Chocolate chili chai

Chocolate, Pepper, Spices, Cinnamon, Clove, Nutmeg, Nutty, Sweet, Cloves, Dark Chocolate, Peppercorn, Spicy
Edit tea info Last updated by Isserly

From David's Tea

Black tea, chocolate bits, red peppercorns, lily petals, aleppo chili, ancho chili, natural and artificial flavouring*.

About David's Tea View company

A girlfriend of mine is a huge fan of this flavor so I had to get it. It’s has a balanced mix of milk chocolate, chai spices, and just a hint of pepper. Really good, I have to agree with her. Just wonderful blend.

Flavors: Chocolate, Pepper, Spices

Boiling 5 min, 0 sec 3 tsp 16 OZ / 473 ML

I finally got to visit a David’s Tea store! I ordered this tea as a latte. It was very good. A nice chocolate flavor with a hint of spicy chili. It was a nice cup of chai to keep me warm, but not good enough to buy for my stash.

One of my all time favorites. Sweet, chocolatey accented perfectly with chai spices.

Flavors: Chocolate, Cinnamon, Clove, Nutmeg, Nutty, Sweet

5 min, 0 sec 2 tsp 10 OZ / 295 ML

Another one of my favourite teas to sip in the cold months of fall and winter. I usually like to drink it in the morning, as it gives me a bit of a pick me up and wakes me up with the chili chai flavouring.

Flavors: Cloves, Dark Chocolate, Peppercorn

2 tsp 6 OZ / 177 ML

This is another awesome tea! I always take my chocolate teas with milk and sugar and this is no exception!

The first time i had this was on a cold snowy day in December. My Sis in law said to try it as a tea latte so i did.

Wow! What a kick in the pants! It put that chilly day out of my mind!
This is one that i pull out when ever its snowing. It’s helps pump me back up!

Flavors: Chocolate, Spices

I really liked this one. I added milk as the black tea was strong for me and it tasted like a weak hot chocolate. It wasn’t overly spicy but subtle. Nice as a holiday tea and will buy more next season.

Flavors: Chocolate, Spicy

Boiling 7 min, 0 sec 3 tsp 16 OZ / 473 ML

I like this tea. Chocolatey with a nice bite, sort of like Mexican Chocolate.

Boiling 5 min, 0 sec 1 tsp 8 OZ / 236 ML

I was feeling a little sick this morning, I wanted a little pick me up with a little spice, this tea helped clear up some stuffiness and I could still taste the chocolate goodness despite my cold :)

Flavors: Chocolate, Spicy

Megan

Sounds like the perfect tea when you’re feeling kind of sick :)

David’s Chocolate Chili Chai is the reason I joined Steepster … just to write this review. This tea is sublime! A little bit about my tastes: I drink coffee, love spicy foods, red wine, and chocolate. This tea is great first thing on a misty morning, or sitting at my desk on a winter evening watching the snow fall. It’s sublime. As I am writing this, I have finished my cup but the scent of this tea still lingers the air. David’s Tea should start making candles! Unbelievably yummy. Two things I would like to note: I used an 8 oz mug and I like a little more tea than the average bear: I use a tablespoon. The flavor makes the more rapid dwindling of my stash so worth it. I can always get more. And I will. :) A million stars.

I have tried this tea both as just a tea and as a chai tea as the name suggests. As a chai tea I can taste the chocolate and and just a note of chili. Nothing to make it spicy, but to just enhance the chocolate. As a tea, it reminds me of Chocolate Rocket.

Books recommended for this tea are: The Black Dahlia by James Ellroy, Frankenstein by Mary Shelley, & Mystic River by Denis Lehane