Genmaicha

Green Tea, Popped Rice
Low
Edit tea info Last updated by Verba Aut Mori

1 Tasting Note View all

• “GCTTB2 I feel like I am on the wrong page as there are no other reviews for this one... I had this one a few days ago and forgot to review it but kept meaning to. It smells like a genmaicha....” Read full tasting note
    Lala1 765 tasting notes

From David's Tea

Some people call Genmaicha popcorn tea because it contains whole roasted grains of brown rice, some of which have popped. Others call it the Rice Krispie of green teas. Either way, genmaicha was originally drunk by poor Japanese who used the rice as a filler because they couldn’t afford enough tea leaves. It soon became all the rage. Today, everyone is addicted to its sweet, toasted rice flavour. (MK Kosher)

About David's Tea View company

1 Tasting Note

GCTTB2

I feel like I am on the wrong page as there are no other reviews for this one…

I had this one a few days ago and forgot to review it but kept meaning to. It smells like a genmaicha. Seaweedy green tea with a popcorny scent.

The taste is ok. It is a what I would describe as a basic genmaicha. The green tea is strong, not bitter, but I would like it to be a lot smoother than it is. There is a definite popcorn flavour, and distinct from the popcorn there is a buckwheat type flavour as well. I think this tea is missing just a bit of smoothness and sweetness.