Forever Nuts

Fruit Herbal Blend
Almond, Apple, Artificial Flavouring, Beet Root, Cinnamon
Butter, Cinnamon, Creamy, Nuts, Popcorn, Sweet, Apple, Berry, Cream, Fruity, Nutty, Almond, Brown Sugar, Caramel, Coconut, Honey, Honeydew, Stewed Fruits, Vanilla, Baked Bread, Berries, Earth, Toffee
Loose Leaf, Sachet
Caffeine Free
Edit tea info Last updated by madametj

• “Mmmm, I like all these "Forever Nuts" type of teas with the apple/cinnamon/nut combinations. Though, to be honest the only reason I picked this one out of the other similar ones I have right now is...” Read full tasting note
    roswellstrange 2067 tasting notes
  • “I was reading tasting notes, and Christina mentioned mixing this tea with something else to change the aftertaste. She suggested Creme Caramel Rooibos, which I don't have, so I mixed 1 tbsp this...” Read full tasting note
    OMGsrsly 1504 tasting notes
  • “I think it's been decided that I prefer this over Mom's Apple Pie. (thanks *OMGsrsly*) And Mulberry Magic over Pistachio Cream. And lots of teas over Sugar and Spice. And the Pumpkin Chai is...” Read full tasting note
    cavocorax 1700 tasting notes
  • “Easy sip down! I enjoyed the last of it with some half-and-half (like a lighter cream). It tones down the apple and brought out the nuts and cinnamon more. Yay! I'd totally buy more in the future,...” Read full tasting note
    fjellrev 828 tasting notes

From DAVIDsTEA

For almond lovers

It looks all normal when it’s loose. But steep it and you’ll see that it’s nuts. Within seconds, this tempting jumble of almond slices and chunks, apple bits and cinnamon bark starts turning a crazy shade of pink. Why? Because it contains a hint of beetroot. That’s what gives this rich almond tea its earthy depth and its all-natural signature colour. Deliciously nutty, decidedly addictive. Caffeine-free.

Ingredients: Apple, almonds, cinnamon, beetroot and artificial flavouring*.

About DAVIDsTEA View company

After hearing several rave reviews over this tea, I had been very excited to give it a go. A few weeks back I ordered 50g, and I find myself reaching for it more often than my black teas. That alone is a testament to how much I adore Forever Nuts.

To me, the most striking feature of this tea is the brilliant shade of pink it becomes while steeping, thanks to the beet root. Be sure to steep this in a white mug to get the full effect! While I originally found the pink colour a bit gimmicky, it does cheer me up on those colder winter days.

While steeping, the predominant scent I get from this tea is a sweet cinnamon with just a hint of apple. The taste, in contrast, is predominantly apple, helped along with an earthy, almond base and a touch of cinnamon. Definitely a treat, in my opinion, and best sipped after dinner on its own or with dessert.

Boiling 7 min, 0 sec 1 tsp 10 OZ / 300 ML

Ok so I’ve seriously been extremely ragey, pretty much all week, and for absolutely no good reason. But I’m talking like, rage that’s so big and disproportionate. I feel like one of those people in an anger management movie: panting, nostrils flaring, nearly foaming at the mouth at the most minor indiscretion. Like someone could be a bit too chatty at work today, and although I’d ordinarily happily participate, I was wanting to yell and throw things and tell everyone to eff off immediately, and then to go perform very vulgar acts to top it all off just because it feels good to say those kinds of things when you’re mad.

So anyway, I got this tea because of some promotion on Valentine’s day, and decided to drink it straight tonight. rage doesn’t allow for additions, so it was just a six minute steep and me. And it was actually pretty decent, given there was nothing added. Many a steepsterite before me have described this tea with careful attention to detail and nuance, so I won’t bore you, but I’ll just say that it does taste vaguely of apple crisp with almonds, and while i don’t know that I’ll rush out to restock, I’d say I’m happy enough to keep a small supply on hand because it’s a caffeine free option that I actually don’t hate.

