Coco Chai Rooibos

Chai Herbal Rooibos Blend
Cardamom, Cinnamon, Cloves, Coconut, Ginger, Pink Peppercorn, Rooibos
Cinnamon, Cloves, Coconut, Peppercorn, Smooth, Spicy, Tropical, Artificial, Wood, Cardamon, Honey, Milk
Bulk, Loose Leaf
Caffeine Free
Edit tea info Last updated by madametj

• “This tea is delicious, slightly spicy, sweet and warm. It would be great as a latte. Steep for a longer time for a deeper, stronger flavour. Add some honey and it’s great. This almost reminds...” Read full tasting note
    tea033 8 tasting notes
  • “Now that Exotica was discontinued, Coco Chai moved up into #1 spot of my teas. I love the little peppercorns and the flavor they inject into teas, and this mix of coconut and rooibos works...” Read full tasting note
    radiancia 21 tasting notes
  • “Sipdown. Added the rest of sample packer to my steeper. I got a lot of artifical taste from this previously, so I added milk to hopefully mask it. It’s still not a great tea. I stopped...” Read full tasting note
    hawkband1 219 tasting notes
  • “Second and last sample of this. Tea latte: 2 tsp (the entire contents of the second and last sample) in 1 cup of boiling water for 10 minutes. 1 1/3 cups of warm milk with 2 tsp of sugar was added....” Read full tasting note
    KKpeltzer 264 tasting notes

From David's Tea

If you’re into spice-based chais, this one is for you. It’s got a smooth base of caffeine-free rooibos, and a satisfying kick of cinnamon, ginger, cardamom and piquant red peppercorns. Plus there’s a strong hint of coconut, for a slightly exotic twist. Try it straight up or infused in hot milk for a truly fabulous chai latte. It’s the kind of thing you get addicted to.

About David's Tea View company

This tea is delicious, slightly spicy, sweet and warm. It would be great as a latte. Steep for a longer time for a deeper, stronger flavour. Add some honey and it’s great. This almost reminds me of a Christmas tea.

Flavors: Cinnamon, Cloves, Coconut, Peppercorn, Smooth, Spicy, Tropical

8 min or more

Now that Exotica was discontinued, Coco Chai moved up into #1 spot of my teas. I love the little peppercorns and the flavor they inject into teas, and this mix of coconut and rooibos works perfectly together for a mildly spiced chai that still retains some sweetness. When I don’t have a particular tea craving or can’t decide what I feel like having, Coco Chai always fits the bill. Its a tea that always tastes good, always satisfies and I hope it doesn’t get discontinued! Davids tea has been discontinuing too many teas too quickly lately!!

I stopped drinking rooibos a few years ago and I am now finding that I don’t care for it. Giving me weird woody aftertaste.

Flavors: Artificial, Wood

Second and last sample of this.

Tea latte: 2 tsp (the entire contents of the second and last sample) in 1 cup of boiling water for 10 minutes. 1 1/3 cups of warm milk with 2 tsp of sugar was added. This is MUCH better this way. I think I should just stop trying to drink chai teas plain. Not bad for a cold night.

Gosh darn it, I thought this would be a sipdown but somehow I never added this sample to my cupboard. It’s fine. IT’S FINE.

It’s heading into winter in little old Hobart town and the air has gotten quite crisp in the last couple of weeks (WELCOME, WINTER!!!). It’s a nice quiet Monday night on the desk at work so I’ve brewed this up to sip while watching My Shows.

Uh… it’s really tasty? Not sure why the negativity from others, I’m not getting any overwhelmingly punchy spice, it all sits nicely and it smells LOVELY. I brewed in a pot with maybe 3/4 hot water, 1/4 steamed milk, added a little bit of honey and yum! Just what I wanted it to be for this kind of weather.

How has this had such bad ratings?!!! This is the perfect tea! Add some honey and a splash of milk and it’s pure heaven! This will always be in stock for me. It’s divine!

Flavors: Cardamon, Cinnamon, Honey, Milk

Boiling 8 min or more 2 tsp 16 OZ / 473 ML

I thought this would be a nice variation on a Chai tea. Sadly, it was so bad that I threw away the entire package. It had some flavor that was just off-putting – perhaps a strong Caradmon? I am not sure – and I love Chai – just not this Chai. At all.

This is a bold chai! No surprise that it came from the spice-loving Virginia :-). The star of the show is cinnamon for sure. I also get some cardamom with some chocolate whispers to end the sip. Underneath that…..the dreaded rooibos! It sours this tea some for me although the flavors are bold enough to almost overpower that taste…almost. I won’t rate this since I am not a fan of rooibos.