Mountain Copper Oolong

Oolong Tea
Edit tea info Last updated by Auggy

• “All I remember about having this one before was that it was bitter and not good. So I dropped the temp to 195° and did a shorter steep time. And I used all the reaming leaf I had so I’ll never...” Read full tasting note
    aug3zimm 911 tasting notes
  • “I have held off on reviewing this because I just did not know what to say. It is not a bad tasting tea. I see others have reviewed this and reported it to be bitter or have strange flavors. I...” Read full tasting note
    hesperjune 168 tasting notes

From Davidson's

A silver tipped Indian oolong with a nutty-woodsy flavor. This beautifully formed Indian high-grown, white tipped oolong is a Davidson`s exclusive. Equisite claret-like, buttery aroma and flavor with a clear copper color.

Prepration: Using water just under the boiling point, steep for 3-4 minutes.

About Davidson's View company

All I remember about having this one before was that it was bitter and not good. So I dropped the temp to 195° and did a shorter steep time. And I used all the reaming leaf I had so I’ll never have to have this tea again.

Which is good because, even though this was made with lower temp water and a lower steep time, there is still this unpleasant bitterness that builds in my mouth after a sip. The tea itself doesn’t taste bitter, it’s just the aftertaste that shows up a second or two after each swallow.

Meh. It’s not as horrible as I remember it being but it certainly isn’t fun. And since the bitterness just seems to be getting worse as this cools, the rest of this cup is getting tossed out.

I have held off on reviewing this because I just did not know what to say.
It is not a bad tasting tea.
I have not found that, in fact I wish it did have more character.
It just kind of tastes like a very weakly brewed black tea.
It does not smell like an Oolong, and certainly has no Oolong flavors.
I have tried different brewing temps and times and also have tried increasing the amount of tea-to-cup ratio to no avail.
It is just a pleasant reddish-brown colored liquid that tastes remotely like weak tea water.
I see no reason to purchase this tea again in my future.