White Peony

Edit tea info Last updated by TeaEqualsBliss

From Davidson's

100% Organic White Peony
WHITE PEONY TEA
refers to tea that is hand-harvested from the uppermost part of the tea plant, and White Peony Tea specifically refers to a plucking of buds with two leaves intact. Least processed of all the teas, white teas are thought to have higher polyphenol (antioxidant) content than even green teas. Researchers feel that white tea may offer potent health benefits. White tea has less caffeine than either black or green tea, and can be steeped longer. In addition, you can make at least 2 cups of tea with a White tea bag. White Tea has a delicious chocolate-like character.

About Davidson's View company

I actually tried this loose leaf, but since there really is no reason to add a new tea profile for this (and I’m lazy), I’ll go with this one. On dry scent alone, I didn’t know what to expect. This is probably why I’m not a sommelier, for – upon sight – I would’ve said this was a Darjeeling white. It had a nut-spice scent to it which also supported that theory. When infused, though, it took on the melon-like, buttery characteristics of a good Bai Mu Dan. Worth your valuable tea time.

Full Review: http://www.teaviews.com/2010/12/23/review-davidon%E2%80%99s-tea-white-peony/

At first I was going to give this a thumbs down but then I steeped extra long and made sure I smooshed everything I could out of the teabag. Next to no scent. Light in color and not strong at all. You can taste a little floral sample but it certainly doesn’t stand up to the description so I will stand neutral on this one