Ok, off to get needlessly mad about more things. It’s actually kind of hilarious, because i’m typically very calm and even-tempered, so it’s kind of fascinating in a messed up way. The solution is to drink more tea.
Is there any particular tea you guys like to drink when you’re angry?

OMGsrsly

Umm, good luck? Tea can be really meditative, especially those that take many short steeps. Would that work for you?

Courtney

OMG I almost fell out of my chair laughing. “Rage doesn’t allow for additons”. I totally have those days! I have an extreme low tolerance for stupidity and some days I’m ready to fly right off the handle. I always go for my most comforting teas. Or an Ativan. :P

keychange

Yes! you get it! all week I’ve been wanting to yell “Why the f*ck are you guys all such incompetent effing fools?!?!!?!?!!?!?! You’re stupid, and so are you, and you, and you…aaahhhh!”. LOL. And yes, I’m keenly aware of how ridiculous this all sounds, because I’m no uniquely intelligent specemine myself, but you know rage…it has no logic sometimes. And omgsrsly, I don’t think I can do multiple steeps of anything. If there’s even the slightest chance I’ll lose potency, I don’t bother. I’m one of those weird people who enjoys one cup of tea every few hours haha. Also, I promise my rage is mostly contained within me. And we don’t have guns in Canada…only caribou and hockey.

OMGsrsly

What about the moose? ;) (I totally get the rage, AND the tea thing. :) Some teas though… I like seeing how they change, like puerh or oolongs.)

Courtney

Haha! Don’t worry I completely understand. I have those days all the time. All the time. I actually found an e-card just the other day that said “I live in fear that today will be the day I accidentally scream SHUT THE F*CK UP out loud, rather than say it in my head”. It could maybe apply here. I do hope you’re able to find a tea that helps. I really do spoil myself on the worst of those days. My favourite teas and my favourite shows. And my onesie.

Rosehips

I am with you 100% on the rage front. I’m having one of those weeks too. I hope that we shall be heading into calm and happy times.

ifjuly

aw man, i had a similar vibe a week or so ago and it felt awful, like even though i behaved just fine inside i felt so out of control! i hope you feel better soon. it’s the worst, impotent rage.

ashmanra

I know how you feel, and when it is over I wonder what the heck happened. I guess it is hormones? And life. Jasmine from Teavivre is my peaceful, centering tea.

TheTeaFairy

+1 with ashmanra on Teavivre Jasmine (and hormones!!)
(Your description of anger management is pretty darn accurate and hilarious, lol!)

Hello.Kiki

I hear ya on the unexplainable rage-monster moods. Most of the time when I’m like that, it usually demands to be fed EVERYTHING, and then there is the crying at everything, and then I realize I’m pms-ing, lol. oops.
but omg Courtney! I’ve seen that e-card, and today was one of those days lol (ahh, the joys of working retail)
Whatever the reason keychange, hang in there!

Charissa

That’s totally been my week too! I just get so pissed at the littlest things! (Of course, all that for me is due to PMS so…yeah. I hate when hormones turn me into a complete mean old troll.) I usually drink raspberry leaf tea during this horrible time of the month, as it supposedly helps balance hormones and help the female system (sorry if this is TMI!) and it doesn’t contain caffeine, which is probably helpful when I’m in an angry mood. Otherwise, I did have my lovely, soothing Cherry Blossom green tea (a Japanese sencha with dried cherries)one afternoon on s particularly bad day (my son was teething and cranky, and I was about ready to lose it he was driving me absolutely nuts)so I gave myself a tea “time out”, steeped the cherry blossom, took a hot shower, and immediately came out calmer and more refreshed. Thank you tea for coming to the rescue and saving my sanity! :-) Anyway, good luck, I hope you get back to feeling your old self soon!

