Pumpkin Chai

Black Chai Blend
Black Tea, Caramel, Carrot, Cinnamon, Cloves, Lemon Peel, Natural Pumpkin Spice Flavor, Pumpkin Pieces
Almond, Natural Pumpkin Spice Flavor, Pumpkin, Spices, Caramel, Chocolate, Cinnamon, Clove, Molasses, Nutmeg, White Chocolate, Cloves, Creamy, Lemon, Spicy, Tannin, Tea, Vanilla, Rooibos, Sweet, Carrot, Smoke, Cake, Burnt, Brown Sugar, Cream, Baked Bread, Cookie, Oats, Candy, Sugar
Medium
Edit tea info Last updated by Patty L

From David's Tea

Let’s face it, the best thing about fall is pumpkin pie. And this spiced black tea is arguably just as delicious. It’s got all the warmth of cinnamon, pumpkin pieces, cloves and cardamom, plus the sweetness of caramel and pumpkin candy. For a true autumn treat, top it up with steamed milk and stir in a spoonful of brown sugar. It’ll make you wish it were fall all year round.

About David's Tea View company

Another tea brought by a well meaning family member.
I dont care for chai, but I do love all the spices that go into chai, so I keep trying them.
My mom made an absolutely delicious pumpkin ring, I though that this would go well with it. Wrong.
It was just weird. I had to spill out my cup.
It didnt taste like pumpkin, it kind of smelled like carrots. It had a sweet sort of fertilizer smell and the fruity flavor had an over ripe quality – not a good thing.

I’ve said it before and I will probably say it again – I will leave the chai spices to baking and curries.

K S

I’m with you. I just don’t ‘get’ chai.

Jenn E

Totally agree with you on this one! I actually normally like Chai and STILL didn’t like this tea! It tastes burnt to me… Yuck!

A mellow pumpkin chai

Flavors: Almond, Natural Pumpkin Spice Flavor, Pumpkin, Spices

Hello Pumpkin Pie!
Loving this sweet and bold blend. It smells like pumpkin pie spice and tastes even better! Not artificial tasting, but balanced with notes of caramel, molasses, cinnamon, nutmeg, and clove. Goodbye Starbucks pumpkin spice latte, hello Pumpkin Chai!

Flavors: Caramel, Chocolate, Cinnamon, Clove, Molasses, Natural Pumpkin Spice Flavor, Nutmeg, White Chocolate

This tea smell’s divine. I love the smell. You can smell the pumpkin and the spices. The flavour was good, there was a subtle pumpkin taste with a stronger chai tea taste. My final thoughts: It is a good evening tea.

One of those teas that I can’t live without! It’s spicy and smooth. The pumpkin spice flavour is excellent. I always stock up with 400 grams or more every fall when it is back in stock to last me the year. Makes a wonderful latte! One of my many favourite things about fall.

Tabby

Hey, thanks for the add and welcome to Steepster!

It’s been a long time since I had this tea.
I never LOVEd it, but after some time apart it’s delicious!
Also I will have a late night tonight. I have a lot of office work to get done.
I’ve also spent way too much time listening to the Sword and Stone podcast. Procrastination capital P.

Sample from Hoálatha

Work tea note: “Sweet, nutty, spicy (nutmeg), vanilla, and rooibos. Kind of artificial, but nothing too terrible; the good type of artificial. Cold at work, so this is nice.”

Flavors: Nutmeg, Rooibos, Spices, Sweet, Vanilla

Tastes like fall! I don’t much of the typical chai flavors though, it’s not very spicy. What it tastes like is sweet pumpkin black tea. And I’m ok with that. It’s actually my favorite of the Book of Spells sampler.

The dry mix smells spicy but in a spice cabinet, savoury way. Once steeping I smell definite cinnamon, almost an apple cinnamon even though there is no apple in this (reminds me a bit of cinnamon instant oatmeal scent). It turns into a sweet spicy scent when brewing.
I added milk to mine as I pretty much always drink black teas with milk. With milk added this has a similar colour to Twinnings Earl Grey tea bags.

Very very very mild flavour to me right now. It is nice, but I’m guessing I’d need to steep for longer and add more tea for the amount of flavour I usually get in black teas. I’m having trouble picking out notes since it’s so mild. I might actually try this black the next time I make it to see if I get more flavour out of it. I don’t usually like the added bitterness from straight black tea but this is so mild I think it may not be too much of a problem.

I didn’t want to add too much tea as I don’t tolerate caffeine as well anymore. It also probably doesn’t help that I had a hot chocolate about 8 hours ago and burned my tongue a bit. >:(

(Edit: I drank a bit more after writing this review and I did notice more flavour, but it was still a very mild flavour. Mild black tea with cinnamon. Nice, but I prefer stronger flavour in my tea.)

6 min, 0 sec 2 tsp 16 OZ / 470 ML

A ‘mild’ chai with fall spices. Good for people who don’t like strong chai? Maybe. But also has a weird ‘fake’ flavour, probably due to the sweetness.

I like it alot, but recognize that it is maybe not the best chai in the world….