Pumpkin Chai

Black Chai Blend
Black Tea, Caramel, Carrot, Cinnamon, Cloves, Lemon Peel, Natural Pumpkin Spice Flavor, Pumpkin Pieces
Pumpkin, Caramel, Cinnamon, Molasses, Smoke, Cake, Spices, Cloves, Burnt, Vanilla, Clove, Brown Sugar, Cream, Nutmeg, Baked Bread, Cookie, Natural Pumpkin Spice Flavor, Oats, Candy, Sugar
Medium
Edit tea info Last updated by Patty L

From David's Tea

Let’s face it, the best thing about fall is pumpkin pie. And this spiced black tea is arguably just as delicious. It’s got all the warmth of cinnamon, pumpkin pieces, cloves and cardamom, plus the sweetness of caramel and pumpkin candy. For a true autumn treat, top it up with steamed milk and stir in a spoonful of brown sugar. It’ll make you wish it were fall all year round.

About David's Tea View company

Another tea brought by a well meaning family member.
I dont care for chai, but I do love all the spices that go into chai, so I keep trying them.
My mom made an absolutely delicious pumpkin ring, I though that this would go well with it. Wrong.
It was just weird. I had to spill out my cup.
It didnt taste like pumpkin, it kind of smelled like carrots. It had a sweet sort of fertilizer smell and the fruity flavor had an over ripe quality – not a good thing.

I’ve said it before and I will probably say it again – I will leave the chai spices to baking and curries.

K S

I’m with you. I just don’t ‘get’ chai.

Jenn E

Totally agree with you on this one! I actually normally like Chai and STILL didn’t like this tea! It tastes burnt to me… Yuck!

Now this is a FANTASTIC pumpkin chai. Wow. It was so much better than I imagined. Really, really pumpkiny — real pumpkin. The loose leaf is so colourful and autumnal. Unlike most chais it isn’t just black tea and spices — it is predominantly pumpkin!

I love all of Davids Teas packaging for this Pumpkin Chai with two different containers (50g in a pretty orange mini tin and the 100g collector’s tin).

I bought 100g but I can easily see myself coming back for more over the next few months!

Flavors: Pumpkin

I’m a tea newbie, and this was a wonderful place to start. Its subtle flavor was excellent, and while I didn’t taste a whole lot of pumpkin, it had an amazing vanilla-like aroma. Going to be a staple in my cupboard, that’s for sure.

This is my absolute favourite tea. I only drink teas straight and it is just the right amount of sweetness for me.

Flavors: Caramel, Cinnamon, Pumpkin

190 °F / 87 °C 8 min or more 2 tsp 17 OZ / 500 ML

This is one of my autumn favourites. I usually pick up a tin of this when it starts to get cool in September. To me it tastes like pumpkin pie with a smooth chai finish. I usually drink this with a splash of milk. This one is a staple in my tea stash.

Flavors: Caramel, Molasses, Pumpkin

This was pretty good.

Boiling 5 min, 0 sec 2 tsp 16 OZ / 473 ML

It’s alright… it’s not as sweet as I was hoping.
It has a smokey aroma that I’m not too fond of. The straight tea tastes alright, but again a bit too smokey for me.

Turned it into a latte, and it’s passable but I wouldn’t buy this again. Smokey aroma and slightly smokey cardboard taste.

Flavors: Pumpkin, Smoke

This is the 2014 version please be advised! It was a lovely little pumpkin spike cake tea. It had a full creamy mouth feel and such an authentic flavour. It was a surprising treat! I really enjoyed it. I believe it came from Marzipan in one of my first transactions with her. She really is the most terrific person, in case you weren’t aware. :0)

Flavors: Cake, Pumpkin, Spices

Day #4 of tea!

Finally, a black tea, haha. This one is a classic DT offering I think, and a solid flavoured chai. It isn’t my favourite, and I don’t go gaga over it when it shows up in the fall collection, but I do enjoy a mug of it every now and again . Clearly, since I saved some of my stash to add to the advent calendar.

Alyssa

That’s a fun idea: Adding some of your stash to make your own advent calendar. :)

raven22

This is my second year doing it, and I love it! I get to try a bunch of new things and revist some flavours I haven’t had in ages. :)

A good, vibrant autumn favorite, with a nice mix of spice and sweet (although I admit, I would like more spice to bring out the chai). The little pumpkin candies are cute, but I’m not sure how much flavor they add. The aroma is incredible, and I’ve taken to adding a pinch more cinnamon to my cups.

Flavors: Cinnamon, Cloves, Molasses, Pumpkin