Pumpkin Chai

Black Chai Blend
Black Tea, Caramel, Carrot, Cinnamon, Cloves, Lemon Peel, Natural Pumpkin Spice Flavor, Pumpkin Pieces
Caramel, Cinnamon, Clove, Cloves, Creamy, Lemon, Natural Pumpkin Spice Flavor, Spices, Spicy, Tannin, Tea, Vanilla, Nutmeg, Rooibos, Sweet, Molasses, Pumpkin, Carrot, Smoke, Cake, Burnt, Brown Sugar, Cream, Baked Bread, Cookie, Oats, Candy, Sugar
Medium
Edit tea info Last updated by Patty L

• “Another tea brought by a well meaning family member. I dont care for chai, but I do love all the spices that go into chai, so I keep trying them. My mom made an absolutely delicious pumpkin ring,...” Read full tasting note
    dcs121989 35 tasting notes
  • “It’s been a long time since I had this tea. I never LOVEd it, but after some time apart it’s delicious! Also I will have a late night tonight. I have a lot of office work to get...” Read full tasting note
    shmiracles 766 tasting notes
  • Sample from Hoálatha Work tea note: “Sweet, nutty, spicy (nutmeg), vanilla, and rooibos. Kind of artificial, but nothing too terrible; the good type of artificial. Cold at...” Read full tasting note
    Rufus 167 tasting notes
  • “Tastes like fall! I don’t much of the typical chai flavors though, it’s not very spicy. What it tastes like is sweet pumpkin black tea. And I’m ok with that. It’s actually...” Read full tasting note
    AmyB 43 tasting notes

From David's Tea

Let’s face it, the best thing about fall is pumpkin pie. And this spiced black tea is arguably just as delicious. It’s got all the warmth of cinnamon, pumpkin pieces, cloves and cardamom, plus the sweetness of caramel and pumpkin candy. For a true autumn treat, top it up with steamed milk and stir in a spoonful of brown sugar. It’ll make you wish it were fall all year round.

About David's Tea View company

Another tea brought by a well meaning family member.
My mom made an absolutely delicious pumpkin ring, I though that this would go well with it. Wrong.
It was just weird. I had to spill out my cup.
It didnt taste like pumpkin, it kind of smelled like carrots. It had a sweet sort of fertilizer smell and the fruity flavor had an over ripe quality – not a good thing.

I’ve said it before and I will probably say it again – I will leave the chai spices to baking and curries.

K S

I’m with you. I just don’t ‘get’ chai.

Jenn E

Totally agree with you on this one! I actually normally like Chai and STILL didn’t like this tea! It tastes burnt to me… Yuck!

It’s been a long time since I had this tea.
I never LOVEd it, but after some time apart it’s delicious!
Also I will have a late night tonight. I have a lot of office work to get done.
I’ve also spent way too much time listening to the Sword and Stone podcast. Procrastination capital P.

Sample from Hoálatha

Work tea note: “Sweet, nutty, spicy (nutmeg), vanilla, and rooibos. Kind of artificial, but nothing too terrible; the good type of artificial. Cold at work, so this is nice.”

Flavors: Nutmeg, Rooibos, Spices, Sweet, Vanilla

Tastes like fall! I don’t much of the typical chai flavors though, it’s not very spicy. What it tastes like is sweet pumpkin black tea. And I’m ok with that. It’s actually my favorite of the Book of Spells sampler.

The dry mix smells spicy but in a spice cabinet, savoury way. Once steeping I smell definite cinnamon, almost an apple cinnamon even though there is no apple in this (reminds me a bit of cinnamon instant oatmeal scent). It turns into a sweet spicy scent when brewing.
I added milk to mine as I pretty much always drink black teas with milk. With milk added this has a similar colour to Twinnings Earl Grey tea bags.

Very very very mild flavour to me right now. It is nice, but I’m guessing I’d need to steep for longer and add more tea for the amount of flavour I usually get in black teas. I’m having trouble picking out notes since it’s so mild. I might actually try this black the next time I make it to see if I get more flavour out of it. I don’t usually like the added bitterness from straight black tea but this is so mild I think it may not be too much of a problem.

I didn’t want to add too much tea as I don’t tolerate caffeine as well anymore. It also probably doesn’t help that I had a hot chocolate about 8 hours ago and burned my tongue a bit. >:(

(Edit: I drank a bit more after writing this review and I did notice more flavour, but it was still a very mild flavour. Mild black tea with cinnamon. Nice, but I prefer stronger flavour in my tea.)

6 min, 0 sec 2 tsp 16 OZ / 470 ML

A ‘mild’ chai with fall spices. Good for people who don’t like strong chai? Maybe. But also has a weird ‘fake’ flavour, probably due to the sweetness.

I like it alot, but recognize that it is maybe not the best chai in the world….

This is pretty much the only chai that I actually like. It’s mild and not over powered with heavy spice. Most chai’s are too spicy for my liking and offend my senses, leading to a choking/gagging reflex. Chai = unpleasant, in most of my experiences. This tea is right up my alley. Sweet pumpkin pie flavour, yum! I added some honey and almond milk which made it even more delectable. I love this tea. It’s everything a tea should be. Comforting and helps you wind down and relax. I just got my free 50 gram bag using my points at David’s Tea and I was more than happy to chose this as my flavour pick. Perfect tea for settling into Autumn with. I also ordered a lip butter in the same flavour!

Flavors: Caramel, Molasses, Pumpkin, Spices, Sweet, Vanilla

I had this one the other day when I went into the store. I decided to live life on the edge a little and get this in latte form…

I had high hopes for Pumpkin Chai cause 1. I LOVE pumpkin and 2. Chai ain’t half bad either.

I also liked that the smell really reminded me of Glitter & Gold. It almost smelled identical and you could easily mistake one for the other if you had a blindfold on.

Sad to say that I was a little disappointed with the latte. There was waaaayyy too much milk. It really took over the tea and all I could taste was dairy. I did get a hint of a chai aftertaste but I definitely could not taste any pumpkin in there at all.

This was the first time I had a latte at DT and I’m wondering if all their lattes are made super milky or if mine just happened to be that way?

I am a bit of a pumpkin spice season hater, but my boyfriend loves pumpkin spice, and so off I went to get him this tea…. and discovered that I liked it quite a bit myself.

As with most of the David’s Tea purchases I’ve made, I find that I need quite a bit of leaf in the bag to get the tea to my liking, but once you add some milk and a dash of sugar, this becomes a comforting, spicy, caramel-pumpkin-nutmeg-flavored cup. One of my new favorite fall teas.

Flavors: Caramel, Carrot, Cinnamon, Nutmeg, Pumpkin, Spices

Boiling 6 min, 0 sec 1 tsp

Now this is a FANTASTIC pumpkin chai. Wow. It was so much better than I imagined. Really, really pumpkiny — real pumpkin. The loose leaf is so colourful and autumnal. Unlike most chais it isn’t just black tea and spices — it is predominantly pumpkin!

I love all of Davids Teas packaging for this Pumpkin Chai with two different containers (50g in a pretty orange mini tin and the 100g collector’s tin).

I bought 100g but I can easily see myself coming back for more over the next few months!

Flavors: Pumpkin