Forever Nuts

Fruit Herbal Blend
Almond, Apple, Artificial Flavouring, Beet Root, Cinnamon
Almond, Apple, Brown Sugar, Butter, Cinnamon, Nuts, Caramel, Coconut, Honey, Honeydew, Stewed Fruits, Vanilla, Baked Bread, Berries, Cream, Earth
Loose Leaf, Sachet
Caffeine Free
Edit tea info Last updated by madametj

• “Mmmm, I like all these "Forever Nuts" type of teas with the apple/cinnamon/nut combinations. Though, to be honest the only reason I picked this one out of the other similar ones I have right now is...” Read full tasting note
    roswellstrange 1684 tasting notes
  • “I was reading tasting notes, and Christina mentioned mixing this tea with something else to change the aftertaste. She suggested Creme Caramel Rooibos, which I don't have, so I mixed 1 tbsp this...” Read full tasting note
    OMGsrsly 1365 tasting notes
  • “I think it's been decided that I prefer this over Mom's Apple Pie. (thanks *OMGsrsly*) And Mulberry Magic over Pistachio Cream. And lots of teas over Sugar and Spice. And the Pumpkin Chai is...” Read full tasting note
    cavocorax 1617 tasting notes
  • “Easy sip down! I enjoyed the last of it with some half-and-half (like a lighter cream). It tones down the apple and brought out the nuts and cinnamon more. Yay! I'd totally buy more in the future,...” Read full tasting note
    fjellrev 757 tasting notes

From DAVIDsTEA

For almond lovers

It looks all normal when it’s loose. But steep it and you’ll see that it’s nuts. Within seconds, this tempting jumble of almond slices and chunks, apple bits and cinnamon bark starts turning a crazy shade of pink. Why? Because it contains a hint of beetroot. That’s what gives this rich almond tea its earthy depth and its all-natural signature colour. Deliciously nutty, decidedly addictive. Caffeine-free.

Ingredients: Apple, almonds, cinnamon, beetroot and artificial flavouring*.

About DAVIDsTEA View company

Don’t know how I feel about this was. It seemed a little bland for my tastes. I plan on trying more of it the next time I steep to see if that improves it :)

Boiling 5 min, 30 sec 3 tsp 16 OZ / 473 ML

This is the only tea that I’ve eaten, with my fingers, in all of its soggy goodness, after about three piping hot steeps to get every last drop of flavouring out of it. A fan favourite, Forever Nuts adds a good sweet but still authentically nutty flavouring to any combination of teas. I purchased it as a new DavidsTea customer, and it was sold to me by a green employee who told me “it’s really pretty when it steeps pink and sparkly.” What really got me, once I actually brought it home to try it, was the smell. I have a peanut allergy (but not to any other nuts) so I was skeptical of making myself a nut-based beverage. It doesn’t smell like nuts but rather like cane sugar, honey, vanilla, and even strawberries. If this tea is too sweet for you, steep it a bit longer to get a stronger flavour with nuttier undertones. Also makes a great iced tea without any flavouring needed, but if you must, I suggest honey.

Flavors: Coconut, Honey, Honeydew, Stewed Fruits, Vanilla

So, about 2 hours ago I found out that a job I really wanted went to another candidate. I’m still upset, and also a little freaked out that it’s taking me so long to find a job.

Anyways. I’m on the hunt for the perfect caffeine-free tea for the evenings, so this is tonight’s experiment. I love the dried smell of this – I smell almonds, cinnamon, vanilla, and overall it smells like a nice pastry.

Brewed, this wasn’t was I expected. I was prepared for it to steep up a bright magenta based on all of the other reviews here, but instead it was a gentle rose, tinted with amber. The smell of the liquor was very true to the smell of the dried tea. I added a bit of cinnamon honey to make sure it tasted nice and dessert-y.

Unfortunately, the taste doesn’t live up to my expectations. I was hoping for sweet, almondy, marzipanny goodness, but the taste was mild, and the aftertaste was sour.

This was a good experiment, though. I have enough left for one more cup, so I’ll see how it is to steep this up with Big Apple to get Apple Pie tea.

