The little pumpkin candies are cute, but I’m not sure how much flavor they add. The aroma is incredible, and I’ve taken to adding a pinch more cinnamon to my cups.

Flavors: Cinnamon, Cloves, Molasses, Pumpkin

Tasted almost burnt to me… I suffered through this tea. Luckily one of my co-workers tried it yesterday and raved about it, so I’ll be passing it on to her. Wish I didn’t buy this one!

Flavors: Burnt

Boiling 5 min, 0 sec 2 tsp 16 OZ / 473 ML

Upon first sniff, I get flavors of pumpkin, caramel, vanilla, and spices. It’s so delicious, I just want to eat it up! The liquor itself is like a dark amber color. After brewing, the smell of spices are much more subdued. This chai isn’t as “spice heavy” as some other chai teas that I have tried in the past and I do appreciate that. The smell almost reminds me of a pumpkin cake which is very pleasant. You can really taste the pumpkin here and I also get just a subtle hint of butternut squash. It’s great with a little bit of sugar and milk, it really rounds out that pumpkin cake flavor that I get from this tea. I really enjoy this one overall! I have yet to try the mate in their Pumpkin Collection but I think this one is my favorite so far.

Flavors: Cake, Caramel, Pumpkin, Spices, Vanilla

This is a decent autumn tea. It reminds me of a freshly baked pumpkin pie with hints of cinnamon and clove flavours. I prefer my chai teas more spicy than this one though and found the caramel and pumpkin candy sweetness were almost masking the chai flavour (although it does get spicier as it cools). I preferred the spiced pumpkin (herbal) from David’s and the pumpkin spice (black) I had from Murchie’s over this one. Won’t have trouble finishing it, but I guess I was hoping for a better balance of the chai and pumpkin flavours.

Flavors: Caramel, Cinnamon, Cloves, Pumpkin, Spices

205 °F / 96 °C 7 min, 0 sec 5 g 12 OZ / 355 ML

In the past, I haven’t been the biggest fan of pumpkin anything, but all of sudden, I can’t get enough of it. That being said, I had high hopes for this tea. I absolutely loved the smell of it when I was in the store but decided on another tea, so I threw it into my online order later to try it out. I made the tea and…I’m not a fan. There’s no spice to this tea whatsoever, so you’re just left with a semi-tasteless black tea. I think I was picking more of the carrot and squash flavors, so it reminded me of the pumpkin mate that tastes like vegetable soup. I enjoy that tea, but that’s not what I’m looking for with this one. On the other hand, maybe I’m looking for something that’s more like a pumpkin spice latte? Who knows. I’m going to give this one another shot and see if maybe it’ll redeem itself.

Edit: I’m still not the biggest fan, but I like it more than when I first drank it. As with Stormy Night, I found that I needed to make my steep longer and sweeten with agave nectar. The result was a sweeter tea that I found much more enjoyable. However, it’s still lacking the spice that I expect with a chai tea which is a bummer.

Flavors: Caramel, Clove, Pumpkin