Chocolate chili chai

Edit tea info Last updated by Isserly

From David's Tea

Black tea, chocolate bits, red peppercorns, lily petals, aleppo chili, ancho chili, natural and artificial flavouring*.

About David's Tea View company

David’s Chocolate Chili Chai is the reason I joined Steepster … just to write this review. This tea is sublime! A little bit about my tastes: I drink coffee, love spicy foods, red wine, and chocolate. This tea is great first thing on a misty morning, or sitting at my desk on a winter evening watching the snow fall. It’s sublime. As I am writing this, I have finished my cup but the scent of this tea still lingers the air. David’s Tea should start making candles! Unbelievably yummy. Two things I would like to note: I used an 8 oz mug and I like a little more tea than the average bear: I use a tablespoon. The flavor makes the more rapid dwindling of my stash so worth it. I can always get more. And I will. :) A million stars.

I have tried this tea both as just a tea and as a chai tea as the name suggests. As a chai tea I can taste the chocolate and and just a note of chili. Nothing to make it spicy, but to just enhance the chocolate. As a tea, it reminds me of Chocolate Rocket.

Books recommended for this tea are: The Black Dahlia by James Ellroy, Frankenstein by Mary Shelley, & Mystic River by Denis Lehane

Not quite enough chocolate or chili, but tasty and warming.

The chocolate in this tea is mostly what I taste, the chili is subtle on the tip of my tongue. Don’t know why they include chai in the name as there isn’t any flavour of chai present. Like but wouldn’t buy again, would rather save the space in my cupboard for something with more depth.