205 °F / 96 °C 8 min or more 2 tsp 16 OZ / 473 ML
teaqueen

I’m job-hunting, too. It’s sooooo stressful. I’m sorry to hear about the job you wanted. Don’t give up, something will work out :)

Also, good luck with your perfect evening tea search!

Hate.
Haaaaate.
I got this to ease the hurt that was left when “Sleigh Ride” went away, as everyone here had assured me that they were really similar. Straight out of the bag it smells nutty and fragrant, but once brewed it tastes awful. My dreams are crushed.

Flavors: Nuts

I don’t really like nuts that much so I was hesitant to try this tea, but since it was one of the 3 most popular, of course I had to! I was pleasantly surprised. It is really good! I love hos its not too overly nutty and its not too fake tasting. It is just the right amount of sweetness. It doesn’t wow me enough to give it 100 but its still very good.

Flavors: Cinnamon, Nuts

5 min, 0 sec 1 tsp 7 OZ / 207 ML

This tea is very nice sweetened and over ice. I did try it before adding the sweetener, but it was a little too bitter for me. It might be ok for some other tea drinkers, but I enjoy my fruity flavored teas with some sort of sweetener.

Makes a good latte. This is an incredibly popular tea and I understand why. However in my opinion there are much better options. The fact that this turns pink when steeped is nice though.

The blend of Apples and Almonds in this tea is delicious… I love that it’s just as good iced as it is warm and that it doesn’t need any extra sweetener.

After hearing several rave reviews over this tea, I had been very excited to give it a go. A few weeks back I ordered 50g, and I find myself reaching for it more often than my black teas. That alone is a testament to how much I adore Forever Nuts.

To me, the most striking feature of this tea is the brilliant shade of pink it becomes while steeping, thanks to the beet root. Be sure to steep this in a white mug to get the full effect! While I originally found the pink colour a bit gimmicky, it does cheer me up on those colder winter days.

While steeping, the predominant scent I get from this tea is a sweet cinnamon with just a hint of apple. The taste, in contrast, is predominantly apple, helped along with an earthy, almond base and a touch of cinnamon. Definitely a treat, in my opinion, and best sipped after dinner on its own or with dessert.

Boiling 7 min, 0 sec 1 tsp 10 OZ / 300 ML

Ok so I’ve seriously been extremely ragey, pretty much all week, and for absolutely no good reason. But I’m talking like, rage that’s so big and disproportionate. I feel like one of those people in an anger management movie: panting, nostrils flaring, nearly foaming at the mouth at the most minor indiscretion. Like someone could be a bit too chatty at work today, and although I’d ordinarily happily participate, I was wanting to yell and throw things and tell everyone to eff off immediately, and then to go perform very vulgar acts to top it all off just because it feels good to say those kinds of things when you’re mad.

So anyway, I got this tea because of some promotion on Valentine’s day, and decided to drink it straight tonight. rage doesn’t allow for additions, so it was just a six minute steep and me. And it was actually pretty decent, given there was nothing added. Many a steepsterite before me have described this tea with careful attention to detail and nuance, so I won’t bore you, but I’ll just say that it does taste vaguely of apple crisp with almonds, and while i don’t know that I’ll rush out to restock, I’d say I’m happy enough to keep a small supply on hand because it’s a caffeine free option that I actually don’t hate.

Ok, off to get needlessly mad about more things. It’s actually kind of hilarious, because i’m typically very calm and even-tempered, so it’s kind of fascinating in a messed up way. The solution is to drink more tea.
Is there any particular tea you guys like to drink when you’re angry?

OMGsrsly

Umm, good luck? Tea can be really meditative, especially those that take many short steeps. Would that work for you?

