Classic Chai

Black Chai Blend
Caramel, Cardamon, Cinnamon, Clove, Ginger
Edit tea info Last updated by AncientMusic47

• “Chaiday 6 of 6: Let me start by saying that I am a tea lightweight. I usually only drink 3 teas a day. I knew it was going to be crazy of me to try 6 in one day, but I really want to make some...” Read full tasting note
    Hoalatha 140 tasting notes
  • “This is a deep, rich, spicy tea. It’s so heavy to the spices that the tea base doesn’t really shine as much as I would like. Whole cardamom, cloves, orange peel and cinnamon pieces are...” Read full tasting note
    AncientMusic47 1 tasting notes

From Davidson's Tea

Product description not available yet.

About Davidson's Tea View company

Chaiday 6 of 6:
Let me start by saying that I am a tea lightweight. I usually only drink 3 teas a day. I knew it was going to be crazy of me to try 6 in one day, but I really want to make some headway into my stash reviews.

I knew that at this point, with my blood made more of cinnamon and black tea than platelets, that I would be tired of tasting and reviewing chai. Even now, the idea of Christmas spices makes me want to run and hide. However, I promised that I would review 6 chais today, so the show must go on.

This tea has always smelled wonderful to me. The blend smells spicy and sweet. I’m wondering what the leaves are coated with—they’re sticky with whatever it is. The spice is nice and strong, and the base makes itself well-known. There’s also a sweet, kind of caramel flavor. I’m glad the orange isn’t too strong, as I like to stay away from citrus, as you’ve probably heard by now.

Flavors: Caramel, Cardamon, Cinnamon, Clove, Ginger

Fjellrev

Sounds fantastic!

This is a deep, rich, spicy tea. It’s so heavy to the spices that the tea base doesn’t really shine as much as I would like. Whole cardamom, cloves, orange peel and cinnamon pieces are richly interspersed with the leaves. It reminds me of holiday baking- but the exotic notes of cardamom add their own layer to the brew.

I have a habit of drinking my chai as I would any black tea- straight up, no milk, no sugar. This chai is a bit strong for my taste without the additives. It’s truly meant to be traditionally brewed as a chai- the robust spiciness still shines strong underneath the milk and sugar, unlike some other chai blends I have tried. Some of the spices (I believe the cloves are guilty) can add a bitter taste if steeped too far beyond 4 minutes.

I personally prefer more tea flavor, but this is a pleasant jaunt away from my constant black tea drinking.