Charissa

And yes, I was drinking tea IN the shower. Is that weird?

keychange

It is never, ever weird to drink tea, as far as I’m concerned. Whatever your state: showering, dying, giving birth—all good reasons to drink tea. And I’m glad so many of you can relate to this needless rage. Courtney, that greeting card sounds like it should be our life mantra! also, I had a onesie once, but then I woke up in the middle of the night having to pee, and I sat there, pretty much completely naked and peeing while my onesie lay in a pile on the floor around my feet. They need to come up with better peeing mechanisms! and raspberry tea sounds divine!

keychange

And yes, my rage does make me feel so out of control on the inside, despite being able to at least keep it together for the sake of appearances/not getting fired/deported.

tigress_al

In my job I have to put up with a lot of people and very frequently feel rage like yours. I just have no patience for idiots. Grrrrrr.
Hope you found a tea to soothe your rage!

keychange

Oh rage!…glad it afflicts everyone, I guess. LOL.

Before I brewed it up, I was skeptical. Dry, it looks like a bunch of dried up fruit, and smells really nutty. Brewed it up, added some white sugar, and to my shock & surprise, IT IS DELICIOUS. A huge plus? I can use far less sugar than usual and it still tastes fantastic. I’m going to try it with some cream later on…I think that would work really well.

If you’re a fan of apple pie, or apple & cinnamon oatmeal, this is definitely the tea for you!
Boiling 5 min, 0 sec 1 tsp 8 OZ / 236 ML

If you want to drink a cookie try this tea.

Flavors: Nuts

Wow, I was honestly expecting to hate this. I was given the 6 sachet tin as part of a gift and decided to give it a whirl, even though I usually dislike apple-based teas. This one, however, seemed to do it right. Almond and apple goes together like peanut butter and jam. I’m actually planning on going out tomorrow to get a full tin of it (and to take advantage of the Valentine’s day sale!).

This was the second tea I ever tried from DavidsTea. That first time tasted absoloutly delicious, with a bit of 2% milk added to it. But since then I have never been able to replicate that wonderful flavor, and as a result find the tea a bit boring. It sure smells nice, though, and is very tasty on yogurt.

Boiling 4 min, 0 sec 1 tsp 8 OZ / 250 ML

Steepster seems to have eaten my notes on this one (probably because they sounded so delicious). I wasn’t sure about this tea at first, to be honest, but it’s grown on me. I’ve actually only got a couple servings left before the bottom of the tin. This was one of my first David’s Tea purchases and even though it’s only been a month since I bought it, I’ve already got eight others. At this rate, I may as well just open my own shop! I’ll drink this one any way it can be made. Plain, with brown sugar (it does have to be brown sugar, though, not honey or white sugar or any other sweetener), with a bit of milk, steeped in milk as a latte…you name it, I’ve tried it, and it’s been delicious. I can see why this is touted as a customer favourite. If I’m drinking it plain, I prefer to steep it for as long as possible. Even in milk, I’ll usually let it go for at least fifteen or twenty minutes. You get a bit of a berry flavour in this one…someone in another review said “Strawberry Quik” and it definitely gets close when done as a latte. I can’t wait for my next one to arrive!

Flavors: Baked Bread, Berries, Cinnamon, Cream, Earth, Nuts

Boiling 8 min or more 1 tsp 12 OZ / 354 ML

This tea comes out pink so of course I love it. It smells heavenly too, like apple crumble and almonds. One of my favourite herbal teas and it tastes great straight or with a little honey, haven’t tried with cream though,if anything I’ll be using almond milk.

I love this tea! It’s one of my all time favorites to sip while I’m in a long lecture on a snowy day. Be careful not to steep too long, or you get too much of a beetroot flavour, I find. Best with a short shot of agave <3

It tastes mostly of nuts, with a fruity undertone and the smell is heavenly and homey.

One of my winter favorites.

I was starting to give up on DAVIDsTEA because of their weak flavors (is it just me, or do their teas smell 10x better than they taste?). But, I was surprised to find myself enjoying this so much. Even more surprising, it was a great second steep! Cross your fingers to get this one as a free sample..