Courtney

OMG I almost fell out of my chair laughing. “Rage doesn’t allow for additons”. I totally have those days! I have an extreme low tolerance for stupidity and some days I’m ready to fly right off the handle. I always go for my most comforting teas. Or an Ativan. :P

keychange

Yes! you get it! all week I’ve been wanting to yell “Why the f*ck are you guys all such incompetent effing fools?!?!!?!?!!?!?! You’re stupid, and so are you, and you, and you…aaahhhh!”. LOL. And yes, I’m keenly aware of how ridiculous this all sounds, because I’m no uniquely intelligent specemine myself, but you know rage…it has no logic sometimes. And omgsrsly, I don’t think I can do multiple steeps of anything. If there’s even the slightest chance I’ll lose potency, I don’t bother. I’m one of those weird people who enjoys one cup of tea every few hours haha. Also, I promise my rage is mostly contained within me. And we don’t have guns in Canada…only caribou and hockey.

OMGsrsly

What about the moose? ;) (I totally get the rage, AND the tea thing. :) Some teas though… I like seeing how they change, like puerh or oolongs.)

Courtney

Haha! Don’t worry I completely understand. I have those days all the time. All the time. I actually found an e-card just the other day that said “I live in fear that today will be the day I accidentally scream SHUT THE F*CK UP out loud, rather than say it in my head”. It could maybe apply here. I do hope you’re able to find a tea that helps. I really do spoil myself on the worst of those days. My favourite teas and my favourite shows. And my onesie.

Rosehips

I am with you 100% on the rage front. I’m having one of those weeks too. I hope that we shall be heading into calm and happy times.

ifjuly

aw man, i had a similar vibe a week or so ago and it felt awful, like even though i behaved just fine inside i felt so out of control! i hope you feel better soon. it’s the worst, impotent rage.

ashmanra

I know how you feel, and when it is over I wonder what the heck happened. I guess it is hormones? And life. Jasmine from Teavivre is my peaceful, centering tea.

TheTeaFairy

+1 with ashmanra on Teavivre Jasmine (and hormones!!)
(Your description of anger management is pretty darn accurate and hilarious, lol!)

Hello.Kiki

I hear ya on the unexplainable rage-monster moods. Most of the time when I’m like that, it usually demands to be fed EVERYTHING, and then there is the crying at everything, and then I realize I’m pms-ing, lol. oops.
but omg Courtney! I’ve seen that e-card, and today was one of those days lol (ahh, the joys of working retail)
Whatever the reason keychange, hang in there!

Charissa

That’s totally been my week too! I just get so pissed at the littlest things! (Of course, all that for me is due to PMS so…yeah. I hate when hormones turn me into a complete mean old troll.) I usually drink raspberry leaf tea during this horrible time of the month, as it supposedly helps balance hormones and help the female system (sorry if this is TMI!) and it doesn’t contain caffeine, which is probably helpful when I’m in an angry mood. Otherwise, I did have my lovely, soothing Cherry Blossom green tea (a Japanese sencha with dried cherries)one afternoon on s particularly bad day (my son was teething and cranky, and I was about ready to lose it he was driving me absolutely nuts)so I gave myself a tea “time out”, steeped the cherry blossom, took a hot shower, and immediately came out calmer and more refreshed. Thank you tea for coming to the rescue and saving my sanity! :-) Anyway, good luck, I hope you get back to feeling your old self soon!

Charissa

And yes, I was drinking tea IN the shower. Is that weird?

keychange

It is never, ever weird to drink tea, as far as I’m concerned. Whatever your state: showering, dying, giving birth—all good reasons to drink tea. And I’m glad so many of you can relate to this needless rage. Courtney, that greeting card sounds like it should be our life mantra! also, I had a onesie once, but then I woke up in the middle of the night having to pee, and I sat there, pretty much completely naked and peeing while my onesie lay in a pile on the floor around my feet. They need to come up with better peeing mechanisms! and raspberry tea sounds divine!

keychange

And yes, my rage does make me feel so out of control on the inside, despite being able to at least keep it together for the sake of appearances/not getting fired/deported.

tigress_al

In my job I have to put up with a lot of people and very frequently feel rage like yours. I just have no patience for idiots. Grrrrrr.
Hope you found a tea to soothe your rage!

keychange

Oh rage!…glad it afflicts everyone, I guess. LOL.